• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I am heading to Disney in June, haven't been on these boards in several years and wow things are different. We went last for Christmas, 2019. My question is about the mobilemagic tickets and accessing lightning lanes. On my Disney experience i see tickets for me and my 2 kids and have downloaded them to Google pay. My husband also has a ticket, but I can't access it and in his my Disney experience he only sees his ticket. I don't ride coasters (motion sickness) so I'm often waiting while they ride things. Will that even be possible if he can't access their tickets? We have Android and Google pay, I've googled and seen only iPhone can share tickets with others. We were going to just both of in to the same account but then he won't be able to access his ticket, I don't think.
Thanks for any help!
You can link accounts. If adding him to friends and family on mde dosnt work than you can add just for genie + selections. There is an option with a qr code to add others.

You can link accounts. If adding him to friends and family on mde dosnt work than you can add just for genie + selections. There is an option with a qr code to add others.
Right, thanks. I mean physically accessing the ride though. If husband takes our 2 kids does he need their park tickets which are only on my MDE? Or is it enough that we are all linked on genie+?

These boards have been good to me so I needed to write feedback on things. First, half of my party had one day park hopper with genie plus (bought when they sold one day tickets w genie) and my son and I bought tickets later so we couldn’t add genie plus. So at 530am tried to purchase on site. I could not do it. So had to call. He was great and added super quick(lines open at 6am). He said usually any tickets that don’t match usually give problems. The number I called was 407-939-4357. Just in case anyone has different ticket types.

Imo go to guest service and get everyone a card. Dad can keep everyone's in his wallet so if your not around he still can go on rides with them.

If you have the ability, go to Disney Springs to get your cards, and hopefully the night/day before you head to the parks, I recommend that. That process can take some time, and you do not want to be doing that while the kids are wanting to head into the park! Only the person with the tickets in your party has to go, they just have to have the cc you used to purchase them (although they never checked that on mine)

Such great useful information! From what I gather, if you’re not staying on property, the likelihood of getting the ILL$ for each park is pretty much non existent when the park opens?

For us that held true. I will say, we went at the worst possible time of the year (Spring Break) I dont know if it would have been any better in say Feb? We just made sure we fast passed our other key rides, and went directly to the LL$ at rope drop to get that off our list. So for example, Remy was our first ride at Epcot, and we waited 1.5 hrs.

If you have the ability, go to Disney Springs to get your cards, and hopefully the night/day before you head to the parks, I recommend that. That process can take some time, and you do not want to be doing that while the kids are wanting to head into the park! Only the person with the tickets in your party has to go, they just have to have the cc you used to purchase them (although they never checked that on mine)
Good point! We are going to Disney Springs on arrival night. We are also bringing old magic bands just in case. Thanks for the help!

For us that held true. I will say, we went at the worst possible time of the year (Spring Break) I dont know if it would have been any better in say Feb? We just made sure we fast passed our other key rides, and went directly to the LL$ at rope drop to get that off our list. So for example, Remy was our first ride at Epcot, and we waited 1.5 hrs.
I think that’s going to be our plan also!

Good point! We are going to Disney Springs on arrival night. We are also bringing old magic bands just in case. Thanks for the help!
If you have a magicband for everyone, even if it is an old one, then getting the plastic cards will be redundant. The magicbands can do everything the cards can.

Sorry but I could not find this in the initial posts…if staying onsite and purchasing 2 ILL$ for one park, May you purchase them both at 7am or is there a waiting period? Thank you.

Sorry but I could not find this in the initial posts…if staying onsite and purchasing 2 ILL$ for one park, May you purchase them both at 7am or is there a waiting period? Thank you.
Currently, you cannot purchase two ILLs for one park. There is currently only one ILL per park (Remy, Rise, Seven Dwarfs and Avatar). Back when there were two ILLs in each park, you could book them both at 7:00 if staying "onsite" (including other select hotels). Currently, if your ticket allows park hopping, you can buy two ILLs at 7:00, one at one park and one at another park.

Does anyone know if there is already a post explaining how to do late arrival Genie+ stacking but not parking hopping? I’m thinking of stacking 3 rides in the afternoon early evening and just arriving to the park maybe around 11am and having lunch and doing some lower priority rides until our Genie+ times? I know I will need to watch return times at 7am until they get pushed out far enough - like Peter Pan, Slinky Dog, etc.

I also feel like someone mentioned stacking a few then booking a ride with an earlier return time to start a book/ride pattern. Am I understanding this correctly?

Does anyone know if there is already a post explaining how to do late arrival Genie+ stacking but not parking hopping? I’m thinking of stacking 3 rides in the afternoon early evening and just arriving to the park maybe around 11am and having lunch and doing some lower priority rides until our Genie+ times? I know I will need to watch return times at 7am until they get pushed out far enough - like Peter Pan, Slinky Dog, etc.

I also feel like someone mentioned stacking a few then booking a ride with an earlier return time to start a book/ride pattern. Am I understanding this correctly?
If you are going to arive around 11am you will be only stacking max 2. so at 7am you book one prolly slinky than if the park opens at 9am you will be able ot book the next ride at 11am.

If you are going to arive around 11am you will be only stacking max 2. so at 7am you book one prolly slinky than if the park opens at 9am you will be able ot book the next ride at 11am.

Yes sorry I do understand that. Meant to add we would just have lunch and do low priority standby stuff and shows until our times came up. Has anyone done this? I’m debating staying offsite because I just don’t think my family wants to deal with that many early mornings to be worth it. It worked better when the kids were small, but now we would rather stay until closing.

Yes sorry I do understand that. Meant to add we would just have lunch and do low priority standby stuff and shows until our times came up. Has anyone done this? I’m debating staying offsite because I just don’t think my family wants to deal with that many early mornings to be worth it. It worked better when the kids were small, but now we would rather stay until closing.
Afternoon stacking was our preferred way of doing the parks. I was up early anyway so booked the rides. My girls slept in, then we relaxed at the resort or hit the pool (we were at YC). By the time we went to the parks we had 4/5 rides lined up. Here’s an example at HS on March 8th (8:30am opening):
7am - booked SDD for 2:40pm
7:17am - booked RoTR for 2:55pm
(I originally planned to book at 7, after SDD, but my screen spun and by the time I logged back in all the times were gone. Thankfully I had been following things here so knew there would likely be another drop)
10:30am - booked TSM for 4:20pm (wanted MFSM or MMRR but nothing available)
12:30pm - booked Alien for 4:30pm
2:32pm - booked MMRR for 5:15pm (had to refresh a lot but had time on the boat to HS)
This is what we had walking into HS at 2:35pm
4B3ED085-9A19-4471-8752-6F9F9F9A853B.jpeg

DBC3474C-976B-4C51-B5D7-E583616BAB7E.jpeg
Edit: added date

Last edited:
Afternoon stacking was our preferred way of doing the parks. I was up early anyway so booked the rides. My girls slept in, then we relaxed at the resort or hit the pool (we were at YC). By the time we went to the parks we had 4/5 rides lined up. Here’s an example at HS (8:30am opening):
7am - booked SDD for 2:40pm
7:17am - booked RoTR for 2:55pm
(I originally planned to book at 7, after SDD, but my screen spun and by the time I logged back in all the times were gone. Thankfully I had been following things here so knew there would likely be another drop)
10:30am - booked TSM for 4:20pm (wanted MFSM or MMRR but nothing available)
12:30pm - booked Alien for 4:30pm
2:32pm - booked MMRR for 5:15pm (had to refresh a lot but had time on the boat to HS
This is what we had walking into HS at 2:35pm
View attachment 662748

View attachment 662749
Awesome thank you! Was this during a “slower” time?

Currently, you cannot purchase two ILLs for one park. There is currently only one ILL per park (Remy, Rise, Seven Dwarfs and Avatar). Back when there were two ILLs in each park, you could book them both at 7:00 if staying "onsite" (including other select hotels). Currently, if your ticket allows park hopping, you can buy two ILLs at 7:00, one at one park and one at another park.
Thanks. I’m looking ahead to when GotG is open (thanks foe your help on my other thread😃)

I’m sure I missed this, but if I make a Genie + reservation at say 11 am. Do I have a certain time to get there Within a certain time period? And do I have a choice of time.

I’m sure I missed this, but if I make a Genie + reservation at say 11 am. Do I have a certain time to get there Within a certain time period? And do I have a choice of time.
You get a 1hr 'window' to return to the ride. In your example, your window would be 11am to 12pm. You can enter the lightning lane for that ride between 11am and 12pm. There's a grace period of 5 minutes before, and up to 15 minutes after. With Genie+ you cannot pick a particular time. You are given the next available time slot.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter