Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

The "parade" may not be what you expect. They do one float at a time, with production crews, etc. filming each one. It is not a parade where you see it in half an hour and you're done. In addition, it really mucks up Main Street traffic. I avoided the Magic Kingdom the days (yes, two actually) they were doing the filming. It is a much more fun parade to watch when the filming is not taking place.

So is the parade going to be taped on the 4, 5, 6 (Friday Sat Sun) or just two of these days, do you think? I want to avoid the Mk like the plague those days.

:santa:It is well publicized and you will know when to avoid the mess of the Christmas parade filming days. If in doubt, ask a CM. I believe I found the dates on allears.net.

This is a great thread, Thanks for all the tips!

We are going Dec 16-13 this year. I want to do Christmas cards while we are there, if possible. I would like to get our picture taken for the cards. Do any of you know if there is anywhere at WDW that prints Christmas cards? If so, can I mail them from the resort? Do you know if they sell stamps?
Thanks!

We are going Dec 16-13 this year. I want to do Christmas cards while we are there, if possible. I would like to get our picture taken for the cards. Do any of you know if there is anywhere at WDW that prints Christmas cards? If so, can I mail them from the resort? Do you know if they sell stamps?
Thanks!

I don't know how much of an option this is for you, but if you upload your pictures to snapfish, you can get cards printed in an hour at participating Walgreens

Here's a tip that I hadn't thought about until now. Disney always has a fabulous Santa to meet kids to listen to what they want for Christmas, et cetera. He signs autographs too.

Seriously though, they always have a great Santa and it's provided me some of the best Christmas photos of my DS's life. I took photos and there was a photopass photog there too.

Last year he was by City Hall at the MK, he used to also be Downtown, but I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

:santa: Holy cow I can't wait for Christmas time @ Disney!

Thanks!

Yes, they sell stamps. Good idea from the PP that suggested getting them printed somewhere else. I'm sure it will be alot cheaper than doing it onsite.

Thanks for the info! I'm staying on site and we won't have a car! I was hoping to send "Merry Christmas from Disney World" cards. I'm not sure if that's going to work. I might just need to mail them late this year. I used Walgreens last year. They was great and fast!

We'll be there Thanksgiving week, and I always send out my cards the weekend afterwards. I would love my Christmas cards to be postmarked from Disneyworld :D I'm going to see what I can figure out.

I went last year for the first time in Dec & completely forgot about checking out the resorts for decorations. I'll be there Nov. 14th through the 21st.

Will the Gingerbread house at GF be up for viewing by then? I just found out about a gingerbread Carasol at Beach Club? Don't want to miss out.

I've got my event tix for the 19th, went last year & had a GREAT time.

The weather was beautiful in Dec. (2nd week) in fact I wore a turtleneck under my Christmas shirt the night of MVMCP thinking it would get colder in the evening & was more than comfortable coming from a person who is usually freezing all the time.

Thanks

Subbing as we just changed our dates to 11/28-12/5 due to an unexpected major home repair. Any thoughts/experience on the week after Thanksgiving would really be appreciated. I checked the UOG touring plans site to choose this week....hoping we aren't getting ourselves into trouble with crowds!!!

I went last year for the first time in Dec & completely forgot about checking out the resorts for decorations. I'll be there Nov. 14th through the 21st.

Will the Gingerbread house at GF be up for viewing by then? I just found out about a gingerbread Carasol at Beach Club? Don't want to miss out.

I've got my event tix for the 19th, went last year & had a GREAT time.

The weather was beautiful in Dec. (2nd week) in fact I wore a turtleneck under my Christmas shirt the night of MVMCP thinking it would get colder in the evening & was more than comfortable coming from a person who is usually freezing all the time.

Thanks
Last year the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa opened on Monday November 17. Typically Disney will start putting up or getting Christmas Decorations ready so that they are all ready and up to go for after Thanksgiving. I think that you will see some of the decorations possibly (most likely the ones that take a while to build etc) during your trip, but no guarantees.

Subbing as we just changed our dates to 11/28-12/5 due to an unexpected major home repair. Any thoughts/experience on the week after Thanksgiving would really be appreciated. I checked the UOG touring plans site to choose this week....hoping we aren't getting ourselves into trouble with crowds!!!
I've been to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and it was a nice time. The weather was excellent, and the crowds were not at all noticeable. In my opinion, it wasn't really 'value' season crowds, but it was boarding the line between value and regular season. I'm not sure if that makes sense :)

We'll be there Thanksgiving week, and I always send out my cards the weekend afterwards. I would love my Christmas cards to be postmarked from Disneyworld :D I'm going to see what I can figure out.

Thanks, Please let me know what you find out, and I'll keep looking too!

Thanks again!

Last year the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa opened on Monday November 17. Typically Disney will start putting up or getting Christmas Decorations ready so that they are all ready and up to go for after Thanksgiving. I think that you will see some of the decorations possibly (most likely the ones that take a while to build etc) during your trip, but no guarantees.

Thank you, hope to catch it this year

As long as you have computer access you can easily send Holiday Cards with a Disney Photo at cardstore.com.
The good part is that you type in all the addresses ahead of time or import them from an address list. You can pick a card they have designed or design your own. They won't have a Disney postmark but it's probably the option that will take the least amount of your precious Disney time.

Thanks for the online idea HappyNowRetired. I'm not sure if I'll have a laptop by then. Hopefully I will! Thanks!

I was thinking of doing the cards at night when my DS15 makes his nightly visit to the arcade. :rolleyes:

Hi All! We may need to cancel our upcoming trip and postpone it until later this year. So of course I want to go at Christmas time to see all the cool Christmas things! When would be the least busy time with crowds to go to MVMCP and be able to see the Osbourne lights too! TIA!

Hi All! We may need to cancel our upcoming trip and postpone it until later this year. So of course I want to go at Christmas time to see all the cool Christmas things! When would be the least busy time with crowds to go to MVMCP and be able to see the Osbourne lights too! TIA!

Oh, I'm sorry if you have to cancel. From what I've read, to see all the stuff, and avoid crowds, the week after Thanksgiving is pretty good, plus the first part of Dec. up until the 15th or so. Not sure when the Osborne lights officially start, but maybe before Thanksgiving wouldn't be so crowded either. (like a whole week prior). I think to safely see all the decorations, I'd wait until after Thanksgiving. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter