ex getting remarried and i want to go to Disney that weekend?

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi everyone - I am getting ready to have my midlife crisis i think.. my ex left me long ago (almost 7 years ) for this woman and now they are getting married Oct. 1st, since they extended the free dining I want to escape the state and my life and go to Disney. I can do it for a Thur to Sun for $534 (I am getting an unexpected bonus of $500 the begin of Aug.) do what do you think am I just plain crazy (me and my kids just were there 7/2-7/8!) my mother is freaking out about me going alone.. (altho i do not see the difference of when i take my kids - they are 11 and 8 not like there is another grown up with me!!) just looking to see what you all think.. Thanks Michelle

I see no problem with you going alone. I've thought of doing that many times, just haven't acted upon it yet. Maybe you could see who all was going to be there at that time and meet up with some fellow DISers.

Go.............and then check out the solo and adult boards! There are going to be quite a few of us there during that time period, and many locals who go solo and would love to meet up for a day or a dinner or whatever. It is also the Food and Wine Festival so you would have a wonderful time! The band that weekend is Kansas.

GO! Have a blast. You can do the adult things that you don't have enough time to do with the kids. I could spend a lot more time in WorldShow case than my kids & DH.

Just do it!~ I would totally get out of town and have a great time at Disney. Make it your best vacation ever!

I'm curious to know why you chose that exact weekend?

ETA: Sorry, I thought you were saying he was getting married in Disney. I reread and see that's not the case. :) I say go and have a good time!

I would go!

What better place to escape for a while and your kids are older ex. no diapers, bottles, etc. GO GO GO :teeth:

Hi, Michelle...go, go, go!!!! You are a grown up now and your mother, loving though she may be, is not in charge of you or your decisions.

The day my ex got re-married (to my former best friend) I took my three closest friends to dinner at Ruth's Chris, and we made sure to spend every dime of my most recent child support check. I say do anything that makes you feel better - even if it has been seven years, you are obviously still having some emotions about it, so do what you can to protect your self and go have fun!!!!

I choose that weekend cause he is getting married on Oct 1st and I don't want to be around ( my kids are in it and they want me to go - altho I don't know if i am being invited ) I don't want to be around at all ... If i stay home my friends have offered to take me out drinking but i don't really want to do that cause all that will do is compound my emotions. I do love Epcot! and the F&W fest. Thanks for the input. Michelle

I say go! But can I also advise that after 7 years, if you are still this upset over him getting married, maybe a little counseling could help? Hugs to you. Hope you find PEACE.

ok just so you know its not that i am holding a torch or anything (this man cheated on me so many time it was unreal and i was the doormat that let it keep happening ) but its just I don't get how come he always gets what he wants .. anyway, they are really perfect together and my kids both like her and she is very decent to them and well far as i can see they are meant for each other and we were not but I certainly don't want to watch him say the same vows to her as he did to me when he cared so little about breaking each and every one of them several times over. There now that that is out .. I have found a solution, my little sis's birthday is 10/2 and she has agreed to come with me. Thanks again and feel free to still give me input.. Michelle

Check out the meets board and the parks board there is a huge group going that weekend. Some are solo also...There are plenty of mini meets being set up. Come, it's going to be a great weekend.!!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter