Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Ok, good to know. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know they were holding signs.

My experience last week and the week prior was that it's all over the place - we literally saw different things nearly every time we went to any given park, so it seems they're still trying to figure things out. Right now, all the parks seems to be letting people into the park roughly 45 minutes to an hour early. Then you're held at a specific point. Different parks started running at different times. MK held everyone until park opening and didn't run anything before that official time. DHS seemed to be holding people and then running rides about 15 minutes early. Epcot held everyone until about 30 minutes before opening, but rides were running inconsistently - one day it was right away, another it wasn't until official opening time. AK held people until about 15 minutes before opening, and again started letting people ride right away one day, but not until official opening another.

My experience last week and the week prior was that it's all over the place - we literally saw different things nearly every time we went to any given park, so it seems they're still trying to figure things out. Right now, all the parks seems to be letting people into the park roughly 45 minutes to an hour early. Then you're held at a specific point. Different parks started running at different times. MK held everyone until park opening and didn't run anything before that official time. DHS seemed to be holding people and then running rides about 15 minutes early. Epcot held everyone until about 30 minutes before opening, but rides were running inconsistently - one day it was right away, another it wasn't until official opening time. AK held people until about 15 minutes before opening, and again started letting people ride right away one day, but not until official opening another.
What you described is pretty typical, and was the norm pre-Covid. MK has traditionally been the only park that doesn't open until official open. As you said Epcot can go either way. AK and HS always open a little early, usually 15-30ish minutes.

May I ask what your concerns are? My parents both use scooters when we go and we use Disney transportation. It works well. Yes, there will be a lot of people but just need to take your time and drive defensively. Many people will be considerate of the scooters but there will also be times every day when people cross closely in front of you or stop suddenly.

My parents don't use scooters anywhere else but are fine using them at Disney.

This was shared in a disabilities forum question (today’s rope Drop591970

Sorry that was my first picture. Anyway that was from today’s rope drop. Trying to imagine maneuvering that. This what worried me LOL. Maybe it’s not as bad as it looks.

MK GF/Poly Walking Path Question-

There are presently signs set up at GF that say the walking path is open 30 minutes before park opening.

I also read that people are often let trough the tapstiles before 8:30 and held inside at internal ropes.

What time can you really walk to MK in the morning?

Where are they holding you before being allowed to proceed? What time were you allowed to proceed?

Were you part of the first groups to make it to the tapstile or did your "release time" actually seem to cause you to be behind large groups of people from the busses?

What has your rope dropping experience been lately?

Thanks in advance for your story.

Will be walking to MK on Saturday, 7/31.

I actually walked the path from GF to MK today.
It seems you can walk early up to the security checkpoint where they will hold you.
II talked to a security CM at the check point and he said they generally let people through at about 810/815.

But.......today they let people through closer to 8am

At 807am I saw about 200-300 people at the tapstiles and the monorail was letting off people by then.

My plans are to rope drop MK twice during our August 3-9 trip. We are staying at BC and will have a car. I also have an ADR at CR (11AM) one of those days and GF (1PM) on the other. Any thoughts on my most hassle free but still be as close to the front of the pack transportation option- bus, drive to either or both resorts, or drive to TTC? TIA for your thoughts.

My plans are to rope drop MK twice during our August 3-9 trip. We are staying at BC and will have a car. I also have an ADR at CR (11AM) one of those days and GF (1PM) on the other. Any thoughts on my most hassle free but still be as close to the front of the pack transportation option- bus, drive to either or both resorts, or drive to TTC? TIA for your thoughts.
Bus to MK. Arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before official park opening time.

You generally aren't moving THROUGH a crowd like that. That's either a rope drop crowd or a crowd waiting for fireworks. If you're trying to move through that crowd you're sort of cutting in line anyway.

ok so you are more or less in a holding pattern. Got it!

Thanks!! So you don't think driving to either resort will provide much of an advantage?
Definitely not because your ADRs are not early in the morning. Both times you would need to drive to the TTC, take transportation to MK and then walk/take Disney transportation to CR or GF for your dining reservations. You are not allowed to park at a resort for a dining reservation except for the 2 hour window during your reservation. Before and after your ADR your vehicle must be parked in a park parking lot which for the MK is the TTC.

We have two days in HS and will rope drop both. Which two attractions should be prioritize for rope drop? The attractions we want to be sure to hit are: Slinky, Smugglers Run, Mickey and Minnie, Tower of Terror, and Midway Mania.

We have two Hollywood Studios days for our August trip scheduled and plan on rope dropping Smuggler's Run the one day. Just curious which direction is recommended when going through the park. Looks like you can get there through Toy Story Land, while also going through the Muppets theater side. We haven't been to Disney since before the Star Wars land opened.

Any recommendations?

The 2nd HS day, we plan to rope drop Mickey Railway.

We have two Hollywood Studios days for our August trip scheduled and plan on rope dropping Smuggler's Run the one day. Just curious which direction is recommended when going through the park. Looks like you can get there through Toy Story Land, while also going through the Muppets theater side. We haven't been to Disney since before the Star Wars land opened.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Any recommendations?

I’m pretty sure they guide you to the Grand Avenue (Muppets) entrance in the morning so that the throngs wanting SDD and other Toy Story Land attractions can be guided to the right.

When we were there, you were held near the Sunset BLVD, then released. 2 large groups, 1 headed to TSL and SDD and the other to MFSR. The rest seemed split MMRR, ToT, RnRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter