Evil Clowns? Mickey Mouse? Divas? And turning 40!? Be afraid, be very afraid!

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
music_note_sixteen_jpg.jpg
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go,
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
Waiting for an invitation to arrive,
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive.
It's a dead man's party
Who could ask for more
Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door
Leave your body and soul at the door . . .

Hello everyone out there in trip report land. :wave:
According to the ticker in my signature, I am now exactly one month away from my birthday/Halloween trip so I thought it might be fun to get started on a pre-trip report.

I am really looking forward to this trip. Anyone who knows me even a little bit, knows I love Halloween. It's my favorite time of the year. Which makes Fall my favorite season, and October my favorite month. In addition to Halloween, my birthday is also in October.
Now, as I've gotten older, birthdays have become less and less of a big deal to me. This year? I'm turning............(gasp)... 40. Yep, the big Four-Oh.

I haven't decided if this is going to be an issue for me yet or not. Is 40 when people are supposed to have some sort of mid-life, self-reflective, life changing epiphany? Or is that when you turn 50? I can never remember. See, the memory is already starting to go....
In any case, I thought what better way to celebrate such a milestone event in my life than with a trip to Disneyland! Can't worry about anything too deep when your screaming your lungs out on Splash Mountain or Tower of Terror, right?

So off to Disney it is. Well, not right this minute, but soon. In the meantime, I hope you will join me in celebrating the best holiday ever. Oh yeah, and the fact that I'm getting old.
Get comfy, grab some pizza and beer. (yes, I realize it's only 9 a.m., but haven't you heard; it's 5 o'clock somewhere.)
pizzas-891.jpg
pouring_beer-902.jpg

Help yourself to a sweet treat, and welcome aboard! :)
dessert_platter-2249-1.jpg

LINKS:
And you are....?? Introducing who's going on this trip.
Where are we going and what the heck are we doing?? Day one plans.
Who's ready to party with Mickey?! Day two plans.
Park time!! Day three plans.
Now it's time to say good bye. Day four plans.

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

Okay, time for introductions. First up...ME! :teeth:

My name is Beth. I am a SAHM to four wonderful kids, Adam, Noelle, Lindsey and Hannah, and married to my high school sweetheart, Ruben.
I've been on the DIS since 2005, and as you can see from my post count, I talk way too much.
I'm also lucky enough to be part of a group nicknamed the "DIS Divas". Back in 2008, myself and a bunch of other DIS ladies got together to take a trip to Disneyland. Total strangers who met on the internet, deciding to take a vacation together. Pretty much everything you warn your kids not to do.
It was a blast and has since become an annual event. For the next Diva trip, which is in February 2012, we already have over 60 ladies signed up to go. The trip is open to all females age 18 and up, so if you are interested, take a peek:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2754704 It's really a lot of fun, and the Divas are a great group of ladies.

Anyway, here I am enjoying a fruity drink at Trader Sam's this past summer. Apparently I felt this was a fancy drink, because I appear to have my pinky finger raised.
268256_10150232650894011_768979010_7382105_4381958_n.jpg

For this trip, I will be leaving my loving family behind. (Aaaahhhh! Mommy guilt!) The kids are growing up, and missing school is more of a challenge, so my husband has agreed to take off work and be home with them while I go play. Why yes, I do think he's wonderful. I will miss them all, but we have a family trip planned for July 2012 so they have that to look forward to.
Even though they won't be with me this time, here is a photo of the loves of my life:
268573_10150232650734011_768979010_7382101_4339452_n-1.jpg
229033_10150180756354011_768979010_6979352_4643155_n-1.jpg

Although my family won't be there, a girl can't celebrate her birthday alone, so alone I shall not be! I've got wonderful friends who have agreed to join me for some Halloween fun that weekend. It's been far too long since I've seen some of them because we all met through the DIS Diva trips, and live in different parts of the U.S. and Canada. It's going to be great to see them again!

Without further ado, introducing, my friends, partners in crime, and fellow Divas:

Theresa/Queenbillabong
189900_10150101040686840_521041839_6831174_7349920_n.jpg

Cheryl/toocherie
167972_694421162567_30608719_37835992_4786568_n.jpg

Jill/4Fosterkids
302832_10150435679723508_675548507_10651186_413597432_n.jpg

Katie/MamaKate
198924_10150109071334221_550844220_6447664_262060_n.jpg

Jane/cheshiregirl
25168_1231681432247_1235466418_30546458_3895099_n.jpg

Linda/lulubelle
270680_789279854987_30608719_38806264_6209339_n.jpg

Mary Jo/Mary Jo
268355_2038620616369_1569881927_32010379_7927671_n.jpg

Chris/califgirl
27054_1236855285240_1344975775_30615190_2831565_n.jpg

Vicki/CoMickey
228746_10150187139662775_655292774_7206383_3465950_n.jpg

Rochelle/eatmypixiedust
267933_10150309244101639_746751638_9077797_4447911_n.jpg

Capri/disney-super-mom
197388_10150193296373508_675548507_8632984_4563454_n.jpg

Carol/karylrocks
Solarium.jpg

Cathy/goofycathy
184182_10150736550985381_737840380_19957772_4332862_n-1.jpg

Jen/grizbuzz
oooo.png

Hmmm, hopefully I didn't leave anyone out. :rolleyes1 But there ya have it, the cast of characters for this adventure.
Up next..... what the heck are we doing and where are we going?

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm here too. I could always use some good reading so get writing
4.gif
!

I'm really excited for this trip and I NEEEEDDDD some adult only time.

Y'all are gonna have SO. MUCH. FUN! Wish I could be there too! *sigh* LOL

Dang - late to the partay again....... but I made it. WOOGIO :cheer2:

Time for girlie chat and Margarita's, yes???

cuervo-margarita-300.jpg

...... and where are we going and what the heck are we doing?????

Woo Hoo.......a PTR from Beth!!! :cool1: I keep trying to figure out how to escape for that weekend (maybe that money will come in & I can crash the party!!!).....don't hold your breath....but it sure sounds like it would be a blast!!!

Hi Beth! Can't wait to read more and I am looking so forward to the weekend we're going to have a great time celebrating your favorite holiday and your birthday!!!:cake:party::drinking1:maleficen

I'm here! But only to read along while wishing I could join you on your trip.

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!! (I had to make mine as long as yours. lol)

I'm here too. I could always use some good reading so get writing
4.gif
!

I'm really excited for this trip and I NEEEEDDDD some adult only time.
I'm excited, too!! Especially since you brought the whip out. Nice. :thumbsup2

Y'all are gonna have SO. MUCH. FUN! Wish I could be there too! *sigh* LOL
Aw, Lisa. I wish you could be there, too. Come on, join us! Ditch work and real life for a bit. :cool1:

...... and where are we going and what the heck are we doing?????
Oooh, look who's so eager to see the evil clowns and zombies. :rolleyes1

I am ready NOW. Let's just pretend it's October and hop in the car.:moped:
That's what I'm saying! I'm ready now, plans are made, everyone is healthy. Quick, let's go before something goes wrong! LOL

Woo Hoo.......a PTR from Beth!!! :cool1:
Yep, it's been awhile since I did one, so I had to jump back into the land of the trip reports.

I'm here too!!!
Hey Kandace! :yay:

Hi Beth! Can't wait to read more and I am looking so forward to the weekend we're going to have a great time celebrating your favorite holiday and your birthday!!!:cake:party::drinking1:maleficen
Aw, I am sooo excited to see you, and everyone else again. That alone is going to make this trip awesome! :goodvibes

I'm here! But only to read along while wishing I could join you on your trip.
I wish you could, too! But hey, I'm happy to be seeing you next week! :cool1:

I'm here too!!
7.gif

Yep - stole your emoticon!
:thumbsup2 Hi Bridget!

Subscribing!!
Welcome aboard!

I'm here! yay!! :thumbsup2
Cathy! :) I can't wait to meet up with you!!

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween.
This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.
This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween.

Time to get down to the good stuff.....our plans!!
I'm just so happy to be going back to Disney, to see good friends, and to see Halloween decorations, that I've been pretty much "go with the flow" for this trip. But thanks to everyone helping to make reservations, and tossing out ideas, I think we have a great long weekend to look forward to!

Thursday, October 20, 2011:
This day will start bright and early with Jane/cheshiregirl, who also lives in Las Vegas, picking me up and the two of us hitting the road towards Anaheim. While I love going to Disney, I hate the drive there. It's long, boring, and I am a very nervous passenger, so this should be fun! Jane, you know I am a nervous passenger, be gentle with me!! ;)

Once we arrive at Disneyland, we'll be meeting up with Theresa in the Grand Californian Hotel! I'll be spending the first night with Theresa and Jane, and it will be my first time ever staying at the Grand. :yay: I am very excited to check it out. Thanks for letting me bunk with you the first night ladies! :)

The plans for our first evening couldn't be more to my liking. Theresa, Jane, Mary Jo, Katie, and myself are going to the Knott's Halloween Haunt!!! :woohoo:

(Click here for more info: http://haunt.knotts.com/ )

I used to go to Knott's Scary Farm when I was a teen growing up in California. My boyfriend, now my husband, and I used to go every year. Unfortunately, it's been about 15-20 years since I've last been. Way too long, and I am ready to go back and get my scare on! :scared1:

We are going to start the night off with the "Pre-Scare Boo-fet Beastly Feast". We'll need to get our grub on so we'll have the energy to run from the monsters all night. I've never done the buffet before, but after calling Knott's, I learned that it is held inside the park, in the Ghost Town area. The best part? They serve Mrs. Knott's famous fried chicken! I've also never tried that before, but if it's as good as I've heard, we are in for a real treat. Also served is hand carved Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus, peel and eat shrimp cocktail, a variety of salads and side dishes, and Knott's famous home-baked sweets. Yum.
After dinner, we are supposed to be able to get into the park early, before the official opening time. Bonus, extra scare time!

While I love everything about the Knott's Haunt, the scary mazes, the creepy rides, the lights, the fog, the music, the zombies, the evil clowns, etc, not everyone going that night is thrilled with all this horror and gore. (Don't worry, Theresa, I won't name names) Sooooo, it should be an interesting and fun time, and I'm glad to be experiencing it with good friends.

Up next......Day two plans.

While I love everything about the Knott's Haunt, the scary mazes, the creepy rides, the lights, the fog, the music, the zombies, the evil clowns, etc, not everyone going that night is thrilled with all this horror and gore. (Don't worry, Theresa, I won't name names) Sooooo, it should be an interesting and fun time, and I'm glad to be experiencing it with good friends.

Oh hey, thanks for your discretion in keeping my wussy status between us :thumbsup2 I didn't tell you what my plans for your sleeping arrangements for that first night are yet, did I??? Hmmm............... :scratchin

I'm Here! As I will be There!
Can't wait to celebrate your big birthday with you Beth. :banana:

Oh, Theresa, may I please have a fruity rum drink? Thanks ;)
This is gonna be one fun trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter