Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

CMs at Guardians have been quite lenient with regard to arriving late. Unlike Tron, anyone whose boarding group has been called has been allowed to enter, even if the window has closed. We have entered late multiple times.

Hi! I will be arriving at Disney on Sat 9/9 at 10:30am at Sanford airport. We plan to Uber to our Disney resort. It is just a long weekend trip so we want to make the most of our time in the parks. We plan on going to the parks that same day, Saturday.

We really want to ride Guardians Saturday. My question is if we enter the virtual queue, what time slots have people been getting? We obviously won’t be in the parks till probably 1ish? What happens if we miss our time slot, are they strict or would they let us in?

Thanks!
GoG is very, very flexible with their VQ and boarding group return times. We were there two weeks back and got BG 26, estimated call back was 11:03am, our group was called when we were on Remy around 10ish, we showed up around 11:05a and had no issue getting on the ride. Just a heads up, it's not a walk on, you still are waiting a good bit, just depending on who shows up and iLL$.

My daughter wants to ride Guardians. We are going to Epcot on our arrival day and will be in flight at 7am. We are expected to land around 8am. Are the LL for purchase usually gone by this time? Is it difficult to get a boarding group at the 1pm drop?

My daughter wants to ride Guardians. We are going to Epcot on our arrival day and will be in flight at 7am. We are expected to land around 8am. Are the LL for purchase usually gone by this time? Is it difficult to get a boarding group at the 1pm drop?
For Guardians, ILLs are usually available for purchase long after 8:00, and the 1:00 VQ often lasts for quite a while too. See this webpage for the data: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/

Hello, real life prompted me to take a mini break to DW on 9/6 with my adult son for 2-1/2 days. We are staying in a top tier Disney accommodation using park hopper ticket. The plan is arrival day EP/MKEH, Day 2 HW, Day3 EP morning our last day.

In the learning stage and trying to plan our very short time with the best strategy to ride GG and TRON. I'm old school and kind of old too so this Genie+ has been hard to master! I didn't choose Dori's Twin as my name for nothing! We go to Disney every year and I leave this to my kids but I think I should learn this too.

Initial tour plan so far:
1. 3:30 pm EPCOT entry and hopefully ride GG, visit the lounge at Space 220 or head over to the Polynesian lounge for a light dinner before MK extended hours.
2. 7:00 pm - 12am MK. Secure TRON via VQ and $LL

My strategy is use genie+ to book $LL for GG and TRON first thing in the morning. Modify TRON for an evening time. Then later in the day secure TRON VQ. Can you do this?

While in transit and not tapped into a park, Use Genie+ at 9am (park opening) to book another EPCOT LL. Then every 120 minutes try to stack some more LL's for MK evening. At 5:00pm start the TRON virtual queue and at 6:00pm continue to get VQ?

This is a challenging park day. Our Genie+ bookings will be while we're in transit but we're determined to make the most of it. I'm not sure you can start to stack LL's at park opening if you aren't tapped into a park!

I know I probably haven't figured this out correctly. I hope I can get some ideas how to achieve these tour goals.

Thanks
DT

Hello, real life prompted me to take a mini break to DW on 9/6 with my adult son for 2-1/2 days. We are staying in a top tier Disney accommodation using park hopper ticket. The plan is arrival day EP/MKEH, Day 2 HW, Day3 EP morning our last day.

In the learning stage and trying to plan our very short time with the best strategy to ride GG and TRON. I'm old school and kind of old too so this Genie+ has been hard to master! I didn't choose Dori's Twin as my name for nothing! We go to Disney every year and I leave this to my kids but I think I should learn this too.

Initial tour plan so far:
1. 3:30 pm EPCOT entry and hopefully ride GG, visit the lounge at Space 220 or head over to the Polynesian lounge for a light dinner before MK extended hours.
2. 7:00 pm - 12am MK. Secure TRON via VQ and $LL

My strategy is use genie+ to book $LL for GG and TRON first thing in the morning. Modify TRON for an evening time. Then later in the day secure TRON VQ. Can you do this?

While in transit and not tapped into a park, Use Genie+ at 9am (park opening) to book another EPCOT LL. Then every 120 minutes try to stack some more LL's for MK evening. At 5:00pm start the TRON virtual queue and at 6:00pm continue to get VQ?

This is a challenging park day. Our Genie+ bookings will be while we're in transit but we're determined to make the most of it. I'm not sure you can start to stack LL's at park opening if you aren't tapped into a park!

I know I probably haven't figured this out correctly. I hope I can get some ideas how to achieve these tour goals.

Thanks
DT
I’ll do my best to help.

First, I recommend watching this video for assistance. I did that earlier this week and it was a great help!!

You choose your return time when booking an ILL$ so be sure to choose Tron when you are in the MK.

One thing to note is a ILL$ or VQ time cannot be modified. For Tron you must arrive within your return window or you will be turned away.

If you are not going to MK until late in the day you will most likely miss your Tron VQ if you book it at 7AM. You can try at 7AM but chances are high it will be called earlier than you arrive in the park. The only reason I’m saying it can still be beneficial to try is Wed of this week we were assigned group 90 at 7AM but our group was not called until 3:45 so our window to ride was between 3:45 and 4:45. Wait in line from arriving at 3:50 until riding was 75 mins based on time stamps on photos.

You can try to secure Guardians VQ at 7AM. That return window is not enforced so once it’s called you can ride anytime from then until park close.

Do you have an ADR for Space220 Lounge? Without that you will not be able to go in. I had 2 reservation finders set for the full 60 days before our trip but we were never able to secure a reservation. Asked day off but nothing was available as a walk up and they suggested we just keep an eye on the app. We were a group of 8 though so that may have added to the challenge.

Since you are staying on Disney property, even though you’ll be in transit, you can purchase your ILL$ and begin stacking LL at 7AM.

Hope this helps.

Our recent experience with VQ (not ILL)...
Tron
July 4th - Group 23 called at 10:30
July 10th - Group 2 called 8:45, tapped in 40 minutes late without issue
July 12th - unsuccessful at the 6pm Extend Hours (Trouble with Swan Hotel)
July 16th - Group 8!

Guardians
July 15th - Group 4 called at 845. Arrived at 4pm not problem.
Why did you have trouble with the Swan Hotel? That is where we're staying and planning on MKEH this being our only time to go to MK during our short visit.

I’ll do my best to help.

First, I recommend watching this video for assistance. I did that earlier this week and it was a great help!!

You choose your return time when booking an ILL$ so be sure to choose Tron when you are in the MK.

One thing to note is a ILL$ or VQ time cannot be modified. For Tron you must arrive within your return window or you will be turned away.

If you are not going to MK until late in the day you will most likely miss your Tron VQ if you book it at 7AM. You can try at 7AM but chances are high it will be called earlier than you arrive in the park. The only reason I’m saying it can still be beneficial to try is Wed of this week we were assigned group 90 at 7AM but our group was not called until 3:45 so our window to ride was between 3:45 and 4:45. Wait in line from arriving at 3:50 until riding was 75 mins based on time stamps on photos.

You can try to secure Guardians VQ at 7AM. That return window is not enforced so once it’s called you can ride anytime from then until park close.

Do you have an ADR for Space220 Lounge? Without that you will not be able to go in. I had 2 reservation finders set for the full 60 days before our trip but we were never able to secure a reservation. Asked day off but nothing was available as a walk up and they suggested we just keep an eye on the app. We were a group of 8 though so that may have added to the challenge.

Since you are staying on Disney property, even though you’ll be in transit, you can purchase your ILL$ and begin stacking LL at 7AM.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for making me aware of these points! I'll watch the video. Thank you!

General information, for those who need to use Disney wifi, do not give up hope. We are 3/3 so far this week at the 7AM drop. It can be done from the comfort of your room.

We are at Pop which at 100% capacity but have still been successful at 7AM the 3 days we’ve tried.

Tomorrow going to AK but currently have an Epcot park reservation. Going to try and book Guardians at 7AM, change our park reservation to AK then hop to Epcot later. We’ll see how it goes.

Data points:
Aug 23 - Tron VQ 90 (7AM drop) called at 3:45

Aug 24 - Guardians VQ 6 (7AM drop) called at 8:45AM

Aug 25 - Tron VQ 6 (7AM drop) called at 7:45AM (That was a shock as we were all still in bed at 7AM!! Up and out fast!)

Also, 2 of the days above we were with friends so a group of 8. No challenges at all being a slightly bigger group.

Last edited:
So in July, the 1pm drop was lasting hours and in recent days it went in under one minute? What gives?

So in July, the 1pm drop was lasting hours and in recent days it went in under one minute? What gives?
Party season. In July, the 1:00 VQ drop gave out all the boarding groups until park close at 10:00 or 11:00. Now, there are no boarding groups from the 1:00 drop called past 6:00 on party nights. (More likely, they stop calling them around 5:30 or even earlier. I don't know the time, but they may want the VQ line clear by around 6:00.) Half as many boarding groups to give out means they run out quicker, even with smaller crowds. And, on non-party days, when MK stays open until 10:00, there are big crowds now because many people avoid MK on party days and go there on non-party days. There may be more to it than that, but I suspect that's a big part of the reason.

Party season. In July, the 1:00 VQ drop gave out all the boarding groups until park close at 10:00 or 11:00. Now, there are no boarding groups from the 1:00 drop called past 6:00 on party nights. (More likely, they stop calling them around 5:30 or even earlier. I don't know the time, but they may want the VQ line clear by around 6:00.) Half as many boarding groups to give out means they run out quicker, even with smaller crowds. And, on non-party days, when MK stays open until 10:00, there are big crowds now because many people avoid MK on party days and go there on non-party days. There may be more to it than that, but I suspect that's a big part of the reason.
Makes sense. Looks like I’ll be buying ILL for sure.

Just curious of others’ experiences: are the wait times shorter for the Tron VQ on MNSSHP days at MK (during the day)? I visited this past Friday 8/25 and was lucky enough to snag BG 3. I waited ~15 min. Just wondered how much longer it was for higher BG numbers. On non party days I’ve experienced up to an hour wait time for a higher BG, say, 38.

Just curious of others’ experiences: are the wait times shorter for the Tron VQ on MNSSHP days at MK (during the day)? I visited this past Friday 8/25 and was lucky enough to snag BG 3. I waited ~15 min. Just wondered how much longer it was for higher BG numbers. On non party days I’ve experienced up to an hour wait time for a higher BG, say, 38.
Wait times for Tron are more based on your VQ number. The earlier the number, the shorter the wait. We were a group of 2 with BG 90 and wait after tapping was 75 mins. Two days later we were a group of 7 with BG 6 and wait was minutes.

My wife and I will be participating in the Wine and Dine half Marathon in November. Along with that comes the post-race party at Epcot, which allows us entry into Epcot at 5:00pm. I presume GotG BGs for the post race party will be similar to what EEH is handled, and that we would be able to access those in a 6pm drop? Would we need to be scanned into Epcot in order to have access to the VQ? What if we were to use an actual park ticket for another park that afternoon?

My wife and I will be participating in the Wine and Dine half Marathon in November. Along with that comes the post-race party at Epcot, which allows us entry into Epcot at 5:00pm. I presume GotG BGs for the post race party will be similar to what EEH is handled, and that we would be able to access those in a 6pm drop? Would we need to be scanned into Epcot in order to have access to the VQ? What if we were to use an actual park ticket for another park that afternoon?
was looking at the RunDisney site and it just says access to select attractions, so GotG may not be available. Not sure how you’d find out beforehand unless they send a list of what all is available

If it is, I would imagine they’d do the VQ same as EEH with a 6pm drop and anyone eligible for the after party would be able to join regardless of where they are at that time. However, you’ll definitely want to check the virtual queue details in the app that day to verify. Might also want to check out the RunDisney page here on the disboards for the race and see if anyone there has more information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter