EWP group?

Hello!! My name is Becki....

I am so sorry that it has been forever since I've been around!! I can make a ton of excuses, but it just really boils down to: I'M COVERED UP!!! :crowded:

With DH, Mark on 2nd shift ::cop:, I'm all alone at night to deal with dinner, homework, baby feedings, cleaning, dishes, lawn mowing......the list could go on forever!!

Linda, I've been thinking about you and your upcoming trip!! I got your email about me mixing the names....Brain Fart!!! I'm sure you and Frank, oops, I mean Tom will have a great time!! And, drive safely and have a Mickey bar for us!!

Well, not much time to write now...I just wanted to give a shout out to Linda to wish her Bon Voyage!!

I promise I'll be back later with a life update!! Suffice it to say....it's crazy!! :crazy:

Take care everyone!! Oh!! It's good to "meet" a few new Suite members...Hello to JoiseyMom!! :wave:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back, Merryl! You've arrived back from WDW just in time...........to join Linda and Tom's BON VOYAGE celebration!!!!!!!

Our Suite fellows have arranged a very special party as a great send-off for Linda and Tom, so let's all party!!!!!

Wishing Linda and Tom a wonderful, Magical vacation and a safe and fun trip! Can't wait 'til you both get back, so that we can hear all about your adventures!

And you'll have to tell us all about your trip, when you have a chance, Merryl!

Hi Becki! Great to see you! And hi out there, Colleen! :)

Sorry - as always - that I haven't been around very much - school started last week and I'm already inundated with reading assignments (.......and just got my first 2 written assignments, too.......)! I got the official "go-ahead" from my Advisor, last week, to "pseudo-graduate" in May! As all of my classwork will be completed by then and all of my Health Education requirements satisfied, I can participate in the Commencement exercises.......although I won't actually get my diploma / degree until after I finish my Fieldwork and present it in the Fall........but that's OK! I'm getting there, slowly but surely! :)

We've also been busy cheering our FIRST PLACE NY METS to victory! :) We were out at Shea Stadium last weekend and just found out that we will be going to the Playoffs in 2 weeks! :) Shea Stadium is my third favorite place in the world.........after WDW and the NYC Broadway Theatre District! :)

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and "welcome back" to Merryl..........and BON VOYAGE to Linda and Tom!

See you all soon! Have a great weekend! :)

WOW! The Suite sure has been quiet, lately! Will have to start planning Linda and Tom's WELCOME HOME party, to get everyone together! :)

Speaking of Linda and Tom, I heard from Linda a few days ago, and she and Tom are having a wonderful, magical WDW vacation! They had spent a wonderful evening viewing Wishes........and of course the EWP (!!) and she said that that was their favorite part of the trip, thus far! They were on their way to see La Nouba, and she mentioned seeing a bunch of fellow DIS'ers, too! She sends her love to everyone!

Can't wait for a full trip report, upon Linda's return! :)

I've been fine - just busy with the Jewish Holidays, over the past 2 weekends, as well as my school semester.

Frank and I are going to Game 1 of the Mets' Playoffs, tomorrow..........LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

And we made our airline and hotel reservations for Barcelona, pre and post our DCL Mediterranean cruise on the Magic, next July! Just 8 months to go! :) And just 3.5 months until our next wonderful visit to THE LAND OF MAGIC!! :)

Hope that all is well with all of you and hope to see you here, soon! (I will try my hardest to be around more often, too! :)) Take care, Everyone! :)

Hi Everyone!

Heard from Linda and Tom, again - they were off on an IllumiNations Cruise, 2 nights ago! Sounds wonderful! :) Can't wait to hear her full report, upon her return! :)

We had a FANTASTIC time at the Playoff game, yesterday! The weather was warm and summerlike..........and the Mets WON!!!!!! Onward to Game 2!!!!!

Here is a picture (like PhotoPass! :)) that the professional Stadium photographer took of us, yesterday, if you'd like to see:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=nymets&gallery_id=522094&image_id=24

Hope that all is well with all of you, and hope that you're all having a great week! :)

Whew!! I am one worn out lady. Between all the fun and coming home with the remenants of a cold/flu I am even tireder than usual and that is saying something for a woman with an 8 pt iron level. :rotfl2:

We got home late Wednesday night. Did not even unpack the car, just went in and turned on the hot water heater, took showers and went to bed, to sleep - perchance to dream. Knitting up that ravelled sleeve etc. :cool1:

I always forget something when I travel and this time I took the cake. Usually it is something I can pick up at a local WM. I left my card with snail mail addys and phone numbers. After all the nice cards I get from you all when you travel I feel as if I have let the Suite down and in a big way. I did buy cards and will send them as soon as I am able to write something coherent. :grouphug:

I did make it to Kinko's (thanks to info from the board on how to do this) and send out a very few messages a couple of times.

I will write more later. I think I am sane enough to drive today and I NEED to go to the grocery store badly.

I missed you all and we had much more fun than pain. More to follow!!

Love, Linda Lou

Linda!!

So glad that you made it home safely!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!

I drove by your house several times while you were gone to make sure it was still standing!! Everything looked well taken care of!!

Give me a ring when we can meet up some time soon. I'm out your way several times a week these days. I even ventured into the Community Center yesterday to check out the new Health Clinic. Nice!!

Take care!! Talk to ya soon!!

Becki

Oh....took Carson to the Doctor today for his 6 mo. check up, and the doctor said he has an ear infection!!!!! I was hoping to have to not deal with those since the girls never had an ear infection!! Oh, well!! Here we go!!

The pool table is now empty. That means that almost everything is put away now. Laundry is caught up and I currently working on a special DVD to make amends for not sending post cards to the most special people I know and love, whom never forget ME! I did not forget any of YOU but did forget the info to contact you with. I cannot believe I did that. I got piled on a couple of weeks before we left but that is still not a good excuse.

While we were gone one of my sisters got hit by a tornado. It did much damage but they are still able to live in the house. The problem is that they have many houses in foreclosure in their complex and they fear that it will make it all that much harder to sell their place and move to a condo now. I hope it works out for them.

My sis with the liver transplant had a setback and had to go back to the hospital for a few days but seems to be doing well now. The benefit is going to be the 27th. Even with insurance there is so much need for money. Her husband retired from where Tom did and has a job at a new WM on third shift. It is hard on her as she cannot abide being alone for even a little bit. I am the opposite- I go nuts if I am not alone every once in a while.

I have friends coming in from out of town. I have not seen them in person in over 3 years so I am looking forward to getting together with them Friday.

Dalton was put in some more Advanced Placement classes while I was gone. He finished "Oliver Twist" and can now pronounce 'Fagan" properly. He took his grandma's (English Major) word for the fact that it was pronounced her way. lol

Both of my grandsons managed to get into a bit of trouble while I was gone. Nothing serious, usual boy stuff but I think they learned their lessons. I know that Austin did as the police were involved. They decided to scare him straight. He sort of made a 'bomb' in the church lot. If it were before 9/11 it would not have been of note BUT. He was shaking when I talked to him. Dalton took another boy's direction and stopped a toliet at school. I told him that if he "flushed" his straight "A's" down the toliet with a bad grade in conduct that he would not be getting his monetary reward. Grandma is back and on duty so hopefully such silliness will stop, or else. grrrrrrrrrr lol

Becki, are you not the sweetest person for checking on my house. Our city friends might find it hard to believe that it is possible to lock up our house and be gone for a whole month without much worry but that is the way our town is and then the fact that we live on the main street where houses seldom change hands in decades does not hurt. I am a bit bummed that I had to hire someone else's grandchild to mow though. I could not trust mine as they are at their father's mercy for transportation. Gotta blame it on someone and that is what in-laws are for. :rotfl2:

An ear infection?? I hate that. That is why I am deaf. I had many when I was growing up but then I did not get any medical attention. I hope they got it all fixed up and that sweet boy is not hurting anymore. :grouphug:

What did the girls do to celebrate their birthdays? I meant to send a card but failed, once again.

It is a great thing for the elderly and poor in our town to have the new health clinic. Are you planning on coming to play Bingo?? I do not mind the Bingo but wish the money was used for another service other than for the kids. It does not give a good impression to our children to think that we must gamble for their future IMO.

I was at the CC on Tuesday. I must have missed you. If you ever see my silver Toyota in the parking lot I am either there or walking in circles in the old gym. When I poked my head in the door Monday, my first day back, the kids nearly mowed me down. They loved their Mickey soaps, shampoos and lollipops. I had so many snack credits left that I brought back a huge bag of treats and my Mousekeeper left me BAGS of soaps and shampoos. They spoiled me rotten when I was there!! I have many letters to write to Disney about their employees.

Lisa, what a great picture of you guys. I will have to add it to my collection. I met at least a dozen DISers on this trip. I took pictures of many of them too. We visited with many old friends and made some new ones. This one family from Kentucky were so special. The mom is recovering from bone cancer and this trip was her wish. I cannot get her out of my mind. We exchanged emails so I can keep track of her and see her progress. Our most favorite moment was after the Luau we went down to the beach and watched the fireworks (the view of the Castle was awesome!!) and then stuck around for the EWP. I hope that you and Frank can do that someday. The view is so superior to that near the pool. Maybe we can do it together?? When you wish upon a star anything can happen.

I must get back to doing some work now as I will be gone all day tomorrow. I drive Tom everywhere now. He has an appointment for a second opinion (and with a superior surgeon IMO) on the 27th and then the surgery will be scheduled with the second cataract surgery being done about two weeks after that. If this is the worst problem he has at his age I am very grateful. I will be interested to see if there are any changes when he is able to see clearly.

Hugs to you Suite Ladies and more later, SG/Linda

Linda how good to read your post. Thanks for sharing with us! Please do not worry about forgetting addresses. It's more important to remember the bathing suits (which my pal Tisha forgot on one of our Holiday World overnights) and the eyeglasses and contacts (which my dear hubby forgot on two trips). Lisa did share with me that you were alive and kicking!

Isn't that path between the Poly and the GF the most GLORIOUS piece of real estate anywhere? I can't wait to go there at Xmastime when it is not too hot out. I will have to remember to watch the EWP from there. Also, when you post again, please share info on the luau. I am trying to decide if it is worth the splurge. Also, please tell us about your stat at TheVillages.

All is well here. Busy with school stuff, homework, kids, karate. Same old same old!

Love to everyone. :grouphug:

Howdy Colleen~!

Yet another thing to add to my 'to do' list, the walk from the Poly to the GF. lol I plumb forgot your suggestion with all the other new things we did. :confused3

I would have never paid actual money for the luau. The food was mediocre and the show was mildly interesting. The fire dancer was the best. I have video I can share with you if you would like. You can see a fire dancer at the AK Lion King show as well although the Poly was more extended and involved. I loved when he checked his knickers after waving the fire in and around his family jewels. :rotfl2: So did Dalton.

Our friends from The Villages came over and we ate at Tony's one night. It was a very good meal among many others. I skipped out on dessert as I was not feeling well and certainly not up to anything sweet and staked out our seats above the train station. They had never watched from there before and we suitably impressed. I got there late and a kind younger couple helped me drag the only two seats that were empty to our favorite spot (left of center). I could not believe my luck when the nice couple to my left told me that they were just resting and waiting for family members and did not intend to stay for the parade so I had the 4 seats I needed. We shared with some other people and had dozens of children arrayed in front of us for the first parade and fireworks. My friend and I gave a family a thrill when we offered to save a place for them while they rode the train one last time. They were very nice people. On the way home we went by The Villages to visit them and they gave us a guided tour in their brand, spanking new Caddilac. They are the sweetest people but a tad bit shy. I am thinking they should meet up with your folks as they have so much in common with their love of Disney and where they live and all. What do you think?? They kept thanking me for inviting them over as they would have just sit in their Courtyard Villa otherwise. She is the daughter of my bestest friend, Dorthea.

I always put my last pair of old glasses in my glovebox for an emergency and I have never owned a bathing suit in my entire life. I did take some short pants in the thought I would dangle my legs in a pool this trip but that and miniature golf will have to stay on my 'to do' list.

Christmas is my most favorite time to go. Make sure you take a jacket though. If you do it will not get too cold. My 10 disposable raincoats are still intact as it did not rain, except for when we were asleep or once when we were in the Sci Fi Diner.

Nuff detail?? :)

Love, SG/Linda

Sounds like a great time! Of course I never get enough of hearing about pals' trips. Living vicariously is the next best thing to going myself.

I am not surprised with your luau review. Many online are similar -- just "so so." The HoopDeeDoo, on the other hand, is beloved despite its silly nature. My group is headed back there on 6/15/07 when my darling daughter turns 13 and I officially become the Mom of a teenager. I am not a drinker but they offer beer and that night I may feel the need to start... I always feel I am in for a rollercoaster ride with my firstborn.

Linda, it is good you are home before those grandkids get crazy. Isn't it funny how what used to be "innocent pranks" can now be "matters of national security?" I pity all the teens who are bound to do all their dumb moves in this climate... Back when I was a teen we always got a bit of leeway. I bet both boys are glad you're back.

Let's take a roll call: Who is around and who is headed south? I head toward the sunshine on 12/22, although I am not staying in Orlando. Mom doesn't charge extra even during holiday week so we will take our lodging in The Villages. We have lots of day trips planned, though. We have Chef Mickey's on 12/26 -- my 19th wedding anniversary -- and Boma, plus 'Ohana on New Year's Eve. If the weather is hot I might book a last-minute night or two at a DVC resort or whatever Mod I can get cheap. Ian wants to swim at Disney. We'll see... It is nice having the flexibility. If it's 40 degrees I can sleep at the Villages since we wouldn't swim anyway.

Linda, send me your friend's name and I will forward it to Mom. She is thinking of starting a Disney club and your friend(s) might want to participate.

OK, off to school to finish Chili Supper cleanup. We had our big fall fundraiser Friday night and I am still putting things away! :earboy2:

Colleen, do not forget to use the new Western Way exit while wending your way from The Villages to DW. You will come out on a new exit just between Coronado Springs and the All Stars. Yet another reason to stay at the AS to my way of thinking. Location, location, location and they have it all. I expanded my driving to include the Beach and Yacht Clubs. Really easy really just never had a reason to investigate before. I can drive to MK and EPCOT during the daytime but at night things look really really different to me and I do not want my inept self out on the roads with all those other inept, but do not recognize it, people after dark. lol

Living a rural life as I do and having a Hee Haw sense of humor I feel no need to go to Hoop de Doo at all. It would be redundant to say the least. :rotfl2: Bet the kids, even the teenager, would love it though.

I highly reccomend the Illuminations Cruise though. I would not do it again but am glad we did it once and with such nice company. I took video of the whole show and since I am getting a high speed connection for Christmas I hope to be able to share it with you all. Just remember that it is a pretty short 'cruise'. They take you around the lagoon at the Beach and Yacht Club resorts a bit after dark (it is very pretty) and then you head over to EPCOT. A whole new view of a very familar place. Parking under the bridge near France you have a fantastic view of it all. Smoke was not a bit of a problem that night. As far as the 'snacks' go you will get tossed a small bag of chips and be given a can of soda. If you are operating a camera you will not be able to enjoy either one and I do not think I would want to miss one second of the 'show' for a bite or a sip. :confused3

I will have to check with Karen and Owen about possibly meeting up with your parents as they are intensely private and shy people. I will apply pressure though as I think it would be good for them. Even though they got big bucks they are not "keeping up with the Jones'" type people. Disney is about her only topic of conversation. He is a retired insurance salesman who owned his own agency. They just live one town up from us. We are spending Thanksgiving with them as neither of us have anywhere else to go. (sad) I would love to volunteer at a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving but Tom is not into public service.

What would your school do without all your talents? I hope they appreciate you.

I am taking the day off work tomorrow and going on a gal's trip. An internet diet group that I belong to are getting together tomorrow. I will fix two plates of food for Tom and leave him on his own for the day. His brother offered to take him but I asked that it happen next weekend as I have so much yardwork to do and it would fit my plans better. I feel a little bad about it, just a little. If I can stay by myself for several days once a month and get many chores done he can sit for a few hours (he will whether I am here or not) and zap a meal or two. He has bowling today and is still asleep. Do I owe it to him to wake him up?? (can you tell that there has been far tooooo much togetherness on our trip????) :rolleyes1

If Tom wakes up in time I have to drop him off and go wash the car. I had to fix a headlight that went off yesterday. It was very easy, thanks to instructions from the Internet and maybe I saved a buck or two toward our next trip. I took the truck out for a spin to see if it was still running after a month's rest. It is a 1990 Mazda truck and only has about 100,000 miles on it and I just cannot justify buying a new vehicle for someone who only drives 30 miles a week. I worry about it breaking down though. Of course I worry about EVERYTHING. :rotfl2: It shakes a bit when you get up to about 65 but there is no reason to drive it that fast anyway. If I ever have to go down to one vehicle I will get a truck. It comes in handy for so many things. I haul the trash to the dump as it is easier and much cheaper than paying for service, it is almost time to load up mulch for the flower beds too. Great exercise. Did I tell you all that I lost pounds at DW while eating everything I wanted?? It is a magical place.

I am going to cover up the a/c units this weekend so expect a heatwave to come next week. It is the way it works.

Gas for under $2 a gallon? Is everyone else as lucky or luckier??

Your rambling friend, Linda

Linda, even though I love my kids dearly it is not like I don't value the occasional babysitter... So it is with you and Tom. Leave him some food for tomorrow and ship him to the brother next week and you will all be happier for it :)

Thanks for the info on "Western Way." Last March as we came in off #27 then #192 I could see guys putting the finishing touches on a new road that seemed to be a completely new exit... Scott and I commented on it then forgot about it in July as we approached from the Villages. Perhaps you can fill me in before Xmas... What I need to know is if it is worth getting off of #27 or not. Any road that gets me to Mickey quicker sounds great, especially since we will drive home to Mom's the night of New Year's Eve.

The Illuminations Cruise sounds wonderful and I think my family would love it. I would worry beforehand about having to tinkle while out there... The story of my life. I guess for a magical view of Epcot I could cross my legs... and not drink the can of soda!

If your friend is up for a Disney Club, encourage her to join up with Mom and her new Disney friends. Mom is plotting to get some pals to go to Orlando with her on a regular basis as my Dad feels a little Mickey goes a long way. My parents are having dinner at BOMA on Thanksgiving and their neighbors next door are joining them. I am glad they have fun plans because I could not convince them to fly up here when we'll be down for Xmas just 3 weeks later.

Linda, Hee Haw or not I think you would LOVE the HoopDeeDoo. The food is wonderful and the whole show just so silly and fun. It was Erin's immediate choice for "Where do you want your 13th birthday dinner?" Of course my hubby noticed the child picked the most expensive option... I have trained her well!

Have fun with your diet group... I guess you are not going to a buffet restaurant? :)

xoxo

Colleen, you are so right about familarity breeding contempt. I do not want to spend 24/7 with myself. lol I did fix two plates of food and left Tom sitting in front of the tv. He was still there when I returned many hours later. That is where he would have been if I had not left. At least he got some exercise in that he had to get up, walk one step t o the fridge, take out the plate of his choice and then walk the long way around the counter (at least 3 steps) to the microwave. That either staved off a potential heart attack or might have possibly caused one. :rotfl2:

I do not know the exit number TO using Western Way to WDW as I only took it from. The DW entrance/exit is just past Coronado Springs on the right and is well marked. The only problem I encountered is that I went past the exit to the toll road and had to turn around but as it was a dead end it was not problematic at all, even for me. lol My friends from The Villages said they greatly enjoyed the exit. There are big "Welcome to DW" signs coming from that direction. That stretch of the road was deserted when we were on it and it sure did beat getting off and on the area interstates and having to go back toward Orlando as we had been doing. I highly reccomend it. :thumbsup2

The Illuminations Cruise does not last all that long that you would need fear any potentially embarrassing accidents. I think it barely lasted a half hour or so. I am glad we went but would not do it again. You can easily get a couple of more people to join you via the IC thread on here and cut down on the expense. One of the boats that went with us had a birthday celebration on it. I have heard of people eating while on board but I cannot see how you would really get to enjoy food and see all the views of familiar sights in an unfamilar setting. I say go and then walk over to B&C afterward. JMO

I doubt that my friend would willingly walk into the Disney Club. She is a bit shy, even though she might not seem so to some. I am thinking if I could get your folks and my friends to go out for a meal that your mom might be able to encourage Karen a bit. Since I am a common connection it just might work. She is so sweet and the only thing off putting would be the fact that her main topic of conversation is all things Disney. What am I saying??? That is not a problem at all, as long as you pick your friends very carefully. :lmao:

To enjoy Hoop de Doo or any other show you have to be able to hear the jokes and that is not my strong suit. I tend to go to live performances where I already know the material. Please tell your hubby that your delightful, near teen, daughter does not pick out things by price but just has very good taste and it is his happy lot in life to provide those things until some feller comes along who, hopefully, will be able to take over where he leaves off. :love:

The diet group often goes to buffets. I sort of like them as it is so much easier for each person to find things that are on their particular diet. Not that anyone actually does that. I saw onion rings and many other items being devoured. On our last get together we went to the world's largest grocery store in Cincinnati. It is an addiction. Many of us collect cookbooks.

I am looking forward to next weekend. I will be working at our local museum that Sunday. It will be the last day they are open for the season and I usually work that date because I can get my Christmas cards done that day as no one usually shows up. :cool1: Covering up the a/c units and other yardwork should fill up my free time as well. Looks like an early and cold winter is coming so it is best to be prepared and hope I am wrong. :rolleyes1

May all the leaves blow to your neighbors yards!!!!

Love and Hugs, Linda/SG

Wow! The Suite sure has been quiet, lately! So sorry that I haven't been around. In fact, this is the first time that I have gone on to the DIS Boards since............OCTOBER 5TH!!!!! I can't believe it! I've never been away this long! So sorry! We must keep our Suite "alive", after all of these years! :)

I just wanted to pop by to invite everyone to our gala Suite celebration of COLLEEN'S BIRTHDAY, which will take place all day long, tomorrow! We'll begin with a celebratory brunch in the morning, tour the parks all day long, and finish up with a gala reception in the Suite in the evening, dinner at Victoria and Albert's, and a special viewing of the EWP, of course! Come one! Come all! :)

Hope that all is well with all of you! Will post again soon.........as soon as I've caught up on everyone else's recent posts! Take care. :)

It will have to be one big blowout tonight as we will not only be celebrating our dear Colleen's birthday but Rutger's win over Louisville!! (fingers and eyes crossed that it may be so) :cheer2:

I am taking Colleen out for a birthday lunch next week. We are meeting halfway between our homes in a quaint little tourist town at one of my favorite restaurants. (Hey, any place that cooks the food FOR me is my favorite) :rotfl: You all will be with us in spirit and I will try to remember my camera so that we can share our visit. BTW, in case you are wondering she will be "Plenty One" today. I have been "Plenty One" for a few decades now. :rotfl2:

Tom's second eye operation was a bit more difficult than the first one but not bad. He has literally taken to his bed since the first operation. Lord help him, and me, if he should ever actually have an illness. Not sure where he will have to go. I crawled up the stairs to a quiet bedroom last night when I requested that he take some cough medicine so I could get some sleep and he said he did not need any. I needed sleep. I am feeling much better today. :thumbsup2 He has a followup visit today and then wants to go eat out. The scales say I should not though. I may just have some iced tea and watch him eat. Life is soooo unfair. :bounce:

Tomorrow I hope to finally finish up the yardwork. I got behind last weekend because a charming young man stayed with me the entire weekend I did not want to miss a minute of it. I took him to basketball practice and he had the crowd on their feet with one of his moves. He is one sneaky kid. He says he has other ideas up his sleeve and I do not doubt him one bit. Austin nearly has all the crops in now and is looking forward to winter and less work.

No news on my dd's job hunt. She is pinning her hopes on the job where her dad used to work. It is, by far, the very best place to work in this area with great benefits and the highest wages. Fingers and eyes are crossed on this one as well. :love:

Dalton and I watched "Oliver" last weekend and he said he enjoyed the movie but liked the book better. That's my boy!! :cloud9:

I never watch sports but I just saw on Regis that I can see the Rutgers game on my TV tonight. Cover your ears as I might get a bit carried away. I might even watch more than the last part, which is about the only part I ever do watch. Not a sports fan, but am a Lisa and Frank fan! :cheer2:

Colleen, have a wonderful day and I am looking forward to seeing you next week.

Hugs and Smiles, SG/Linda

:) :) :) Have a wonderful and special and MAGICAL day! Love, Your Friends in the EWP Suite :) :) :)

Hi Everyone!

Hi Linda!

So sorry to hear that Tom is having a bit of a difficult time recovering from his second eye surgery. I hope that he is feeling better and more comfortable, soon! And I wish Jackie lots of good luck with her job search! I know you had mentioned that very good company where her father used to work........I hope that it works out for her! And hope that all is well with Austin, Dalton, and the rest of your family, too!

I think it's so nice that you and Colleen will be getting together, next week! Please remember to bring your cameras - I want lots of pictures!!! :)

Wouldn't you know that I have CLASS tonight until 9:00 PM??!! So I will be missing the first half of the Rutgers game.......and the ironic thing is that the UMDNJ campus is PRACTICALLY ON TOP OF RUTGERS STADIUM - LESS THAN A MILE AWAY! So I will be practically AT the game........even though I won't be able to see it! Will race home and turn on the TV, though - hopefully I'll be able to catch most of the second half, anyway! Will look for the GoodYear blimp flying over our house, as it tends to do when there are major sporting events right across the River at Rutgers!

Hope that all is well with all of you, out there! I PROMISE to be better about posting, as best I can - busy semester - just a month and a half left to go!

Have a great day, Everyone! :)

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to wish you "Ladies Who Lunch" a wonderful time, tomorrow! Wish that I could be there! Take lots of pictures to share and I'll be thinking of you! :)

RUTGERS RULES!!!!! :) (Sorry - just had to throw that in, after my last post! :))

All is well - but not particularly eventful - here in the Garden State, this week. One piece of good news is that the professor of my class tonight (who is my favorite) sort of "unofficially" agreed to be my Fieldwork Advisor, and said that the project that I am working on for her class, now, can be expanded into my Fieldwork project........so at least I'm not totally clueless about my direction and what I'm doing, now! :)

Have a great day and take care! :)

How come I get notifications of new posts here and sometimes not???? :confused3

The Ladies Who Lunch would be much happier if the Heart and Soul of the group (Lisa) could be with us today. :sunny:

It seems that Becki had an unfortunate accident while playing volleyball so my dream of getting Colleen and Becki together to meet face to face will have to be postponed. She is lucky to have two such grownup and capable daughters to help her until she is able to do more than hobble. Sending pixie dust that the injury is not extensive and she will be back to bashing volleyballs across the net soon.

Tom's vision is 20/25 uncorrected and he might not need glasses. It is making me tempted to see what might be done for me when I have mine done. I have worn glasses since I was 17. I am not vain and would never want to take any chances with my sight as that is the one sense I would miss the most. Being blind and deaf would make my life a bit complicated. :rolleyes:

Yeah for a bit less work for you Lisa!!! From what I remember it is an honor to have someone offer to advise you. Teachers tend to pick those they think the highest of. If you ever get some of your work finished and would like to send it to me to read I enjoy that sort of thing. (hint)

I have to be back in town to pick up my older grandson after school. He is too cool for the school bus nowadays. He is spending the weekend with me and then I hope to take Dalton to the science exhibit at the Commons where they are having a Lego robot exhibit. It is the class I wanted him to take last year. He was all up for it until his dad convinced him it would not be fun. grrrrrr He made the honor roll once again. Austin did not get any "F's". grrrrrr Being a good mother, mil, and grandma is causing me to have stress because of all the pent up and unvented expressions I have. Thankfully I have the Internet to vent to, safely, or I might pull a Mt. St. Helens. :rotfl2:

Go Rutgers!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Love, Linda (who is wearing her 'Slightly Goofy" shirt and plans to wear shoes (formal occasion ya know)

Hi Everyone!

Once again, hope that you all have a wonderful lunch, today!

Hope that you are feeling much better, soon, Becki! So sorry that you hurt yourself - hope that you are not in very much pain! (I'm a former volleyball player - from high school (!!) - I can relate! :() And so sorry that you won't be able to surprise Colleen - I was looking forward to hearing about how your surprise meeting went! :( Oh well - next time! And next time.......hopefully I'll be able to join you all, too!

CONGRATULATIONS to both Austin and Dalton on a great first quarter of their school year!!!! That is very good news!!! I know that Grandma is very proud of both of their accomplishments!!! :)

Sorry that this is a quick one - just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day!!! Thinking of you all!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter