Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Peter Pan has been recently lasting past Noon pretty regularly. Frozen Ever After has been regularly lasting past 11:00, so being available at Noon today isn't abnormal. However, the fact that Slinky Dog Dash has lasted past Noon every day since the change allowing modifications is unusual. I suspect that isn't solely due to their allowing modifications. I suspect they also made more lightning lane reservations available for SDD. I don't have any hard evidence that is what happened, but I think it makes sense.

You can see when Genie+ reservations run out for the day here.
Thank you! This chart is much easier to read than thrill data.

Here now--and booked an extra day since there's a snowstorm in upstate NY so I figured it'd be easier to change my airplane reservation and get another night at FQ now rather than chance things tomorrow.

Yay! One extra day at WDW. That can never be bad.

Meanwhile, back at the G+ ranch, yes, you can absolutely modify a G+ reservation now. I've done it. Well, to be specific, you can do it on the Android app. I have no idea if it works on the Apple app.

There are three dots in the upper-right corner of the G+ reservation and when you touch them, Modify is one of the choices. Now here's the trick--you can only modify it to the time it gives you, so it's not like you then have a range of 5 or 6 times to choose from. You have only one choice. But that one choice helped me a couple of days ago, so I took it.

I'd like to point out something else that confused the heck out of me yesterday. My sister and I were at DHS and we were in line for MMRR twice and both times it broke down before we got on the ride, so we got anytime G+s as compensation. Everyone did, even people who didn't have G+.

When I looked on MDE, it showed not 2 but 4 anytime G+s (I hate showing LLs because that's easy to confuse with the ILL$). So I thought they'd mistakenly given each of us 4 G+s instead of 2 each.

However, no. 2 of the G+s that showed up on each of our MDEs were for the other person (2 were mine and 2 were my sister's--both on my MDE--and the same on hers). Very very confusing.

Thought I should point this out.

I have one other G+ comment, which deserves its own thread. I bought G+ today because I was at DAK and intended to park hop, so I thought it'd be useful.

Yet I really didn't need it either at DAK or at MK, the hop-to park

The lesson I learned: G+ works amazingly well when it's completely unnecessary.

There were lines for both KS and PPF, which I used it for, but neither line was so daunting that I would've minded standing in it.

Meanwhile, back at the G+ ranch, yes, you can absolutely modify a G+ reservation now. I've done it. Well, to be specific, you can do it on the Android app. I have no idea if it works on the Apple app.

A question on modifying. Did it have any impact on the two hour window? Does it restart the two hours until your next booking or has no impact on it?

A question on modifying. Did it have any impact on the two hour window? Does it restart the two hours until your next booking or has no impact on it?
I have no direct experience with this, but I hope someone else who does will answer this. From what I've read, the 2-hour window is dependent on the original booking time, but I can't confirm that.

After just getting back from our recent trip, our first time experiencing Genie +, here would be my short wish list for Genie +

1.) Make it free to Disney Resort guests, or free at least as part of some overall package (won't happen, but this is a wish list afterall)
2.) For Disney resort guests, allow one Genie + selection as currently offered at 7:00am and then allow a second one once you tap into the park. Being a resort guest, the benefit doesn't seem as great once you book a Genie + at 7:00am and then potentially have to wait until 11:00 am to book your next one. If they are going to charge an arm and a leg to stay on property, add to that value.
3) Maybe I couldn't figure it out, but I wish I could still see the Genie plus availability once I selected a ride. Meaning, I select Smuggler's Run for 10:30am, when I go into Genie + is shows me my selection and my time frame, but there were times I was considering a possible change, but I couldn't see what the current selection times were, as mine was prepopulated with my current selection.

Overall it felt like we navigated our Genie+ selections to the best of our ability. It actually was really nice our last full day we didn't go into the parks until late, we were hopping from DHS to EPCOT back to DHS. When I logged on at 7:00am Remy was out to 4:30pm, which was perfect, then later that morning I started making and piling up DHS selections. So by the time we did get to the parks we had four or more selections all T'd up and ready to go.

I bought aa Genie+ and for a 13-hour day in MK and Epcot used it at least ten times. The only line I waited in the entire trip was for Frozen, and only because they were sold out of LL that day. Made my trip extremely pleasant and blissful. No waits, just swipe.

IDK what the deal is with the two hour rule. As soon as I swiped in for one ride I was able to book another ride. By 1pm I had done LL on Space, Thunder, Splash, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates, and could have done more LL just felt like leaving and heading to Epcot. Once there I easily got LL for Remy, Test Track, Soarin', and Spaceship Earth, and then finished the day with a trip on Cosmic Rewind. Any time in between LL passes I enjoyed a drink and a snack from World Showcase.

If you're going to spend all this money going to Disney, my god, spend the $17 and make your trip completely line-free!

It did not restart my two hours earlier this week.

We had a day we weren’t going to a park until after lunch and therefore wanted ride times in the afternoon. I booked at 7:00 (ride time 10:30) and then kept pushing it back as times were taken. That allowed me to get the next reservation at first eligible and keep modifying for a stacked afternoon.

We are here today and used Genie+ for the first time. Since we arrived this morning, we decided not go out until late this afternoon/evening. We have a 3-Day Park Hopper. Today we went to AK and then rode the bus over to MK.

7:00- booked ILL$ FOP for 5:30 to 6:30
7:15- booked LL for Jingle Cruise
(After giving it some thought, I decided it would be better to book our first LL at AK. It opened at 8:00 and MK didn’t open until 9:00. That gave me an hour earlier to book our next LL. So I canceled JC and booked NR.)

7:45-booked Navi River instead
10:00-booked Jingle Cruise

12:00- booked Kilimanjaro Safari
(Eventually we switched it to Dinosaur, because it had a later return time. This did not affect me from being able to book my next LL, since it was at the same park)

2:00- booked Peter Pan
4:00-booked Splash Mountain
6:00-booked Haunted Mansion
8:00- I didn’t attempt to book another LL, so I don’t know what was available

I didn’t worry about return times when booking. I just modified them to the times we needed. Having G+ was SUPER helpful, since we didn’t rope drop today.

Last edited:
I bought aa Genie+ and for a 13-hour day in MK and Epcot used it at least ten times. The only line I waited in the entire trip was for Frozen, and only because they were sold out of LL that day. Made my trip extremely pleasant and blissful. No waits, just swipe.

IDK what the deal is with the two hour rule. As soon as I swiped in for one ride I was able to book another ride. By 1pm I had done LL on Space, Thunder, Splash, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates, and could have done more LL just felt like leaving and heading to Epcot. Once there I easily got LL for Remy, Test Track, Soarin', and Spaceship Earth, and then finished the day with a trip on Cosmic Rewind. Any time in between LL passes I enjoyed a drink and a snack from World Showcase.

If you're going to spend all this money going to Disney, my god, spend the $17 and make your trip completely line-free!
The two hour rule is important on busier days when the return times for popular attractions are more than two hours out pretty early in the day.

It is also important for people who won't be arriving in a park until later in the day.

That's what we will be facing on Marathon Weekend when family members will be participating in the various Run Disney events. We will be trying to get LL for late morning and into the afternoon. At a minimum I want to be able to get one at 7 AM, and then another two hours after park opening and each two hours after that. I wouldn't want modifying one to push back the time for getting the next one.

For example, if I am trying to get LL times at 4 PM or later at DHS, I should be able to get one for Slinky shortly after 7 by waiting for the return time to get to 5 PM or so. That usually only takes a couple of minutes. Then I can get another LL at 10:30 (2 hours after DHS opens) but there might not be anything I want with a return time as late as 4 PM. I would like to be able to book something with an earlier return time, and then modify it to a time we can use when the return time gets out that far. But, if I make that change at noon, I hope that I can still make the next one at 12:30 (2 hours after I first booked one) and not have it pushed back to 2 PM (two hours after I modified it.)

ETA: The Earscouts video posted above is very helpful at addressing these issues.

Last edited:
We are here today and used Genie+ for the first time. Since we arrived this morning, we decided not go out until late this afternoon/evening. We have a 3-Day Park Hopper. Today we went to AK and then rode the bus over to MK.

7:00- booked ILL$ FOP for 5:30 to 6:30
7:15- booked LL for Jingle Cruise
(After giving it some thought, I decided it would be better to book our first LL at AK. It opened at 8:00 and MK didn’t open until 9:00. That gave me an hour earlier to book our next LL. So I canceled JC and booked NR.)

7:45-booked Navi River instead
10:00-booked Jingle Cruise

12:00- booked Kilimanjaro Safari
(Eventually we switched it to Dinosaur, because it had a later return time. This did not affect me from being able to book my next LL, since it was at the same park)

2:00- booked Peter Pan
4:00-booked Splash Mountain
6:00-booked Haunted Mansion
8:00- I didn’t attempt to book another LL, so I don’t know what was available

I didn’t worry about return times when booking. I just modified them to the times we needed. Having G+ was SUPER helpful, since we didn’t rope drop today.
This is helpful. I hope the same applies to changing the return time of the attraction you booked.
I also hope that allowing these modifications without cancelling and rebooking will make it easier to change to earlier times as other guests move around their times.

Today we used Genie+ at HS. We just stacked them all day, since we were at Epcot all morning.

7:00- booked VQ for GOTG
7:00- booked FEA
7:05- booked ILL$ GOTG

7:30ish- we were on our way to Epcot. I noticed that SDD was already at a 5:00 return time. I was worried that LL would run out before our next booking at 11, since Epcot opened at 9:00. So I canceled our Frozen LL and booked SDD instead. That also moved us up 30 minutes earlier to book our next LL, because HS opened at 8:30.

10:30-booked R&R
12:30-booked MMRR
2:30- booked TSM
4:30- we didn’t try to book anything else, because we knew there wasn’t much left

We had no trouble modifying our return times to later in the day. At this point, we have mostly been stacking LL’s for our 2nd park that we’re hopping to. So we haven’t tried to move LL’s to an earlier time. Honestly I haven’t even seen that as an option, but I haven’t been trying to either. Genie+ has really saved us time today.

But I probably wouldn’t use LL again for MMRR. We waited 25-30 minutes before getting on. This seemed much longer than any of the other rides we’ve done using LL. I think the main issue is that LL riders merge with standby too early in the queue. I suppose it’s possible this was just an off experience. But we were hoping to get one more ride in, before HS closed. Unfortunately we didn’t get off MMRR until 9:00 on the dot. It still saved us time, but not as much as we hoped.

Here now. The first day we were here I was able to modify one LL. It has never been available again. And, the “Edit Selections” is gone—I can no longer put my attractions where my favorites appear on top. I have to go through every ride and attraction in the park in alphabetical order each time I look at the tip board. Bad change! Very time consuming.
One the plus side, we decided to sleep in on Monday and we arrived at MK at 4 PM. With stacking beginning at 7 AM, we had 4 attractions booked before we got there and were able to do 2 more that night. 6 LL-JIngle Cruise, Pirates, Peter Pan, Splash Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Meet Mickey. We did walk on Philharmagic, Small World, and Tomorrowland Speedway. We left before 10PM. I call that a great day at MK-especially during the beginning of the holidays-and we were only there 6 hours.

I hope I don't get sent to read page 1 for this because I did look and didn't see it :)

I have used G+ so I'm not a total newbie, but I thought in reading over the last few days that on site resort guests had the ability to book their second LL 2 hours after the Early Theme Park Entry.

Is that something new?

In other words, I know I get to book the first at 7am, but if I have access to Early Theme park entry and I can enter the park at 8:30, do I get to book 2 hours after my entry or General Park Opening?

Thank you for answering!

I hope I don't get sent to read page 1 for this because I did look and didn't see it :)

I have used G+ so I'm not a total newbie, but I thought in reading over the last few days that on site resort guests had the ability to book their second LL 2 hours after the Early Theme Park Entry.

Is that something new?

In other words, I know I get to book the first at 7am, but if I have access to Early Theme park entry and I can enter the park at 8:30, do I get to book 2 hours after my entry or General Park Opening?

Thank you for answering!
You can still only book your second ride 2hrs after official park opening. So if Epcot opens at 8:30am for onsite guests, and 9am for everyone else, you can book your next ride 2hrs after official park opening (which would be 11am). HTH!

You can still only book your second ride 2hrs after official park opening. So if Epcot opens at 8:30am for onsite guests, and 9am for everyone else, you can book your next ride 2hrs after official park opening (which would be 11am). HTH!
Yes, thank you...that would have been another nice new perk for onsite guests....oh well!

Reactions: CJK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter