Excellent photo opportunities onboard

Incharge

<font color=deepseagreen>Has a PHOBIA about teeny
Please list your greatest photo locations onboard. There are so many areas.
1. My favorite is an idea from another poster. The very large porthole windows in Beatstreet serves as an excellent photo backdrop. While docked with the island as your background out of the porthole, take a photo of your loved ones sitting in the porthole looking out. If you have a flash camera, put your finger over the flash to block it from hitting the glass. This gives an almost shadow effect, with the beautiful background outside of the porthole. We took these after returning from shore.
2. Having breakfast at topsiders, there is an area outside where you can take a picture having breakfast at your table with the island in the background. We went back up at aslower time of the morning, after the crowd. This is also pretty. Best to take b4 pigging out on the foods:D
3. Near the Babygrand piano (late at night, after the crowds)
Anyone else have any great spots?

My all time favorite photo is my daughter sitting in a porthole outside of Parrot Cay. She is wearing light blue, the blue ocean is in the background....it just all worked out perfectly. Another favorite was a photo op that I understand got a cast member reprimanded....so I won't discuss that one (although it made a special birthday memory for my daughter!)

My favorite is of my wife and I on deck 10 aft. The sunset is the backdrop along the rail.

Watch out for those opportunities that the characters just happen to wander around the ship. I have a great shot of Goofy on the lower outside deck at night.

My favorite is on Castaway Cay, not long after where you disembark, where you stand with the ship in the background. Shutters takes photos there in the morning, and you can take your own too. We have several, but only one with the ship pulled in...it seems to back in almost always now.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

1) The deck 7 aft overlook offers great panoramic views to take pix-especially on CC day

2) Also, as I've recommended on previous posts, take a roll or 2 of black and white film....the pix, especially of the interior of ship, have that old Hollywood look...really nice

I agree with Brack: you cant beat the sunsets from Deck 10 aft! I can feel the gentle warm breeze on my face, just thinking about it! Nat.:Pinkbounc

Thanks for the suggestion on B&W film. I have a couple of rolls in my bag but had not thought of interior shots on the ship. Thanks.

ps: I have gone away from the color processed B&W film. It just doesn't give me the look I want from B&W. IMHO.

I like the picture Barb is talking about but a good one on CC too is near where they give out the tube rentals. You can get the entire ship in the background, there are some small palm trees there and it is not crowded with people. I have gotten a lot of great shots there.
We've done the piano shot too on Formal night. Very classy.
I wanted to try the black and white but left my film at home:( anyone have someof those shots to share I would love to see them.

I like the picture Barb is talking about but a good one on CC too is near where they give out the tube rentals. You can get the entire ship in the background, there are some small palm trees there and it is not crowded with people.

That's exactly where we had one of the other passengers take our family photo - we were all wearing Mickey/Minnie ears! We used that as our Christmas card!!:D

One of the best photos we took home was a picture of my son with his snorkle gear on in the water a CC in the snorkle area. The ship is behind him in the water. Very cool.

Another cool CC photo op is the start of the beach where they rent the sail boats and other water craft. It's the closest beach spot where the boat is in the back ground. We've got a great shot of our little one sitting on the sand facing the boat with the boat in the back ground.

I love taking pics with the show characters on the last night. Hades is my favorite. Also, think of a fun pose and the characters will play along. We have a fun one with Captain Hook as well.

On deck 10 midship is the over look for the stage on deck 9.. When the characters come out to be on stage they come from the entrance on Deck 10. It's a good spot to catch them.

Another great photo was of the captain and crew when they came out on the glass-bottom platform when they are docking the ship. I can't remember which deck, but it was one deck up from the actual platform. That was a great picture.

There are two of these both just below deck 10 forward (basketball court) on eiter side of the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter