Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

So for Christmas week, the MK parade runs twice every day? Anyone know what time the MK holiday fireworks show runs? I thought I had read pretty early- but do they only have that once per night also? And anyone know what time the lights come on for Osbourne lights?

Sorry for so many questions, but this really helps with evening plans :santa:

We are going for our first family trip to Disney at Christmas. I went when I was 12 but it was the week prior to the holiday. I am worried about the crowds, although since we go so often, we don't mind skipping anything with lines that are too long. Does Christmas day tend to be extremely busy compared to the other days that week? I am considering our adr's and wondering if it best to make it a non park day or to get where we are going early and stay the day. Suggestions?

So for Christmas week, the MK parade runs twice every day? Anyone know what time the MK holiday fireworks show runs? I thought I had read pretty early- but do they only have that once per night also? And anyone know what time the lights come on for Osbourne lights?

Sorry for so many questions, but this really helps with evening plans :santa:

Right now, Holiday Wishes is scheduled for 10:00 every night Christmas week; it only airs once a night. When I went in 2007, the times guide just said dusk for the time that the Osborne lights come on, but I think that means about 6:00.

We are going for our first family trip to Disney at Christmas. I went when I was 12 but it was the week prior to the holiday. I am worried about the crowds, although since we go so often, we don't mind skipping anything with lines that are too long. Does Christmas day tend to be extremely busy compared to the other days that week? I am considering our adr's and wondering if it best to make it a non park day or to get where we are going early and stay the day. Suggestions?

Christmas day is definitely going to be extremely busy; MK will most likely close due to capacity, although it could reopen later in the day. Josh at easywdw.com recommend AK or DHS for that day, but I think I'd make that a non-park day and check out the decorations at the deluxe resorts and eat dinner at one of them.

I have a few questions. I've never been around the holidays, and this year I am going the week before Christmas (12/15 to 12/22).

What is the cost for the CP package? When can I book that? Do I just call the Disney Dining line to do it? Which restaurants are a part of this, is it all of the Epcot WS ones?

Are the dates for the Christmas Party out yet? How do I book that? And what exactly IS it?

Which DVC resorts do the best holiday decorations? We're still deciding where we want to stay and I'm really excited to see all the holiday decor.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks so much to anyone who can help! I want to make sure I don't miss out on any great holiday things while I am there!

I have a few questions. I've never been around the holidays, and this year I am going the week before Christmas (12/15 to 12/22).

What is the cost for the CP package? When can I book that? Do I just call the Disney Dining line to do it? Which restaurants are a part of this, is it all of the Epcot WS ones?

Are the dates for the Christmas Party out yet? How do I book that? And what exactly IS it?

Which DVC resorts do the best holiday decorations? We're still deciding where we want to stay and I'm really excited to see all the holiday decor.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks so much to anyone who can help! I want to make sure I don't miss out on any great holiday things while I am there!

The information for this year's CP packages isn't out yet. You can read the information from last year here:

http://www.easywdw.com/category/worth-2/candlelight/

Check here for information about the MVMCP:

http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/is-2010-mickey%e2%80%99s-very-merry-christmas-party-mvmcp-worth-the-cost/

Don't limit yourself to just the DVC resorts. All of the deluxes do something special and jaw dropping. Also, (I've never seen it myself but might try this year) I hear that the campers at the campground really do an excellent job of decorating their areas. I have stayed and will again this yr, at the Port Orleans Riverside and they do a great job of decorating their resort as well.

Never be sorry for asking questions. That's what the board is here for. Trust me. When I was planning our Dec. vacation in 2010, I asked more questions than the Riddler.

The reason I asked about DVC resorts is that we usually rent DVC rooms. I have a few searches in the works now so just kind of thinking about what my first choice might be.

I definitely think we will be trying out MVMCP. I really love Christmas and this seems like a perfect way to really get into the Christmas spirit!

Any idea when the Candlelight Processional dinner packages might go on sale? I assume that when they do go on sale, the schedule of narrators for 2012 will be released too?

Also, I read the link posted but I'm still a little unclear about the cost. Do you pay the price listed and that gets you a meal at the restaurant you've chosen, plus a seat at the show? If so, what is included with the lunch/dinner?

Thanks for all the help!

I think the schedule of narrators should be released before the packages go on sale, which I think was late July last year. The thing to keep in mind though is that some dates might not have a narrator set up until well after packages go on sale, and sometimes narrators' dates change. I was rather bummed one year when I booked a package for a date that Neil Patrick Harris was supposed to do, but then his dates got pushed back a couple weeks.

Yep, the price is for the meal and a seat at the show, as well as a reserved viewing area for IllumiNations. You get an appetizer, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage, or one full buffet.

This will be the first MMVCP for me I am going to be there the 23rd of November through the 2nd of Dec.. Is this a good time to go, will i get to see everything?. I am have been there march/April July and Sept/Oct. what is the weather like around the end of Nov??, is there much rain?

I think the schedule of narrators should be released before the packages go on sale, which I think was late July last year. The thing to keep in mind though is that some dates might not have a narrator set up until well after packages go on sale, and sometimes narrators' dates change. I was rather bummed one year when I booked a package for a date that Neil Patrick Harris was supposed to do, but then his dates got pushed back a couple weeks.

Yep, the price is for the meal and a seat at the show, as well as a reserved viewing area for IllumiNations. You get an appetizer, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage, or one full buffet.

Thank you! All very helpful. :thumbsup2

This may seem rather silly, but will it "snow" on main street after MVMCP days are over? This is one of the things I am looking forward too, but arrive after the MVMCP dates.

Any idea when the Candlelight Processional dinner packages might go on sale? I assume that when they do go on sale, the schedule of narrators for 2012 will be released too?

Also, I read the link posted but I'm still a little unclear about the cost. Do you pay the price listed and that gets you a meal at the restaurant you've chosen, plus a seat at the show? If so, what is included with the lunch/dinner?

If I remember correctly the packages became available mid to late July last year. Most of the gosts were announced but there were still a few TBD dates. And I believe changes can and typically do happen with that host list up until show time... We used our dining credit with the free dining to cover our CP package. If you don't do it that way...there is a charge like a buffet I believe...and it includes an appetiser, main course, desert and drinks (non alcolholic).

Don't limit yourself to just the DVC resorts. All of the deluxes do something special and jaw dropping. Also, (I've never seen it myself but might try this year) I hear that the campers at the campground really do an excellent job of decorating their areas. I have stayed and will again this yr, at the Port Orleans Riverside and they do a great job of decorating their resort as well.

Never be sorry for asking questions. That's what the board is here for. Trust me. When I was planning our Dec. vacation in 2010, I asked more questions than the Riddler.

I've seen a few comments about the campsites that are decorated for the Holidays. Is this something that you drive thru or walk thru? The pics I have seen are very cute and I think my little ones would like it.

Packages go on sale as soon as the dates are announced. Narrators are announced over several months and could change at any time. CP is free; you are only paying for the dinner and the privilege of not waiting in line as long as those who do not purchase the "package."

Actually you are paying for the privilege of standing in the long lines and being guaranteed a seat if the show is very popular, and it usually is.

If you are able to stand you can stand behind the seating area and see quite well. If all you want to do is listen you can sit over at the American CS.

BTW, folks start queuing up hours in advance. The line winds back and forth at the staging area to the right of the stage. Before that I sometimes saw the line go back as far as Germany for some shows.:eek:

I have thought it would be a great idea if they had screens at either side of WS and even possibly at FW where folks could see the show from there also, sort of like the talent show at MGM.

Slightly Goofy

Packages go on sale as soon as the dates are announced.

As far as I know, the dates are the same every year - the day after Thanksgiving (which this year is November 23) until December 30.

BTW, folks start queuing up hours in advance. The line winds back and forth at the staging area to the right of the stage. Before that I sometimes saw the line go back as far as Germany for some shows.:eek:

I would assume it's only the people who didn't get the CP dining package who line up hours in advance, because you have to get your ticket for the reserved seating area at your restaurant, and your ADR is scheduled for about 2-3 hours before the show.

siskaren, I had assumed that as well when we did the package way back when. At that time they had two lines, one for people with dining package tickets and one for stand by and they let the first group in first and then if there were any seats left over they could go in.

I think folks line up to get the front seats and if you have a ticket you could sit somewhere and wait until they drop the rope and then get in after the line gets seated.

If the show is not popular, which has not happened lately when we are there (CP as well as the spring and fall music acts) you can sit somewhere and then walk in if there are empty seats and unless you are unfortunate enough to get a seat behind a tree the view is better from the back, for CP, anyway.

I think a lot of it is timing and when you are there and who is performing as I have seen others have other experiences sometimes. I am older and on a walker so it is a bit different for me.

Good luck and have fun and go with the flow and do not let small imperfections ruin your trip. There will be other magical moments that will make up for them.:)

Slightly Goofy

Is the CP Dining Package only one credit on the DDP?

Also, when does everyone anticipate the free dining offer for December going public?

TIA :goodvibes

I would assume it's only the people who didn't get the CP dining package who line up hours in advance, because you have to get your ticket for the reserved seating area at your restaurant, and your ADR is scheduled for about 2-3 hours before the show.

We assumed that too, but by the time we got out of our dinner and into the package-holder line, the end was already on the far side of Japan. I don't know if people just eat early and fast or send someone to wait in line or what. But anyone who thinks that buying the package will guarantee them a good seat without waiting at least an hour in line is in for a big surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter