Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

i read the first few pages but my eyes started crossing--if i have a family of 4 and two of us want a Genie+ ressie for a rollercoaster and two of us want a genie+ ressie for another tamer attraction, is that something that we can do at once or do we have to prioritize one over the other? I know i am able to select who is a part of which reservation but if my avatar and my daughters is booked for a return attraction, can i immediately book a selection for my husband and my son?

Just saw a change to advance purchasing of Genie + in the Disney Prks Blog

“With the launch of new bookings, we will also make an adjustment to how guests purchase Disney Genie+ service, which remains popular and in high demand amongst our guests. From the beginning, our goal has been to launch, learn and evolve as we see how guests are using this service.

Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be offered for purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit – we will no longer offer the option to purchase this service pre-arrival as a ticket add-on for dates remaining in 2022 and in 2023.

This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability. We’re focused on delivering the best possible guest experience, and this adjustment will help manage the incredibly strong demand our guests have shown for Disney Genie+.”

I've seen it mentioned in another thread, but I think it should be mentioned here that Guardians is confirmed as an ILL starting May 27 and Remy will move to Genie + from May 31-August 7.

1652887747840.png

We were in the parks last week from 5/9-5/13. I went in being very stressed about Genie+ and whether or not we could do all the rides we wanted, and i am happy to report that everything ended up being very smooth thanks to the tips in this thread!
The key for us was basically knowing which rides will have the worst return times/ longest waits/ G+ availability ahead of time. I personally used this twitter account to check how the days prior had been: @WDWWait
I started each day booking my $ILL at 7am and had my partner make our first G+ reservation at the same time, prioritizing one of the ones that will "sell out" first for the earliest possible time. Once we had the heavy hitters out of the way, everything was smooth sailing for the rest of the day and it never felt overwhelming. We ended up doing standby for very few rides and had plenty of time to enjoy the parks. There were actually a few moments where we could make another G+ reservation, but were struggling to find ones we hadn't done (Only one G+ per ride allowed unfortunately). Overall it was a great time! Hopefully this helps anyone that was feeling as stressed as i was before our trip.

We were in the parks last week from 5/9-5/13. I went in being very stressed about Genie+ and whether or not we could do all the rides we wanted, and i am happy to report that everything ended up being very smooth thanks to the tips in this thread!
The key for us was basically knowing which rides will have the worst return times/ longest waits/ G+ availability ahead of time. I personally used this twitter account to check how the days prior had been: @WDWWait we
I started each day booking my $ILL at 7am and had my partner make our first G+ reservation at the same time, prioritizing one of the ones that will "sell out" first for the earliest possible time. Once we had the heavy hitters out of the way, everything was smooth sailing for the rest of the day and it never felt overwhelming. We ended up doing standby for very few rides and had plenty of time to enjoy the parks. There were actually a few moments where we could make another G+ reservation, but were struggling to find ones we hadn't done (Only one G+ per ride allowed unfortunately). Overall it was a great time! Hopefully this helps anyone that was feeling as stressed as i was before our trip.
Our experience as well- we kept booking all day long and into the night when MK closed at 11. Our biggest barrier has been the continual ride breakdowns/closures- ToT, RnR, Smuggler's, Pirates, and Winnie X 2, so far (we've done 3 park days).

My family is going in August for a week, with one MNSSHP, one day at Typhoon Lagoon and two park days with hoppers. The plan is DHS and hop to Epcot and the second day AK to MK. Am I correct we can buy a ILL for each park when hopping? I also plan to get Genie+ though I am still reading over and over trying to get it figured out (it seems very confusing but maybe makes more sense when actually using it).

My family is going in August for a week, with one MNSSHP, one day at Typhoon Lagoon and two park days with hoppers. The plan is DHS and hop to Epcot and the second day AK to MK. Am I correct we can buy a ILL for each park when hopping? I also plan to get Genie+ though I am still reading over and over trying to get it figured out (it seems very confusing but maybe makes more sense when actually using it).
Yes, you can buy two ILLs per day and they do not have to be in the same park (assuming you can park hop). Prior to August 7, you would be unable to buy two in the same park anyway, except at Epcot next weekend.

For those trying to purchase Genie + for your entire ticket length you CAN add it on the website. I did not realize this and was having issues on the app trying to add it to one in our party. I was able to purchase it for ALL 9 of us (even though we have 3 different people managing accounts) on the website.

Go to My Plans and Tickets
Click over to My Tickets
Each ticket should have, under each person's ticket in your friends/family/travel party, CHANGE TICKET (in blue).
Click on that, scroll down to ADD GENIE +

Then just click through the screen.

I had been trying to do this for a couple of weeks and no one on chat knew what to do (including IT that I talked to) until Craig on chat a little while ago. SO shout out to Craig from chat!

We bought our tickets last year before Genie + was a thing so could not add that at the time. So glad that's done!

For those trying to purchase Genie + for your entire ticket length you CAN add it on the website. I did not realize this and was having issues on the app trying to add it to one in our party. I was able to purchase it for ALL 9 of us (even though we have 3 different people managing accounts) on the website.

Click over to My Tickets
Each ticket should have, under each person's ticket in your friends/family/travel party, CHANGE TICKET (in blue).

I had been trying to do this for a couple of weeks and no one on chat knew what to do (including IT that I talked to) until Craig on chat a little while ago. SO shout out to Craig from chat!

We bought our tickets last year before Genie + was a thing so could not add that at the time. So glad that's done!

Thanks for the tip, am going to try this later!

Yes, you can buy two ILLs per day and they do not have to be in the same park (assuming you can park hop). Prior to August 7, you would be unable to buy two in the same park anyway, except at Epcot next
That's a big help! We'll just have to strategize how to get the ILL for DHS earlier in the day and Epcot later in the day, otherwise our plans will be messed up.

So just to make sure- Guardians hour $ILL soon an Remy will also be $ILL - the only park thst will have 2 until August 7 - and we have NO idea what will happen after August 7, correct? We go September 10 so I’m trying to figure it all out

So just to make sure- Guardians hour $ILL soon an Remy will also be $ILL - the only park thst will have 2 until August 7 - and we have NO idea what will happen after August 7, correct? We go September 10 so I’m trying to figure it all out
Guardians becomes an ILL on May 27. From May 27-30, both Guardians and Remy will be ILLs at Epcot. From May 31-August 7, Remy will be a Genie +. You are correct that we don't know what happens after August 7.

1653170625133.png

We've been here since 5/18, have genie+ w park hopper. We've been doing this since the paper fast pass days, my short quick feedback across the board from our entire family, never got our every park wish list of attractions done so fast and easily ever.

We've been doing one purchase a day scheduling our days around that ride and stacking Genie+ rides throughout the day as our reservation windows allow.

Even hitting up rides never do because time or daily burnout doesn't allow.

Click over to My Tickets

I wish I had figured that out. I had the same issues all week with the app. The “buy genie+” button worked one day only. I did get lucky that the morning I called (because it was my DHS day and I wanted Slinky) I didn’t wait on hold at all. It was about 6:15 when I called.

That's a big help! We'll just have to strategize how to get the ILL for DHS earlier in the day and Epcot later in the day, otherwise our plans will be messed up.
I suggest you get on the app and play around with the "tip board" and "my day" to get a feel for how information is presented. (Select the + in the bottom middle of the screen and then select the last option " my genie day and tip board.")

As for ILL times not messing up your day- when looking at ILL rides on the tip board, the next available time slot is shown. But, when you select the ride, the next screen shows you other available times and you choose. As you go through the purchase screens, the time can shift on you. This is less likely to happen if you don't pick one of the earliest available windows.

I wish I had figured that out. I had the same issues all week with the app. The “buy genie+” button worked one day only. I did get lucky that the morning I called (because it was my DHS day and I wanted Slinky) I didn’t wait on hold at all. It was about 6:15 when I called.
I'm SO glad someone was finally able to help me out. I never thought about clicking that because I didn't want to change my tickets, just add Genie +. I don't think most CM's know about it because it was the 4th or 5th person I had talked to that finally told me about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter