• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

My family and I will be at WDW on June 25th and it is our first trip with Genie+. Does refresh actually work for LLs that are sold out for the day? I was really good at booking FPs and modify the time by refreshing my phone back in the Fastpass+ days. Does refreshing Genie+ work as well?People mention it as a strategy but I have been testing at home and refreshing for Test Track for days. I have never seen a time crop up. How long do you need to keep refreshing the tip board? I did it for ten minutes straight yesterday and didn't come up with anything.

Not always but usually, yes, it does work but it is a time commitment. If you look at Molly's videos (allearstv on YT) on the G+ challenges, you will see that she sometimes had to refresh for 40 minutes to 1hour to get what she needed (but nobody recommends that, this was a video challenges).

Also, you may see a 'sold out' LL appear but please know many others are seeing it too. Seeing it and successfully securing it are 2 very different things as many people try for the same reservation and quickest person wins.

Also, you may see a 'sold out' LL appear but please know many others are seeing it too. Seeing it and successfully securing it are 2 very different things as many people try for the same reservation and quickest person wins.
quickest person combined with quickest mobile and internet/data connexion

I appreciate the feedback.

For Epcot, I had planned to book Remy at 7am and then book Test Track at 10:30 but it seems to be sold out by that time. I had considered not getting another LL at 10:30 so i would be eligible to grab a TT LL when it popped up . Based on feedback, it seems like that is not the best strategy. Would I be better off just planning on riding TT standby at the end of the night (hopefully it won't be closed due to weather) and not worry about trying to get the LL at all?

Is "early" access to ILL$ for resort guests available on the day of check in (and necessarily before you have checked in)?

Are the 7:11-7:15 “drops” a thing of the past for ROTR and other ILL$? I have been trying to check randomly and not really seeing them?
I am going back end of July and randomly checking as well and still do not see any drops. Hoping it gets less busy and they come back. I also lost my edit button which makes refreshing a pain

I am going back end of July and randomly checking as well and still do not see any drops. Hoping it gets less busy and they come back. I also lost my edit button which makes refreshing a pain
Rise was still available at 8:05 this morning but looking at wait times and other LL availability maybe it’s a lower crowd day?

I lost my Edit button too. Wonder what's up with that? Hope they put it back

I lost my Edit button too. Wonder what's up with that? Hope they put it back
My Edit button is gone too. I remember having to do something initially to get it there. Was wondering if there is a timeout and need to do that again? (But don't remember what I did). Does anyone still have it? It definitely would help speed things up when actually booking.

My Edit button is gone too. I remember having to do something initially to get it there. Was wondering if there is a timeout and need to do that again? (But don't remember what I did). Does anyone still have it? It definitely would help speed things up when actually booking.
I just went into MDE and redid my top picks to see if I reset that might help but nope! Hoping it comes back. They sure don't make anything easy yet I keep paying to go lol.

I haven't had Edit Selections link for quite some time. But if I click on Standby Line and then go back, it stays on the same attraction.

More cumbersome than pinning attraction to top of Tip Board (because it doesn't allow for a quick refresh, at least not that I can figure out), but at least it keeps the attraction showing on the screen.

Waiting for our flight out of Mco and wanted to post a few thoughts. I really enjoyed Genie Plus. We purchased it every day, and usually one ILL a day. we almost always hopped to a different park at night. I had great luck stacking attactions for DHS at night, and also at MK. I was able to refresh (fiddle-faddle) for sold out LL for TT one day, and Remy another day. I probably spent 5-10 minutes refreshing to get them. I also did NOT have them pinned to the top because for some reason I couldn't get that to work for me. I also snagged an anytime LL because I noticed Philharmagic was down but had a LL available to book in 5 minutes. I booked it, it was still down and about 8 minutes later we got a LL to use at almost any attraction.
I was a little nervous on how Genie would work, but I felt like we got to ride a lot without a lot of waiting, and I liked the flexibility of the system. I wasn't crazy about waking up at 7 every morning to book, I usually was nervous I would oversleep and kept waking up to check the time. But, I also don't have a better solution either. We go every June and it was nice not having to wait standby for everything with kids like last last year. My Dh said the kids are spoiled now 🙂

First page says two people from your group can be logged into the same MDE account at the same time to make ILL and regular LL reservations at 7 am. Has anyone had good luck with this? Would like to try this at 7 am but don't want things to get buggy at 7 am.

The “Edit Selections” button was there for me all weekend. I’ll say, crowds did not feel bad all the past three days with the exception being MK.

G+ availability was plentiful, especially when refreshing. Grabbed Remy at 2:40pm for a 3:45 return time after it being booked solid before park open. Rise and Guardians both showed ILL$ availability for sometime.

Husband is logged in as me on his device, so we can both browse simultaneously. He booked Guardians VQ while I booked Guardians ILL$. No glitches, and allowed us to ride in the morning and then the late afternoon.

First page says two people from your group can be logged into the same MDE account at the same time to make ILL and regular LL reservations at 7 am. Has anyone had good luck with this? Would like to try this at 7 am but don't want things to get buggy at 7 am.
Yes, many have reported being able to do this without any problems.

Thanks for confirming recen experience @cjlong88.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter