• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also used vouchers on our trip from Dec.6-9. We are a family of 6 also. Me, DH, DD12, DD10, and DDtwins 4.
We used 2 vouchers at Everything Pop and really got good value for them here
My DH had the Mom's Dinner which was Chicken with Green Beans and Potatos. We got a Nesquick for a drink and were allowed a side with this as well for some reason so we got a fruit salad. Then we got the tie dye cheesecake for dessert. With the second voucher we got Shrimp Lo Mein (which was sooo good) with a fruit salad for a side and a Nesquick for a drink and a rocky road cheesecake for dessert. The older kids each got a sloppy joe. The kids each split a Nesquick and the twins ate the fruit salad. It was a lot of food and good value.

We used 2 Quick and Casual Vouchers at Beaches and Cream. The waitress treated us like we were second class citizens as soon as we showed the voucher. I had read reports from people who had really good service here and where waiters helped you out on getting the best deal with the vouchers. Anyway we ordered a Double Cheeseburger with an extra bun for the older kids to share. My husband and I shared the Prime Rib Sandwich with fries. Then we had a No Way Jose and a Banana Split for dessert. We all shared and the waitress did bring us extra bowls for this with out asking. The kids had the Cherry Soda for the drinks and my husband and I each had a Budweiser. The younger kids each had a kids meal. I still tipped the waitress over and above the voucher because we were a party of six but the service could have been better. After hearing such good things about this place I was pretty disappointed. But the desserts were definitly worth the experience. We are an ice cream loving family!!
Our best meal with the vouchers were the VKL's at CRT. We used 1 Adult and 1 Child voucher and had the best meal ever. The waitress was awesome and basically helped us order for the best deal. My husband had the Prime Rib and I had Major Domo's Favourite Pie (I want this recipe as it was my favourite meal of our whole trip) then we had the Crab Spring Rolls and the Waffle Fries which the older kids shared. The twins shared a kids cheeseburger meal. The older kids each had a huge dessert. I think it was the Royal Sundae or something like that. We were there for the twins birthday and the waitress brought them each a little cake and sang Happy Birthday! Our bill after the vouchers was $9. We left an extra tip here as well and it was well earned. Excellent service and an awesome memory of eating in Cinderella's castle.
We used our last two vouchers at RFC DTD. We had 1 Adult and 1 Child Voucher. We ordered 2 of the Shrimp Platters, the Combo Appetizer and the Volcano for dessert. The older kids just ordered from the regular menu as one wanted a burger and the other wanted her own Shrimp Platter. The twins split a kids meal.
This ended up being our most expensive meal but we enjoyed the atmosphere and everyone enjoyed their meal. We wouldn't have ordered the way we did if we didn't have the vouchers so it was nice to splurge a bit.
I agree with Kelly Delly about "The Volcano". It was sooo good. One of the waiters at DTD was hilarious because he would announce it when it came out and he sounded like a fight announcer - "Vollllllllllcannnnnnnnoooooooooo!" Very funny!
All in all the vouchers worked pretty good and I am glad we had them!

hellooothere said:
We used our last two vouchers at RFC DTD. We had 1 Adult and 1 Child Voucher. We ordered 2 of the Shrimp Platters, the Combo Appetizer and the Volcano for dessert. The older kids just ordered from the regular menu as one wanted a burger and the other wanted her own Shrimp Platter. All in all the vouchers worked pretty good and I am glad we had them!

I'm a great fan of the vouchers, I had read here that RFC @ DTD took the voucher too, but I hadn't heard of anyone doing it. I glad to know someone has used them here! Was that at lunch time only, or any meals like the AK-RFC?
We have 4 adults & 1kid, we used 3 Adult VKL=$93.00 we ate $235 in food & tax & tips- and ended up taking 2 steaks/1stuff lobster tail & 3 desserts back to the condo....and all of us were soooooo full.

We used our vouchers!!! What a good deal they are!!! We got our best deal at RFC. Had 1 adult and 1 child VKL, Waitress was sooooo excited to help us get the best deal. She even got cranky dd4 to eat enough for dessert!! We had the voooooooolllllllcccccaaaaannnnooooooo!!!! as well. What fun that was. We also got the kids icee in huge souvenier cups as our beverage. (these would have been $6.99) Service was outstanding and the food was sooo good. Our bill came to $110, we paid $43 for vouchers and $10 extra for our drinks and extra tip.
We also used Q&C at Pepper Market. Great food!!! I think we figured it at about $60 worth of food for 2 vouchers at $11.50 each. So $23 instead of $60. Here we had to get the kids their own meal, they did not want our spicy food. I could not find desserts when researching (ALLEARS)if we would go here. They had the best apple pie a la mode, with all the toppings!! It was delicious.
Gained 6 pounds over our 10 day trip.....I think it was all the good desserts and 'free' cruise food.
Back to reality..excercise and normal diet.

Oh yeah, We also used Q&C at pizzafari in AK. OK deal, $15.91 bill (used 1 Q&C, I had paid $11.50 through hotwire.)
Used 1 more at Pecos Bills in MK. Got $13.50 food using 1 voucher. This was not as good on paper. But by the time you see how much food that is....We ordered an extra kids meal and DH got a hot dog. With the voucher I was able to get our large coke to share, chili cheese fries for everyone to share, cream pie for all, and DD7 and I split the HUGE .5 lb bacon double cheeseburger. Little ones split the sprite with the kids meal(I asked for 2 extra cups). We still ate until we were stuffed for under $25.
This is great when you consider we also ate at Hard Rock($39), NBA live($45), and Golden Corral ($45+?)buffet type meal cost more than our VKL lunch at RFC. We had cafeteria food that cost more than stuffed maine lobster, shrimp scampi, 2 steaks, ribs, VOLCANO!,.... COme on. We fell into the tourist trap. Dh wanted us to get some veggies. I wish we had skipped this one. The others were outstanding places.

We had no problem using the vouchers at DTD! We had two left on our last day and didn't want to have to go back to AK for lunch so we thought we would just try and see if they worked. The server had to ask the manager but we were allowed to use them!

Shani said:
What state are you in? 55 dollars should do it, if you are interested. I will insure them.

My email is : REMOVED

I just bought the one's I needed. You could list them on ebay and sell them if you don't get a buyer.
Sorry.

The Q&C's are only 11.50 from hotwire savings club and the first month is free. Free shipping.

.....and they really are fantastic - unfortunately we can't join Connections from the UK :-( Best we can do is buy them for $17.50 from one of the Orlando ticket companies.

How do you order from hotwire. I joined and got a member number but don't see anything on the website about connections or vouchers. Help!

Disfreek said:
Has anyone used the VKL vouchers @ Le Cellier in Epcot (for lunchtime)?

Thanks.
Yes ,I have :wave: , we actually booked the last lunch seating at 3:00pm. It was an excellent value, I had shrimp cocktail, filet minion (done perfectly :love: ) and chocolate pudding with tarragon ice cream, My SIL had cheddar soup, some kind of chicken and cheesecake, I think for dessert. Even at the higher prices we still came out at least $10-15 ahead. ( this also served 2 Adults/1 Boy (12) /1 girl (8))

fredms said:
How do you order from hotwire. I joined and got a member number but don't see anything on the website about connections or vouchers. Help!

It won't say anything about connections. After signing into the hotwire savings club website click on "Theme Parks & More". There will be a list on theme parks on the left hand side, scroll down and click on "Walt Disney World® Resort Meals". That's where you'll find the vouchers.

Are these vouchers the same as the new MYW (Magic Your Way) Dining Option? Sorry if this is a repeat question, but as you can see I'm new here! Can someone say if the following would be a good deal? 2 Adults/2 Children (3-9yo) $90/day for a sit down meal each, a counter service meal each and a snack each. Seems as though we would at least break even. And if not, we should be able to sell any left over vouchers or just pay for more food-whichever is necessary.

God Bless

Dr Spark said:
Are these vouchers the same as the new MYW (Magic Your Way) Dining Option? Sorry if this is a repeat question, but as you can see I'm new here! Can someone say if the following would be a good deal? 2 Adults/2 Children (3-9yo) $90/day for a sit down meal each, a counter service meal each and a snack each. Seems as though we would at least break even. And if not, we should be able to sell any left over vouchers or just pay for more food-whichever is necessary.

God Bless

The vouchers are not the same as the MYW dining plan. I have read that the Quick & Casual vouchers are not going to be continued after the end of May (when the current ones expire), which might effect you based on when you're going. I would look through the dining section of www.wdwig.com and see if you would save more money using the MYW dining plan or paying as you go. For my husband and I, we will save money using the dining plan if we are wanting to eat dinner or character meals at table service restaurants. You could easily spend $25 or more for each adult, so after tax & tip your lunch and snack would essentially be free (if you bought the $35 per night dining plan). Of course, if you didn't go with the dining plan and just wanted to eat at counter service restaurants, you could easily eat for under $10 per adult per meal, and even split some of them.

From what I've read, the dining plan will be added onto your room key/resort ID, and you'll present your IDs to your server before ordering. You'll be given a receipt at the end of your meal which will list your remaining meals. So you could eat your credited meals in whatever order you want. So for a 7 night stay, you would have 28 table service meals, 28 counter service meals, and 28 snacks to split between the days/nights of your stay. The children would have to order from the children's menu when available.

Hope this makes sense...

I guess DVCers, staying on points, won't be able to get this new dining deal?

The more I read about these vouchers, the more confused I get. My question is why would the restaurant that your using your vouchers at allow a family of 4, let's say my family for example, my son who is 11, daughter who is 4, my husband and me use only 1 or 2 vouchers? There are 4 of us, so shouldnt we use 4 vouchers? Can someone please explain this to me as if I were a child. Also, I signed up at hotwire, and I didnt see a place to click for theme parks to get the vouchers. So I am even more confused now. Help!!!

I will be at Disneyworld Feb. 4-13 and I have to figure out fast how to buy and get these vouchers sent to me. I am from Nova Scotia. Also, I couldnt even consider using the meal option for the Magic Your Way packages because I got the room at POFQ for a discount rate of 85 bucks, and if I want to add the option of dining, i will have to pay rack rate for that room. Now I have to tell the travel agent to order my MYW park passes first thing tomorrow. Been waiting for Jan. 2 forever. Seriously stressed, if not obsessed about this trip!!!

Anyways, please give me some input. It would be greatly appreciated.

This might solve one problem for you...but it's not a good one: Canadian residents CANNOT get Vouchers. Please PM me and i"ll give you more info. Don't stress, everthing will turn out right...Come over to the Canadian Board for more info.

On our trip in 2003 we had lunch in Canada using the VKL. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and the food was great. DH & I shared the meal and bought an additional drink. When he got a taste of the cheese soup, he got a little stingy about sharing so I ordered my own! We ate very late and the place was almost empty but very relaxing. No hassle with the coupon. We have plans to use several on our up-coming trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter