• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evil Queen or Snow Queen?

fairestoneofall

DIS Veteran
I'm referring to the queen from Snow White. Whenever she appears on merchandise, she is called the Evil Queen. Yet, I see her referred to here sometime as the Snow Queen. And then, Joanna's character site and the new character site both refer to her as Snow Queen.

Does she sign Snow Queen? And if so, why? Because I have several things I've purchased at WDW or the Disney Store with her on them and she is called the Evil Queen.

Just confused. Thanks for any clarification.

I'm referring to the queen from Snow White. Whenever she appears on merchandise, she is called the Evil Queen. Yet, I see her referred to here sometime as the Snow Queen. And then, Joanna's character site and the new character site both refer to her as Snow Queen.

Does she sign Snow Queen? And if so, why? Because I have several things I've purchased at WDW or the Disney Store with her on them and she is called the Evil Queen.

Just confused. Thanks for any clarification.

When she signs, she signs "The Queen" if this muddies the water any!

When she signs, she signs "The Queen" if this muddies the water any!

Thank you! What I wouldn't give to have her signature! :lovestruc

I'm sticking with Evil Queen then. :thumbsup2

I've just not figured out where the name Snow Queen came from (I mean, I get that she's from Snow White, but I had never heard her referred to as Snow Queen until I joined here).

She is the Evil Queen.

The Snow Queen is a totally separate Queen that isn't even related to a Disney Character (correct me if Im wrong).

The Snow Queen is in a fairy tale that was written by Hans Christian Andersen.

As an avid doll collector, with series from Disney and the Fairy Tales, I have never seen a "Snow Queen" that wasn't dressed in a totally white gown (or at least pale colors). The Evil Queen never wore white.

I think people just get it confused because of the name Snow White.

I don't really like it when she is referred to as "Snow Queen". It makes me think of some grand queen of a winter wonderland, not Snow White's evil stepmother. In fact, "The Snow Queen" is a fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Queen

ETA: I see the PP beat me to it! Sorry, the boards are running really slow for me right now!

Thank you both! :)

It drives me nuts to see her referred to as the Snow Queen. But I didn't know if there was somewhere she was referred to as such (and would be why some people call her that).

I have never seen the Evil Queen referred to as "Snow Queen". Evil (or Wicked) stepmother, maybe, but never Snow Queen.

She's my FAVORITE no matter what you want to call her...

Whenever I'm in the parks, I always make sure to ask the CMs if she'll be making appearances on that particular day, and I've even heard them refer to her as the "Snow Queen"...

Personally, I call her the "Evil Queen"...

Something tells me you don't want to call her the "evil queen" if you meet her in person. You might not get that signiture. I think "Snow Queen" is the polite way of addressing her in person.

narnia = white witch (who proclaims herself to be queen, but of narnia, not snow).

the real problem if you ask me is that disney has referred to her as both evil queen and wicked queen.

i just refer to her as 'your highness' when I see her.. same with the queen of hearts and the like

I got a PM about this, since I'm the guy running the new character finder.

I had always, always refered to her simply as "the Queen" or the "Queen from Snow White", or possibly "the Evil Queen."

I then discovered, among the Disney web culture that uses abbreviations such as Pop, Poly, ToT, DDP, SM, and BTMRR (90% of you didn't bat an eye at any of those, did you?) also includes referencing this character as the "Snow Queen" and the prince from the same move (who is ONLY called "Prince" in the film) as the "Snow Prince".

I'm not sure how or when this got started. I am pretty sure that the point is to distinguish these characters as belonging to the Snow White film (since many of the earlier Disney films included queens and princes).

I'm not at all crazy about the naming convention. I simply adopted it since it seemed to be the standard. I'm not married to it!

Everything I have purchased from Disney calls her Evil Queen. I have two tees, a pin, a mug and some other things. I've never seen any merchandise call her Snow Queen. Now, I could see calling her the Wicked Queen. I've heard her referred to as that.

I wouldn't think she'd like being called Snow Queen. I would think that would be confusing her with Snow White. I think, if ever given the chance to meet her, I'd call her Your Majesty.

And she is my favorite of all villains, and I dare say my favorite character. Love her.

I would never consider calling her "Snow Queen" to her face. This si certainly NOT an official moniker - simply a naming convention that the Disney fanbase has adpoted to help distunguish her on the list of characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter