• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Hey everyone, this is a very useful thread, thanks for all the information. :-)

I will be visiting Magic Kingdom on Sunday 22nd with a 1 day ticket (staying off property) to say goodbye to Splash Mountain.

If possible, I would love to briefly hop over to EPCOT for one ride on Guardians of the Galaxy. I would have to upgrade my ticket to include the park hopper option for this.

Would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning before I make the ticket upgrade? Because I want to avoid paying for park hopper and then not get to ride.

If not, I might have to upgrade to the park hopper in advance. In this case, would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning even though I couldn't hop to EPCOT until later that day?

What would you do, if you were me?

Adding another EPCOT day is not an option unfortunately.

Thanks,
Felix
To be eligible for the 7:00 VQ, you need a park reservation for Epcot. To be eligible for the 1:00 VQ, you need to have already entered Epcot. So, you can't try for the 7:00 VQ if you only have a ticket that lets you enter MK and are unlikely to get the 1:00 VQ. I believe you need to buy the park hopper before you can book an ILL for a park that you do not have a park reservation for. If you are staying onsite and eligible to buy your ILLs at 7:00, you should have no trouble getting one for Guardians then. Even if you are staying offsite and have to wait until park opening, there is a chance that you'll be able to get one then, although you might not. The fourth graph on this webpage shows when the ILL for Guardians sells out (turns gray).

Hey everyone, this is a very useful thread, thanks for all the information. :-)

I will be visiting Magic Kingdom on Sunday 22nd with a 1 day ticket (staying off property) to say goodbye to Splash Mountain.

If possible, I would love to briefly hop over to EPCOT for one ride on Guardians of the Galaxy. I would have to upgrade my ticket to include the park hopper option for this.

Would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning before I make the ticket upgrade? Because I want to avoid paying for park hopper and then not get to ride.

If not, I might have to upgrade to the park hopper in advance. In this case, would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning even though I couldn't hop to EPCOT until later that day?

What would you do, if you were me?

Adding another EPCOT day is not an option unfortunately.

Thanks,
Felix
You could change your reservation to Epcot so you can join the queue for Guardians and park hop to MK instead

Hi.

I tried to get a VQ this morning and actually got twice once at 7 am and I let it go and again at 7:01 and let it go (I wont be in park today).

However, is this the correct screen to start. I felt like maybe I should have been on the second screen but got them both from starting from here. (Please click on the picture to see the full picture. Thank you!).

We go two weeks from today so I wanted to try it out.

Thank you.

Attachments

• D106A50E-EF9E-4A18-9C63-ABB58D641E20.png
    D106A50E-EF9E-4A18-9C63-ABB58D641E20.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 44
So I've read through most of the posts trying to understand the rules for everything (genie+, stacking, ILL, VQ etc.) and I am still confused about some things. We are going to be there this weekend and would really like to ride Guardians of the Galaxy. We are staying offsite and don't have reservations for Epcot but we do have park hoppers. Will we be able to try for the VQ at 7 am? And if not what are the odds of us getting an ILL when the park opens? We are planning on park hopping to Epcot Saturday.

You will not be able to get a VQ at 7AM; those are only available for guests with Epcot park reservations. To determine the ILL availability, I recommend browsing MDE for ILLs at about park open today, tomorrow, and Friday to see what's left. And, if you park hop at 2PM, there may still be VQs left from the 1PM drop. You can also check for those in MDE around the time you plan to park hop over the next few days.

My family is headed to WDW next week after last having been there 9 months ago (literally the week BEFORE GOTG opened). So, this will be our first experience trying to get on it.

My question, now that the ride has been open for 9 months, is it more than likely that if you are able to get a BG (either at 7AM or 1PM), your BG will be called? I'm having flashbacks to ROtR when you had to fight to get a BG but you might end up with a really really high one and it is not called before park closing. I don't mind waiting all day for my BG to be called, I just want to be certain (or at least reasonably confident) that it will be called. If that's not the case, we'll try for ILL, but I'd rather not pay for it if I don't have to.

My family is headed to WDW next week after last having been there 9 months ago (literally the week BEFORE GOTG opened). So, this will be our first experience trying to get on it.

My question, now that the ride has been open for 9 months, is it more than likely that if you are able to get a BG (either at 7AM or 1PM), your BG will be called? I'm having flashbacks to ROtR when you had to fight to get a BG but you might end up with a really really high one and it is not called before park closing. I don't mind waiting all day for my BG to be called, I just want to be certain (or at least reasonably confident) that it will be called. If that's not the case, we'll try for ILL, but I'd rather not pay for it if I don't have to.
Yes. They have typically been calling back all the groups. And the 1pm drop is regularly lasting for a while. Yesterday it was still available after 3pm. They usually call all the uncalled groups back in the last hour of operation.

Yes. They have typically been calling back all the groups. And the 1pm drop is regularly lasting for a while. Yesterday it was still available after 3pm. They usually call all the uncalled groups back in the last hour of operation.
Awesome. Thank you!

Hi all, my fam is at Epcot today and first time doing Virtual Queue. It looks like our boarding group will be called around the same time as our Mexico dining ADR. Would the Virtual Queue or ADR be more forgiving about arriving late?

Thanks for the replies to this in the moment!

Following up, we swung by Mexico to ask about it, and they were understanding. They told us to still go to Guardians whenever we were called, them come for our ADR right after that, even if we were late. The Virtual Queue return time probably made us around a half-hour late for the dining reservation, but they were very accommodating and they were glad to have the heads-up. Not sure if that's always the case (it was definitely a less-busy day in the park), but that was our experience. There was no $ penalty, though there would have been if we hadn't shown up at all.

Following up, we swung by Mexico to ask about it, and they were understanding. They told us to still go to Guardians whenever we were called, them come for our ADR right after that, even if we were late. The Virtual Queue return time probably made us around a half-hour late for the dining reservation, but they were very accommodating and they were glad to have the heads-up. Not sure if that's always the case (it was definitely a less-busy day in the park), but that was our experience. There was no $ penalty, though there would have been if we hadn't shown up at all.
Glad they were accommodating and you were able to do both. In general it is recommended guests go to their ADR ontime and be late for LL/ILL$/BG and bd prepared to show proof of dining.

It’s good that you asked and they advised GotG but I would suggest to others, if you are unable to check with your dining location, attending your ADR on time is recommended.

Just want to chime in, they are not enforcing the BG return times. On this past Saturday I had a group that was called around 10am while I was on a plane to Orlando. I didn’t enter the queue until after 7pm and had no issues.

We were lucky to get GOTG passes on both days we visited. The first day we were in the 7am group, got boarding 99 and were called at around 5pm. The second time we were also in the 7am group and we got group 53 and were called just before 230

Just want to chime in, they are not enforcing the BG return times. On this past Saturday I had a group that was called around 10am while I was on a plane to Orlando. I didn’t enter the queue until after 7pm and had no issues.
Yes, this has been the case since the ride opened. Return times are not being enforced once a BG has been called. You cannot show up early though.

Hi.

I tried to get a VQ this morning and actually got twice once at 7 am and I let it go and again at 7:01 and let it go (I wont be in park today).

However, is this the correct screen to start. I felt like maybe I should have been on the second screen but got them both from starting from here. (Please click on the picture to see the full picture. Thank you!).

We go two weeks from today so I wanted to try it out.

Thank you.
Hi.
Can anyone please let me know if the screen I showed above (picture) is the correct screen to start on and refresh?
Thank you all so much!

Two questions:

1. About how long has the wait been in "regular" line (virtual queue return) v. lightning lane?
2. Re: child swap with an infant, if both parents have a virtual queue spot or LL, is there even a point in using child swap? I'm not sure what you gain with child swap if both parents have a "reserved" spot anyway, via virtual queue or LL, and can basically return whenever.
So, for example you have 2 parents and toddler.... Parent 1 gets a VQ or ILL, both parents go to podium,request baby swap, Parent 1 rides, parent 2 waits, then goes in LL to ride- is this correct? So technically only parent 1 needs the VQ or ILL in this scenario?

So, for example you have 2 parents and toddler.... Parent 1 gets a VQ or ILL, both parents go to podium,request baby swap, Parent 1 rides, parent 2 waits, then goes in LL to ride- is this correct? So technically only parent 1 needs the VQ or ILL in this scenario?
Both parents need a VQ to use child swap. If only one parent has a VQ, only that parent will be able to ride. Same with LL reservations. Both parents require a reservation to ride.

Epcot Saturday, working on strategy, DH wants to book cosmic rewind. is it still virtual queue? having trouble finding the answer online. if it is virtual queue is that in place of iLL? or is cosmic VQ and something else is iLL? our top priorities are Remy and Frozen, which all family members will ride I don't want to risk missing them to book cosmic for just 1 person.

Epcot Saturday, working on strategy, DH wants to book cosmic rewind. is it still virtual queue? having trouble finding the answer online. if it is virtual queue is that in place of iLL? or is cosmic VQ and something else is iLL? our top priorities are Remy and Frozen, which all family members will ride I don't want to risk missing them to book cosmic for just 1 person.
Cosmic rewind is VQ and also ILL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter