Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the experience like getting one of the first boats from Dolphin to HS? How early do you need to be at the dock?

What time should I start walking from CR to MK if I want to have the walking advantage of being at the front of the line? Posted hours tomorrow are 9am so thinking 8:15 RD.

We are currently at the holding area for CR walkers to MK. We left to walk over at 7:39am for a 9am official, maybe 8:15? real open. I did not realize there was a holding area; I thought if you walked from CR you went right up to entry. Curious if this is to equitize entry for all guests? The monorail, for example, appears to be working.

For those with this plan, we made an ADR at Wave. The guard asked for our reservation and check our last name against their records. They did not check number of people. We Uber-Ed, but it was really tough to find an Uber. We had four phones trying all different car levels.

Attachments

• FBD80447-09F6-4520-96F5-53FF89C558C9.jpeg
    FBD80447-09F6-4520-96F5-53FF89C558C9.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 31

We are currently at the holding area for CR walkers to MK. We left to walk over at 7:39am for a 9am official, maybe 8:15? real open. I did not realize there was a holding area; I thought if you walked from CR you went right up to entry. Curious if this is to equitize entry for all guests? The monorail, for example, appears to be working.

For those with this plan, we made an ADR at Wave. The guard asked for our reservation and check our last name against their records. They did not check number of people. We Uber-Ed, but it was really tough to find an Uber. We had four phones trying all different car levels.

Thanks for the report. Yeah, the CR and GF walkways get “held” up until the point the temp check/security stations are fully staffed and they’re ready to let people in. Disney would rather keep everyone held/in line at their respective entry points as long as they can vs unabated access to the front/main entrance. A trickle vs a flood, if you will.

Let us know what time you start moving, if you have a second.

Enjoy your day!

We’re staying at the fort in May and I’m not sure what the best way is to make rope drop at mk. We will have a car but would like to take the boat. Are the boats running early enough?

As a Disney travel planning site, discussions about Disney's policies and rules are very welcome here. However, discussions of or instructions for ways to circumvent those rules or "cheat the system" are not appropriate and will be deleted.

Does the Parking lot open soon enough to make it to rope drop at MK by driving in?
I also have this question. We will have a car and would prefer to drive, but really want to make rope drop at MK. We are staying at the Riviera and now I’m debating which transportation method gives us the best chance.

I also have this question. We will have a car and would prefer to drive, but really want to make rope drop at MK. We are staying at the Riviera and now I’m debating which transportation method gives us the best chance.
This question was answered in the post right below it.

Yes as normally guests who park and travel to the MK via monorail or ferry arrive approx the same time the buses start dropping off and walking guests from nearby resorts arrive also. Everyone is held at their respective locations so that all forms of transportation arrive at almost the same time and by then the temp checks and tap stiles are open.

So Magic Kingdom it doesn't sound like it matters if you drive and take monorail/boat or you take the Disney bus, either way you get to MK around the same time. And I assume if you UBER to transportation center.

What about Animal Kingdom?
How early are they letting people drive in?
We want to drive over and don't want to get turned away.

Is this standard procedure if you’re staying at Pop Century or an All star resort? You have to line up for the bus TWO HOURS prior to the park opening?!?!?!

I intend to be on the first bus tomorrow to rope drop MK. I was planning to do it this morning but I am not moving from this bed. LOL. I am at Pop now and the app shows a MK bus coming at 6:44 with a 7:04 arrival at Magic.

What time did they officially let you in after being held at walkway?

All transportation for all parks are being synced to arrive at approx the same time. However you choose to arrive, you will get there at approx the same time. Currently there does not appear to be one formthat has an advantage over the other.

One day the first into a park by a couple minutes may be one form of transportation but the next day it may be another. Transportation is being coordinated to hold guests until the parks are ready for guests to enter.

Cars appear to be turned away from the gates if they arrive 70 mins before park opening but this can change by a few mins too.

Those taking Disney transportation of bus or Skyliner are recommended to arrive at their transportation approx 90 mins before park opening to line up, waiting for transportation to actually start running approx 45-60 mins (give or take) before park opening.

I intend to be on the first bus tomorrow to rope drop MK. I was planning to do it this morning but I am not moving from this bed. LOL. I am at Pop now and the app shows a MK bus coming at 6:44 with a 7:04 arrival at Magic.
Wow that’s early but good to know. Guess I’ll be getting up early then 😂

Wow that’s early but good to know. Guess I’ll be getting up early then 😂

Wait.... The app is now showing bus info and it's accurate?

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, if you drive to Magic Kingdom I don't think you get to park right there. I think you have to park at the TTC and monorail over... possibly giving the advantage to walkers, bus riders, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter