Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Two questions:

1. About how long has the wait been in "regular" line (virtual queue return) v. lightning lane?
2. Re: child swap with an infant, if both parents have a virtual queue spot or LL, is there even a point in using child swap? I'm not sure what you gain with child swap if both parents have a "reserved" spot anyway, via virtual queue or LL, and can basically return whenever.
This holiday season the first time it took us 45 mins (line was outside the queue, ride was down earlier in the day and CM said was 55 mins so we waited until line outside was slightly lower). During EETPH the line was 45 mins (CM said 45-50). We got in at 10:15 pm. The ride itself is not long (3 mins 20 secs). The second group goes through the LL so they were back in around 20 mins. The key is to quickly jump in line (or wait until initial line clears) whenever the queue opens if the ride has been down. The Cm told us that the VQ is usually 20-30 mins long and this was unusual.

We received an anytime pass which was valid on Guardians (from an earlier issue with ROTR breaking down repeatedly when we tried to ride). We chose not to ride GOTG because it took way too much time out of our day and it did make me nauseous for a good 15-20 mins (try to take it with an empty stomach).

I am going to have my teens download the app in a couple of weeks so we can all try together to get a virtual queue but I have a question-do they need to make their own Disney account or can we all be signed in to mine at the same time?

Very detailed thread, thank you OP.

I have a few questions just to confirm a few things:
1. I will be arriving at WDW (Boardwalk villa) on Feb 11th 2023 around 2pm. I know I can join the VQ at 7 AM even if I am off site, so I will try that at the airport while I wait for my Orlando flight. I understand if I can still show up late even if my BG has been called already. Is that still the case?

2. How soon is the ILL selling out? I know It goes for sale at 7 AM (I will be staying at a disney hotel), but I would rather focus on the VQ first before trying the ILL.
Thanks

1. I will be arriving at WDW (Boardwalk villa) on Feb 11th 2023 around 2pm. I know I can join the VQ at 7 AM even if I am off site, so I will try that at the airport while I wait for my Orlando flight. I understand if I can still show up late even if my BG has been called already. Is that still the case?

2. How soon is the ILL selling out? I know It goes for sale at 7 AM (I will be staying at a disney hotel), but I would rather focus on the VQ first before trying the ILL.
Thanks
Thrill Data has tables that show when the ILL sells out each day. Lately it's been by 9-10am but it varies.

I am going to have my teens download the app in a couple of weeks so we can all try together to get a virtual queue but I have a question-do they need to make their own Disney account or can we all be signed in to mine at the same time?
We’ve always used one account. Multiple people can log into the same account

Do virtual que boarding groups at 7 am all end before one? Or can you get a boarding group after 1 assigned at 7 am?
If you are not going during peak time, you might be able to get a BG earlier, but it’s a huge gamble plus ride can break down. I would buy a LLIA if you’re pressed on time. It’s easy to get refunded if it does break down (using the chat feature on the app).

On a sold out Epcot day (1/2):

At 7 am using the world clock (turning off WiFi) I clicked join and got BG 70. At 12:56 pm my Bg was not called and then when we went back after lunch (around 2:40 pm), the ride was down and VQ line was 55 mins-normally around 30 mins (rider switch group goes through LL but even that took 20-25 mins). When we were exiting the ride I overheard CMs telling someone you cannot enter early.

D55740F1-DC53-46BD-8AF8-32A8BA0856D5.jpeg

Does the VQ counts toward a genie plus selection at 7am? Can I get a BG and Remy genie plus at 7 am?

Hi all, my fam is at Epcot today and first time doing Virtual Queue. It looks like our boarding group will be called around the same time as our Mexico dining ADR. Would the Virtual Queue or ADR be more forgiving about arriving late?

Hi all, my fam is at Epcot today and first time doing Virtual Queue. It looks like our boarding group will be called around the same time as our Mexico dining ADR. Would the Virtual Queue or ADR be more forgiving about arriving late?
It is recommended that you always go to an ADR first. When you go to VQ/LL/ILL$ be prepared to show proof of dining but since the only return time that is strictly monitored once called is LL, you should be just fine for your VQ.

So I poked around a bit and saw that the Remy ride switched to Standby on 10 January 2022. Has there been any indication of Guardians switching to Standby? Does anyone remember how much notice was given before Remy switched? I'm going in two weeks and I'm hoping VQ sticks around.

So I poked around a bit and saw that the Remy ride switched to Standby on 10 January 2022. Has there been any indication of Guardians switching to Standby? Does anyone remember how much notice was given before Remy switched? I'm going in two weeks and I'm hoping VQ sticks around.
There is no indication of GotG changing from VQ. I would anticipate it being VQ in 2 weeks.

My complete 100% guess is they'll maybe swap it when Tron opens in April.
It's possible they'll run 2 VQ but it's also very possible they consider Guardians ready to swap by then.
I can't see much of a reason to do it prior to that though. Or at least not much before that

After having done this for a couple days on my recent trip, my two cents on the best way to snag a 7am BG...

If you have two phones, put the MDE app on both, sign in to the same account, and try to refresh on both phones at the same time as soon as you see the clock turn over from 6:59 to 7:00. I have seen people recommend using the second phone to monitor time.gov instead, but my view is that having two phones with MDE trying to get a BG and just watching the clock on the phones themselves (which are accurate enough) provides for a higher probability of getting a BG. This essentially gives you two lottery tickets instead of only one, even if you might be a second or so slower with this method. I was able to get a BG both days (78 and 63) using this double refresh method on very busy park days.

Thanks
I am wondering about the VQ also. How late can you be once your boarding group is called?

Hey everyone, this is a very useful thread, thanks for all the information. :-)

I will be visiting Magic Kingdom on Sunday 22nd with a 1 day ticket (staying off property) to say goodbye to Splash Mountain.

If possible, I would love to briefly hop over to EPCOT for one ride on Guardians of the Galaxy. I would have to upgrade my ticket to include the park hopper option for this.

Would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning before I make the ticket upgrade? Because I want to avoid paying for park hopper and then not get to ride.

If not, I might have to upgrade to the park hopper in advance. In this case, would I be able to buy Individual Lighting Lane or join the virtual queue in the morning even though I couldn't hop to EPCOT until later that day?

What would you do, if you were me?

Adding another EPCOT day is not an option unfortunately.

Thanks,
Felix

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter