Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have all this sorted.
I have booked my holiday. I need to check with my travel agent nearer the time for the details I need to set up a MDE account online
At which point I can book my ADRS (180+10) and FP+ (60 days out)
And book Magic Band colours a month out (and collect them at the desk at the Poly, where we are staying)
Have I got that sorted?

THEN I wondered, do they make a magic band slider that is a watch?

-- Peeling question--
I received my yellow MB (WOO HOO!). I've heard that the bands have a tendency to peel off. Would anyone recommend using a drop of crazy glue at both ends to keep it fixed?
All input welcome.

I've never heard or seen them peeling at all.

Has anyone else had issues with the magic bands not arriving timely? My magic bands shipped early last week and have been sitting in PA since Saturday 8/20. The estimated delivery on MDE was 8/22-8/24. I contacted usps and they told me that because WDW shipped them parcel post that until the truck was full they will not move from their current location. I'm concerned how much longer it will take to fill the truck in PA, then they will probably have a few more stops between PA and ME. If it takes a week at each stop, will I get them before my trip? Every previous trip I had them within a few days of WDW shipping them, I'm really concerned.

How long before you leave? if it's 2 weeks away , call disney and let them know what's going on. they can send another set to the resort for you to pickup but let them know your findings and ask what you should do or what will happen if they don't come in time.

I have booked my holiday. I need to check with my travel agent nearer the time for the details I need to set up a MDE account online. And book Magic Band colours a month out (and collect them at the desk at the Poly, where we are staying)

If your booked and you have a confirmation number, get your MDE setup now. There is no reason to wait. You can customize your bands now if you want, they just won't ship until 1 month from your arrival date and you can alter the customization anytime up until they ship.

THEN I wondered, do they make a magic band slider that is a watch?

Yes but it's not worth getting. The spot where a watch would normally be is where your going to be tapping the band against terminals, ticket entrance, fastpass. The watch face can't cover that so it's an annoying slider that you need to keep on the side of the magicband and to me is really annoying. Below you'll see the picture of the watch faces and if you pay attention, it's the side of the magicband they are located and not the top of it where you expect a watch to be. (click the image to make it larger)

NPM758961-613x473.jpg

f your booked and you have a confirmation number, get your MDE setup now. There is no reason to wait. You can customize your bands now if you want, they just won't ship until 1 month from your arrival date and you can alter the customization anytime up until they ship.

Thanks for this. I will get on to that straight away then! We are in the UK, so, I am thinking we will have to pick up the bands on arrival tho.

Thanks re the watch thing too. I thought it would save wearing two bands...Maybe not

Thanks for this. I will get on to that straight away then! We are in the UK, so, I am thinking we will have to pick up the bands on arrival tho.

Thanks re the watch thing too. I thought it would save wearing two bands...Maybe not

Ok as an international travel you should be picking them up at the resort but there is still a time limit as they ship them to the resort and the same thing applies, you just won't get them at home.

I searched the FAQ but didn't see the answer to my question:
Q: We are staying on property one night, then moving to a house for a week and then heading back on property for 3 more days to finish our vacation. I am getting magic bands with the reservation for our one night when we first get there. Can I purchase our tickets and load them on the magic band and use them for the remainder of the trip? When we check in on property the second time, can they just use the same magic band?

I searched the FAQ but didn't see the answer to my question:
Q: We are staying on property one night, then moving to a house for a week and then heading back on property for 3 more days to finish our vacation. I am getting magic bands with the reservation for our one night when we first get there. Can I purchase our tickets and load them on the magic band and use them for the remainder of the trip? When we check in on property the second time, can they just use the same magic band?

Nothing is "on" a Magic Band - a Magic Band is just a means to access what's in your MDE account. Once you link your tickets to your MDE account, you'll be able to access your tickets using your Magic Band for your entire trip. You can use one Magic Band for the entire trip.

Couple of things:
Last time I was there and picked up a couple of the F&G bands. They asked if I wanted to link them and being in a hurry I said not now. Will they show up under my account or can I link one to my DIL?
Next, I booked a 1 night, 4 day ticket package. I have already received my MBs and am ready to go. I have been actively searching for an additional day as I decided to stay an extra night. Just now I was able to pick up an additional night. When checking out it gave me the option of declining the MBs, which I did because I already have them. I'm assuming everything will show up on the original one, correct? Do I need to to relink the originals?
Thanks!

question about magicbands. if its on here I missed it. We will be coming in september to DW. we are not staying in any of the DW properities. we already have the magicbands. I was given several disney gift cards for our trip. Can these giftcards be put on the magicbands or must I carry the disney gift cards into the park. ? and either way. are they good anywhere in the park to purchase food, gifts etc?

question about magicbands. if its on here I missed it. We will be coming in september to DW. we are not staying in any of the DW properities. we already have the magicbands. I was given several disney gift cards for our trip. Can these giftcards be put on the magicbands or must I carry the disney gift cards into the park. ? and either way. are they good anywhere in the park to purchase food, gifts etc?

Magic Bands can only be used for purchasing if you're staying on property.

As mentioned no. But to help you out a little, disney has a website that will let you transfer the amount between gift cards so you can have less of them to carry and keep track of. https://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/Transfer

Couple of things:
Last time I was there and picked up a couple of the F&G bands. They asked if I wanted to link them and being in a hurry I said not now. Will they show up under my account or can I link one to my DIL?

I'm surprised they allowed that normally on that type of band you have to link it right away. If they set it up link it later, then you just add it to mde and type in the code on the band when it asks. Just go into the cards and bands section of mde.. If they didn't set it up link it later then cross your fingers that someone can fix that when you are on property next because they won't work until someone adds it into the system and they need the band in their hand to do it..

Next, I booked a 1 night, 4 day ticket package. I have already received my MBs and am ready to go. I have been actively searching for an additional day as I decided to stay an extra night. Just now I was able to pick up an additional night. When checking out it gave me the option of declining the MBs, which I did because I already have them. I'm assuming everything will show up on the original one, correct? Do I need to to relink the originals?

All bands work at all times for everything in your mde. the bands are just an id that disney can use to quickly look you up in mde..

Does anyone know if the On-Demand bride/groom magicbands are available at the Tomorrowland D-Tech station? Every article I come across is worded ambiguously where it sounds like it's only available at the Disney Springs one. We're Disneymooning in 3 weeks so I'm hoping we can find these on our first day. Thanks for any help you can give me! :-)

I've read through the entire FAQ and all the pages in this thread, but I didn't see my question; there was a lot to read, so apologies if I missed it!

I have several family members joining us on our trip for their first visits. They are on different tickets/in different resorts than us. I wanted to buy them each a "special" character magic band from the Shop Disney Parks app to gift to them before our trip. Will the bands automatically arrive as "link it later" or will they be connected to my account since it's linked to the app? I want to use the Shop Disney Park app because I have an AP and I wanted to use my AP discount to buy the bands. But it's worthless if they show up all linked to my MDE account, since bands are non-transferable. Does anyone have experience buying magic bands as gifts through the app?

I have several family members joining us on our trip for their first visits. They are on different tickets/in different resorts than us. I wanted to buy them each a "special" character magic band from the Shop Disney Parks app to gift to them before our trip. Will the bands automatically arrive as "link it later" or will they be connected to my account since it's linked to the app?

I would assume it's link it later. Should be easy to tell, just start to buy them and if it starts to ask you to assign each band to a person then stop. If it doesn't, it works just like any non-property band purchase where it's link it later.. Since it's not customized, I doubt it would come any way but link it later.

I would assume it's link it later. Should be easy to tell, just start to buy them and if it starts to ask you to assign each band to a person then stop. If it doesn't, it works just like any non-property band purchase where it's link it later.. Since it's not customized, I doubt it would come any way but link it later.

Thanks! It's a little nerve-wracking not knowing for sure. $22.99 per band adds up quickly! I will see what happens though.

Thanks! It's a little nerve-wracking not knowing for sure. $22.99 per band adds up quickly! I will see what happens though.

My experience with everything disney, tickets, resorts, magicbands if they want it assigned to someone they ask you right away before you pay. When they don't then you assign it later. I would be comfortable if they didn't ask who the bands are for that it's link it later.

My experience with everything disney, tickets, resorts, magicbands if they want it assigned to someone they ask you right away before you pay. When they don't then you assign it later. I would be comfortable if they didn't ask who the bands are for that it's link it later.

I just ordered them and they didn't ask me to link it to anyone. I'll report back once I receive the bands!

Put our bands on prepping for day 1 tomorrow. They are waterproof right? Dj is freaking out about the kids washing hands and getting them wet, but I figure we will wear them on flume so we are good.

Put our bands on prepping for day 1 tomorrow. They are waterproof right? Dj is freaking out about the kids washing hands and getting them wet, but I figure we will wear them on flume so we are good.

yes, you wear them in the waterparks too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter