Evolution of Adventures.

Smuggs

Mouseketeer
With some new itineraries coming out, is it better to do them now or wait until they iron out the wrinkles? I anticipate that Greece will be popular and am wondering how it will evolve.

In the past, have they added to new experiences to the itineraries as the years went on, or have the taken away experiences from itineraries?

We did the Alaska trip the first year it was offered. As I recall, there was only one group before us. Looking at the itinerary now, it doesn't appear to have changed at all. Could be some small changes, I suppose, or maybe they just got it perfect the first time. :) I know there are other trips where they have changed hotels or added or dropped activities. I'm sure they are constantly tweeking the trips to make them better. ABD seems to really do their homework, and if one of the new intineraries was the most appealing to me, I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

We were the second ABD trip to China. They've changed the itinerary - definitely for the better. They've tweaked the hotels and the dining too. However, the price has gone up by about 50%. Only you can decide if the risk is worth it. I sort of wish I'd waited.

I went on the Ireland trip this year they have changed the itinerary even from what it is on the website, the cruise on Lough Leane is no longer a part of the itinerary. The itinerary is now Blarney Castle and the cruise is supposed to be to the Cliffs of Moher, if the weather cooperates. I really liked the itinerary the way it was on the trip, for me Blarney Castle was one of the highlights.

After talking with our guides in South Africa, we learned that the Tours are years in the making! Designers spend months creating the experiences and there are many walkthroughs.

While something worked once or for years, may be feedback and guest experiences encouraged change. I know after our Germany trip, the castle we stayed in was changed because of complaints (we actually loved our stay in that castle....)

With that said, I am anxiously awaiting the Greece tour, even if it is the first year I know the details have been worked on for long time.

ABD added the salt mine tour the second year of the Czech/Austrian trip. The mine was the best thing about the trip.
Alaskan trip they changed one restaurant for the better - but not a game changer.
Costa Rica has different and less expensive choice which looks as good as the original one we took.
I was glad I waited for the second year of Egypt since so many of the trips were canceled this year - obviously not Disney's fault. Which makes me wonder if Greece may have problems politically because of it's economy.
So much is timing and luck, hard to know what to do. Anyone have a crystal ball??? :o)
Karla

What is different on the Alaska trip? Is it the one at the Alyeaska on junior adventurer's night? I don't remember the name of restaurant that night, but the rest of the trip looks exactly the same to me.

ETA: I looked up the resort and we had dinner at the Aurora Bar & Grill. We ordered off a limited menu there and now they have a buffet at the Pond Cafe (which is where we had breakfast the next morning). I got sick the night we ate at Aurora and I'm pretty sure it was food posioning. I was up all night and I thought I was going to miss the Kenai cruise the next day and disappoint my child (and myself), but I made it. But when they started baking cookies on the ship, I thought I was going to lose it. I sat down on the back deck and fell asleep. Thankfully, that was near the end and I was fine up to that point and for the rest of the day.

We went on the trip in 2009, the first year it was offered. The only time we had pizza was at the Aquarium in Seward. First night at Denali we had dinner at the Denali Education Center, next day we had bag lunches at the park before the wolf tracking hike, and that evening we didn't have dinner as a group, but I remember DS and I had dinner at the lodge. I loved that trip, but the food was nothing the write home about. I think the dinner we had at Sophie Station on our arrival day (which wasn't included) and the Education Center dinner were the two best meals of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter