EXCELLENT Ladies Podcast!!

Tinkerbellie16

DIS Veteran
Thanks to the team for the EXCELLENT ladies podcast (dated 3/11/13).

I am a long time traveler (and a woman) and this podcast was so relevant and interesting to me. It is so great for you to give safety tips as well as talk about some of the issues as a female traveler - especially traveling alone!

I commend you on tackling a topic like this and starting it out on such a serious note which really brings home the importance of safety for any person, and especially for women. My heart goes out to the children of Sarai Sierra and her family. No parent deserves to be harmed just for doing something for themselves or by themselves. Hopefully more women will hear information like your podcast and we can prevent some of these tragedies.

Before I travel to a different country, I always find out the current state of their relations with my country (USA). There have been times that I have claimed to be Canadian, English, or even Australian because I know that saying I am American might create a dangerous situation. But it is much more difficult to hide your gender! Prepartion and knowing your surroundings are keys to safety like you reiterated in your podcast.

As for Disney, this is very good information since many of us women and mothers travel by ourselves or with our children alone. And while no place is 100% safe from danger, Disney is absolutely one of the safer places to visit. This is a big reason I like to travel to WDW - I feel safe and welcome no matter what I look like or what gender I am.

Keep up the AWESOME podcasts!!!! I love all of them but the ladies podcasts are my favorites!

Just finished watching. Wonderful job ladies! Loved the show, you are all doing an excellent job of imparting helpful information to all of us. thank you

I love to hear the ladies point of view. This show had a lot of good advice...I will be traveling alone in May and even though I'm not nervous about it, I will use caution.....I won't be advertising where I'm going (by carrying my Disney backpack or wearing my lanyard and pins). Keep up the great work ladies...we love you !!!!

Very interesting podcast. As a guy I seldom think about the things that women do (or worry about) when out and about. Its an interesting reality check. Kind of a sad statement on the world we live in as well.

I just heard the Ladies Only podcast yesterday. I don't know if Julie will read this thread, but LeSportSac has come out with a new it's a small world bag and it's black. The theme is London and the sizes are really good. I had to get one big enough for my DSLR, but I'm thinking about getting the tote bag, too, because of the dangling dolls. I got 20% off with my AP at Vault 28, too!

I loved the Ladies Only podcast this week. I travel to Disney solo alot and have also taken a couple of other trips to places solo.

The advice is spot on. Also - if it wasn't mentioned - when you are in the room alone make sure to lock the deadbolt.

And don't ask someone at the airport to watch your luggage for you while you pop into the ladies room. A woman did that to me on my November 2012 trip and I just said No - it's best you take your luggage with you.

I loved Kathy's story about the hotel with the Bulletproof glass and How long will you need the room comment. :lmao:

I'm really looking forward to the April Ladies Only Podcast.

I didnt get the chance to mention it on the show but you also shouldn't use the hang tag on your door to order breakfast. You should just call to order room service.

Love to listen to the Ladies! I would have been happy to hear a whole podcast about Muffin Tin Mondays! There are so many woman that are DIS fanatics - you have a huge following.

Thanks, everyone! It's great to hear that people are enjoying these podcasts - we're having fun with them!!

Love to listen to the Ladies! I would have been happy to hear a whole podcast about Muffin Tin Mondays! There are so many woman that are DIS fanatics - you have a huge following.

Glad you enjoyed that part. :) I love doing them! If you're interested, I actually write a column on John's Foodie Tales site about my meals: http://foodietales.com/category/foodietales/making-meals-memorable/ I haven't written about any Disney-themed ones yet, but will in the future!

Hi. I finally got to see the Ladies podcast this morning. Great show:thumbsup2 It was really nice with all four of you there. Keep up the great work.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter