Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this yesterday at MK. We got to MK about 8:45 and just hung back at the hub. We were not in the crowds at each land. When they started walking everyone back we followed behind everyone.
Thanks! If you have time- what did your morning look like in terms of rides and wait times? Curious if being at the back of the pack greatly changed your rope drop experience at all?

Anybody have info on the latest rope drop times for Animal Kingdom…. What time are they letting people in the tapstiles?

Thanks! If you have time- what did your morning look like in terms of rides and wait times? Curious if being at the back of the pack greatly changed your rope drop experience at all?
I think arriving just at/after opening does still have some benefit, as long as you don't expect a short wait on the super-headliners. We were able walk through the AK tapstiles right at open and ride EE twice in a row walk-on, for example (and then do the same at Kali when it opened an hour later). At DHS we did arrive a little earlier, but the RD for RNR or ToT is less crowded because they form essentially single lines down Sunset Blvd, and people were not crowding together as much. At Epcot, the lines for everything except Test Track and Frozen seem to fall significantly as little as an hour after RD, so you could arrive just after the crowd, do the secondary attractions, and then double back to Soarin and TT later.

Crowds are pretty low right now. Lower than any August trip I've ever taken.

We arrived at MK at 7:58 for an 8am open today and were near the front of the crowd waiting to rope drop at Tomorrowland. Based on prior experiences arriving that "late" would have set us back somewhere near the hub or towards main street.

Combined with no FP+, the most we waited for anything today was around 30 minutes. Disney's posted wait times are inaccurate by a factor of 2x or even more. It's amazing to get in a line and it just keeps infinitely moving. No stopping in place for huge periods of time because they are letting 100 FP+ riders on for like 10 standby riders. Normally, based on where we entered the queues for some rides (Splash, 7DMT, Peter Pan, etc.) these would be 60-75+ minute waits with FP+ in effect.

We started in tomorrowland and just rode things in order counter-clockwise. No zig-zagging around trying to optimize our plan to minimize waits. We just rode things as we came to them because the lines were just moving with continuous boarding. This is what the park experience should be.

Anybody have info on the latest rope drop times for Animal Kingdom…. What time are they letting people in the tapstiles?

We arrived today at around 730 for an 8pm opening. We were back by Africa on the FoP line. They "opened" the ride at about 752 and we waited around 25 minutes. The line moves extremely quickly. No idea what time they actually opened the park but we were glad we didn't go nuts trying to get their earlier than we did.

Probably varies per day. We RD EPCOT and AK last week. We were let into each park about 40 minutes early. Held internally for a bit, then allowed to go to the attractions lines. At EPCOT we were off Frozen 10 minutes prior to official opening. At AK we were off FOP a few minutes before the official opening.

The crowds were relatively low as well.

Going to rope drop MK tomorrow. Staying offsite. What time does the TTC open?
Post 1 lists the current times.

Parking lots are opening approx 1 hour before posted park opening time.

If people find the information listed in post 1 should be updated, please let us know and we’ll update it. Thanks.

At HS this morning when I arrived at the car entrance at 0750 for 9am opening they had already let everyone in. Held us at the tapstiles though until 0830 and walked us bag to various lands.

If I wanted to rope drop the 7DMT, and I was staying offsite, what time would you suggest I get to the TTC for a 9:00am opening? Thanks y'all!

My experience has been that rope dropping 7DMT is difficult because the last 4 times we tried to rope drop and go straight there, it had a delayed opening and didn't open for another 45 min or so after park opening

My experience has been that rope dropping 7DMT is difficult because the last 4 times we tried to rope drop and go straight there, it had a delayed opening and didn't open for another 45 min or so after park opening
Thanks! I guess we will have to be flexible, but hope springs eternal! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter