Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

I just checked the park reservation system and there seem to be 3 choices: tickets / resort hotels / AP. When I check under AP (and yes, I have an active one), the park I want for that day is green. Am I safe in canceling the reservation I have (for a different park) and rebooking? Of course I'm nervous about doing it, since I don't want to lose the reservation I already have. The park I want to go to that day wasn't available when I originally booked last week.

ETA: I'm a bit concerned about this because when I made all the park reservations last week, I'm wondering if the system didn't take my AP into consideration, since I see that the park I want for that day is green in the AP section but unavailable in the "resort" category.

ETA2: I have a resort reservation for that day. I get the feeling that the system will look at the resort availability and not the AP availability and I won't be able to make the rez. Yes? No?

Thank you!

Last edited:
ETA2: I have a resort reservation for that day. I get the feeling that the system will look at the resort availability and not the AP availability and I won't be able to make the rez. Yes? No?
The online system will default to Resort guest and not allow you to book a reservation from the AP bucket. You will have to call, they can do it for you over the phone.

The online system will default to Resort guest and not allow you to book a reservation from the AP bucket. You will have to call, they can do it for you over the phone.
@lanejudy: Thank you so much! Now I must ask--is this the regular WDW reservation number? Or do I have to call a special line? And I'd be calling for myself and my sister, who's staying with me at the resort and who also has an AP.

@lanejudy: Thank you so much! Now I must ask--is this the regular WDW reservation number? Or do I have to call a special line? And I'd be calling for myself and my sister, who's staying with me at the resort and who also has an AP.
I would try the AP line first. It may have a shorter hold.

I would try the AP line first. It may have a shorter hold.
Thank you again, @lanejudy! You've been a great help. Much appreciated.

ETA Update: The AP line worked. Hurrah! They changed our park reservation. A mere 69-minute, in total, call, most of it spent on hold. But well worth it.

Details: We're staying at the GF and wanted to go to MK on our last day, especially since we were able to snag a rez for GFC for lunch. But MK isn't available to resort guests even though it is available to APs.

Many many thanks, @lanejudy. A year and a half ago I was a WDW expert. Now I'm a novice again. But looking forward to our upcoming trip.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before . I made my ticket reservations on the My Disney Experience site and selected my wife as the other guest in the party. Picked the dates and parks and when done, went back to my plans, only see me listed for the park. What did I do wrong as I cannot get back in to add her so she shows up. She does show up on the resort reservation. We have the same reservation number for the tickets.

My 25 yr old daughter and her friend brought 3 day WDW theme parks.

They want to go to Magic Kingdom and Hollwood Studios - but almost all of the second half of June - no availability.

Should they check every day to see if there is availability?

I would presume there is no wait list option?

Any way to get email notices about new availability?

My 25 yr old daughter and her friend brought 3 day WDW theme parks.

They want to go to Magic Kingdom and Hollwood Studios - but almost all of the second half of June - no availability.

Should they check every day to see if there is availability?

I would presume there is no wait list option?

Any way to get email notices about new availability?

Your question has been merged with Everything Park Reservations thread. Post 1 has helpful information to address your situation.

Unfortunately there are no wait list options nor a way to get emails with availability. Try, try, try is best.

I apologize if I missed this somewhere - but, how far in advance can you make a reservation?

I apologize if I missed this somewhere - but, how far in advance can you make a reservation?
Theme park reservations can currently be booked through 2022. Presumably 2023 reservations will be available once those tickets are available.

We have park reservations for the last week of May but I am wanting to buy tickets for our parents to join us however there are currently no reservations available at the parks we are scheduled to visit. Lots of people have said the calendar doesn't provide real time availability, but I can't see the realtime availability since I haven't purchased tickets for them yet. Is it worth it to go ahead and buy the tickets so I have access to that? What if nothing ever opens up? Is there a way to save their unused tickets for a future trip?

Last edited:
Interesting that first week of June, HS has opened up except for Saturday/Sunday, but MK is fully booked. I do not recall seeing days before where anything filled up before HS (except 7/4 and around 10/1).

Makes me wonder if this was a dump of AP reservations, or an increase in capacity?

We are going the 5th for just 2 nights then a few at Universal resort, were going to blizzard beach one day and epcot anther and I was hoping to add one more park day either when we get in or the after blizzard beach but no park available :( I keep checking buit no change. But for AP holders it shows parks available. Wondering the chance sometthing will open?

We have park reservations for the last week of May but I am wanting to buy tickets for our parents to join us however there are currently no reservations available at the parks we are scheduled to visit. Lots of people have said the calendar doesn't provide real time availability, but I can't see the realtime availability since I haven't purchased tickets for them yet. Is it worth it to go ahead and buy the tickets so I have access to that? What is nothing ever opens up? Is there a way to save their unused tickets for a future trip?

Unused tickets expire, but their value does not and can be used toward a future ticket purchase.

I have read this entire thread and have not seen this asked. I'll try and simplify my question as much as possible :)

We have a big family trip trip planned (22 of us) staying off property at a VRBO 5/29-6/6. I am the only one in our party with an AP, everyone else has a 6-Day Disney Ticket and 2 Day Universal. All park reservations have been booked and I have booked my first 3 (all I can book with an AP). Although all of June is green with all parks available for APs, I am getting super nervous about not being able to enter the parks with the rest of my group.

I want to purchase a 2 Day Disney ticket for myself so that I can then make 2 more park reservations, but don't know if Disney would still see me as an AP and only allow 3, not allow 3 of AP and an additional 2 for the ticket. Also because of current availability I would ned to book the following:
5/30 - Ticket Reservation (currently AP)
5/31 - AP Reservation
6/1 - Ticket Reservation (currently AP)
6/4 - AP Reservation (currently nothing)
6/5 - AP reservation (currently nothing)

Anyone have any other recommendations? I am more than willing to spend the additional $280 to eliminate the anxiety I feel every time I check park availability.

I have read this entire thread and have not seen this asked. I'll try and simplify my question as much as possible :)

We have a big family trip trip planned (22 of us) staying off property at a VRBO 5/29-6/6. I am the only one in our party with an AP, everyone else has a 6-Day Disney Ticket and 2 Day Universal. All park reservations have been booked and I have booked my first 3 (all I can book with an AP). Although all of June is green with all parks available for APs, I am getting super nervous about not being able to enter the parks with the rest of my group.

I want to purchase a 2 Day Disney ticket for myself so that I can then make 2 more park reservations, but don't know if Disney would still see me as an AP and only allow 3, not allow 3 of AP and an additional 2 for the ticket. Also because of current availability I would ned to book the following:
5/30 - Ticket Reservation (currently AP)
5/31 - AP Reservation
6/1 - Ticket Reservation (currently AP)
6/4 - AP Reservation (currently nothing)
6/5 - AP reservation (currently nothing)

Anyone have any other recommendations? I am more than willing to spend the additional $280 to eliminate the anxiety I feel every time I check park availability.

I would recommend asking this question on the Tickets thread. The one thing I did notice about your question is that all dates are green for APs. My understanding is that if you purchase a 2-day ticket, you would be pulling from the 'Theme Park Tickets' bucket so your availability is different than the AP availability.

I want to purchase a 2 Day Disney ticket for myself so that I can then make 2 more park reservations, but don't know if Disney would still see me as an AP and only allow 3, not allow 3 of AP and an additional 2 for the ticket.
If you buy a regular ticket you should be able to book park reservations for that ticket in addition to 3 for the AP; if the system is being finicky it may require a call.

@scrappinginontario is correct that you will need to pay attention to what bucket has availability for which park each day and plan your ticket dates by that. Two 1-day tickets is nearly the same price as a 2-day, so that is an option.

Also I noticed you mentioned the rest of your party has 6-day tickets but you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter