• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

The first day we arrive we will most likely not get to the park before 2 pm. Do we have to go to the park we reserved if we have park hoppers?

Thank you,
Jean

I can switch reservations but I have no idea where we want to go. I am a DLR person and if you show up after 1 pm (park hopping time in Cali) you can go where ever you want.

I am struggling with where we want to go when...

The first day we arrive we will most likely not get to the park before 2 pm. Do we have to go to the park we reserved if we have park hoppers?

Thank you,
Jean
Your question has been merged with Everything Park Hopping. Post 1 has a lot of information re: hopping.

Yes, you must tap into the park where you have a reservation first, regardless of what time it is.

The one difference re: hopping at WDW compared to DL is the distance between the parks. Travelling between parks takes time. You may wish to choose only one park for the first day rather than hopping.

Our family likes to start our trip in the Magic Kingdom, especially if our first day is a partial day.

Your question has been merged with Everything Park Hopping. Post 1 has a lot of information re: hopping.

Yes, you must tap into the park where you have a reservation first, regardless of what time it is.

The one difference re: hopping at WDW compared to DL is the distance between the parks. Travelling between parks takes time. You may wish to choose only one park for the first day rather than hopping.

Our family likes to start our trip in the Magic Kingdom, especially if our first day is a partial day.
Thank you
I am at a total loss as to where to start and stop. MK is not really on our list except if the kids (DD26 and BF 27) want to pop over there at some point. DH is coming with us. He swore off Disney 10 years ago so I was really surprised but he is interested in technology and wants to see the state of art rides and how it utilizes technology. Day 1 I am thinking we will go to Hollywood first and do the Star wars rides (other then DH we have done these many times but he hasn't) and then go to Epcot for dinner and late night. Day 2 we hope to do a VIP tour and let them sort out the itinerary. Day 3 - I am at a total loss because we want to do what we did not get to or want to repeat however, we won't know what that is until we are there. We are not hard core and just want to enjoy. Suggestions? Or is this not the correct place to ask this?

Thank you
I am at a total loss as to where to start and stop. MK is not really on our list except if the kids (DD26 and BF 27) want to pop over there at some point. DH is coming with us. He swore off Disney 10 years ago so I was really surprised but he is interested in technology and wants to see the state of art rides and how it utilizes technology. Day 1 I am thinking we will go to Hollywood first and do the Star wars rides (other then DH we have done these many times but he hasn't) and then go to Epcot for dinner and late night. Day 2 we hope to do a VIP tour and let them sort out the itinerary. Day 3 - I am at a total loss because we want to do what we did not get to or want to repeat however, we won't know what that is until we are there. We are not hard core and just want to enjoy. Suggestions? Or is this not the correct place to ask this?
If you’re looking for input to help plan your days I would recommend starting a thread in the ‘Theme Park Plans’ sub-forum.

I would also read some of the VIP tour threads on this broad as they’re extremely popular and can be challenging to book as there is more demand than supply.

I'm going next month on a solo trip so I decided to try hopping for the first time ever. We've been many times, but never hopped. Now that I'm 3 weeks out I'm not sure how to manage hopping. Here's my plan as of now:

Day 1- arrive, go to AK for a few hours then back to POR after park close (I was going to switch to MK but no Park Reservations that day now.) Alternatively, go to AK late just to check in (maybe FOP) then head to MK for dinner and fireworks.
Day 2 - HS --> Epcot (WS)
Day 3 - MK --> hotel for afternoon/evening
Day 4 - AK --> HS
Day 5 - Epcot (FW) --> MK

How do you decide what half of each park to see in the AM versus the PM? Epcot is easy - WS in evening and FW in morning, but what about MK and HS? I don't want to divide lands so just kinda do some from each land each time?

Help!?!?!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, if you use Genie+/ILL, you'll be hopping between lands wherever you go.

Hopping between HS and EP makes sense since there are so many easy ways to get from one to the other. Likewise, you can take the monorail from EP to MK and vice versa.

We usually hop to parks that are open later at night, so we wouldn't hop to AK necessarily.

Whichever park you choose to hop to, I'd make my Genie+/ILL for that park at 7am. Then you can stack throughout the day. When you arrive at the park, you'll have several attractions lines up already.

If you’re looking for input to help plan your days I would recommend starting a thread in the ‘Theme Park Plans’ sub-forum.

I would also read some of the VIP tour threads on this broad as they’re extremely popular and can be challenging to book as there is more demand than supply.
I did that but you merged my post to here?

Sorry, your post was on the main board and was titled park hopping.

Please start a new pist in the ‘Theme Park Plans’ sub-forum where people request assistance for their individual plans.

If I start at AK and park hop to MK can I can get back to my car? AK closes at 8:30. I want to park hop to MK but leave my car in AK parking lot and take the monorail to MK. If I stay until 11pm will the monorail still take me to AK to get my car even if it’s closed?

If I start at AK and park hop to MK can I can get back to my car? AK closes at 8:30. I want to park hop to MK but leave my car in AK parking lot and take the monorail to MK. If I stay until 11pm will the monorail still take me to AK to get my car even if it’s closed?

I’m now seeing AK is only by bus. But I still have the same question.
No, if AK closes at 8:30 you will not be able to take a bus there after MK closes. It is recommended that you take your car with you when you hop from park to park.

Is there a way that I can confirm my Genie purchase has gone through on my account. With so many issues when things aren't added even though I verbally called and made the change, or added a service.

I thought I remember seeing someone confirm this but I can’t find the thread.

Can you scan into the park you’re going to hop to prior to 2pm? I thought I saw some people say they could get in around 130-145. Can anyone confirm this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter