Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

With new rules in place, will WDW still be flexible with return times on the GotG VQ? We arrive in the evening but I will try for the 7 am VQ. Never had a problem before arriving well after my boarding group return time. Also, I assume there is still a 6 pm VQ chance on EEH nights?
The new ‘no reservations needed’ has been in place for 6 days now. There have not been any reports of guests being turned away from GotG even when they are late for their VQ. At this time I anticipate there are no changes to arriving late for a GotG VQ.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could not find. If I do not get a boarding pass for GotG at 7am. When I try again at 1pm do I need to be inside the park?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could not find. If I do not get a boarding pass for GotG at 7am. When I try again at 1pm do I need to be inside the park?
You need to have entered Epcot at some point. You do not need to still be in the park but need to have tapped in to be eligible to try for the 1PM drop.

Given there are no park reservations, can we try for both virtual queues at 7am on two different phones and whichever we get determines which park we go to? (I know we can't hold two virtual queues)

If I book a virtual queue rez for my family of 5 at 7 AM from my hotel room, then only 2 of us go into the park, can we use the virtual queue reservations for the people that haven't scanned into the park to ride twice?

I'm gonna try this tomorrow. I just don't know if the scanner will scan red or blue even tho we will have a rez on the ticket because the person hasn't hit the park yet. If anyone can tell me ahead and save me the embarrassing moment I'd appreciate it :)

If I book a virtual queue rez for my family of 5 at 7 AM from my hotel room, then only 2 of us go into the park, can we use the virtual queue reservations for the people that haven't scanned into the park to ride twice?

I'm gonna try this tomorrow. I just don't know if the scanner will scan red or blue even tho we will have a rez on the ticket because the person hasn't hit the park yet. If anyone can tell me ahead and save me the embarrassing moment I'd appreciate it :)
No you cannot as the person has not tapped into the park. Please do not discuss on DISboards how to try to avoid Disney policies. Thanks.

Question about VQ and rider swap. We have used both before, but not together. One of our kids will be too short to ride Tron, so do we get VQ for all of us? Then are we able to get a rider swap so the kids can still ride with both parents?

Question about VQ and rider swap. We have used both before, but not together. One of our kids will be too short to ride Tron, so do we get VQ for all of us? Then are we able to get a rider swap so the kids can still ride with both parents?

Not 100% sure how rider swap works but each person who wishes to ride must have a VQ reservation.

You still get VQ for everyone. Then approach a CM on the ramp heading up towards the ride and let them know the situation. Your kid who is tall enough to ride will get a second ride with the parent who waited.

First time using VQ. I have a FL Res (Thrill pass) Park Hopper that requires a park reservation. I have made a reservation at MK so that we can ride Tron for the first time. Planning to be on MDE and ready to go for 7am VQ. Just to confirm, if my ticket requires a reservation, the reservation HAS to be in the park I am getting a VQ for?
I would really like to start that morning in HS. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the VQ for Tron with an MK reservation but once the VQ is secured, change my res to HS and head there first? We would make our way to MK once we got called to board within the 60 minutes. Any other ways to do this?
We only have two days of tickets so trying to maximize everything (planning to be in EP and do Guardians the following day). Thank you!

First time using VQ. I have a FL Res (Thrill pass) Park Hopper that requires a park reservation. I have made a reservation at MK so that we can ride Tron for the first time. Planning to be on MDE and ready to go for 7am VQ. Just to confirm, if my ticket requires a reservation, the reservation HAS to be in the park I am getting a VQ for?
I would really like to start that morning in HS. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the VQ for Tron with an MK reservation but once the VQ is secured, change my res to HS and head there first? We would make our way to MK once we got called to board within the 60 minutes. Any other ways to do this?
We only have two days of tickets so trying to maximize everything (planning to be in EP and do Guardians the following day). Thank you!
Yes, park reservation must be for the park you wish to acquire a VQ for.

Yes, once you secure the VQ you can change your park reservation to the park you wish to go to first.

Note, Tron VQ times are strictly enforced so depending on what BG number you secure you may end up going to MK first.

Yes, park reservation must be for the park you wish to acquire a VQ for.

Yes, once you secure the VQ you can change your park reservation to the park you wish to go to first.

Note, Tron VQ times are strictly enforced so depending on what BG number you secure you may end up going to MK first.
Thank you so much for this information. I wasn't sure if I changed the park res after the VQ, if it would take away the VQ. If we get an early boarding group, I will go to MK first for sure. If not, we are staying on site and will have our car so I will do early entry at HS for a ride or two and make our way over to MK. Thank you again!

I have never had a problem getting a que number for Guardians, but not once this visit. I’m at the Swan, so went over to Boardwalk thinking that might help, but still a no go. I’ve been here when it’s busier, so very sad. One more day, any advice? Thanks

I have never had a problem getting a que number for Guardians, but not once this visit. I’m at the Swan, so went over to Boardwalk thinking that might help, but still a no go. I’ve been here when it’s busier, so very sad. One more day, any advice? Thanks
Are you trying at both 7AM and 1 PM? I know 7AM goes quickly but wasn’t aware 1PM was also.

So many more people are eligible to try now that park reservations are no longer required so sadly this may be what more people experience now. 🙁

This screen shot from Thrill Data shows what you’ve been experiencing and VQs are currently filling immediately at both 7AM and 1PM.

IMG_5903.png

Unfortunately no tips other than possibly have more that one person trying if you can and just keep tapping that refresh button as quickly as you can. Hope 1 PM is better for you.

Are you trying at both 7AM and 1 PM? I know 7AM goes quickly but wasn’t aware 1PM was also.

So many more people are eligible to try now that park reservations are no longer required so sadly this may be what more people experience now. 🙁

This screen shot from Thrill Data shows what you’ve been experiencing and VQs are currently filling immediately at both 7AM and 1PM.

View attachment 828226

Unfortunately no tips other than possibly have more that one person trying if you can and just keep tapping that refresh button as quickly as you can. Hope 1 PM is better for you.
This is disheartening. Wish they would introduce standby for Guardians at least. But I guess if Disney is making tons of $$$ on LL for those who can't get into the VQ, why would they change it? They certainly don't care about guest satisfaction at this point. :(

View attachment 828226

I believe since park hopping moved up guardians has been gone immediately at both 7am and 1pm. On my 8 night trip last week the only time I struck out was during deluxe evening emh which also went immediately, but that was quasi my own fault for accidentally refreshing a half second too early.

I just saw that tomorrow is a Good to Go day for passholders. We have MK booked, but do not want to try for Tron and only want to see Country Bears one last time. Can we try for GoG VQ at 7am or would we need to cancel our MK reservation? We will be hopping to Epcot later in the day so that would be great if it worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter