• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Ok can someone check my plan and let me know if it seems feasible? Stats, there are 6 of us in our group, all have genie+ and Park hoppers. We are staying offsite. Youngest is 16, so we are good with going all day. We are only doing 2 days at the parks. So, here is my plan:

Monday APRIL 4 (expecting great crowds) : Plan is to start rope drop at Epcot, I have a park res for there, then Drive over to MK after 2 pm. MK is open till 11 that night. We are doing whole 2nd day at HS.

Rides we care about: Epcot- Remy, Soarin, TT, Frozen, MK - 7Dwarfs, PoC, HM, Buzzlightyear

So if I have understood how things work with Genie + and $LL, I should have myself doing things for Epcot, and someone else concentrating on MK at 7 am. My understanding is that somehow MDE will know to book anything we pick for MK after the 2pm time frame (if they are available) is that correct?

So, for MK my partner in crime will try to book: Poc or HM for first LL, as we assume 7d will be sold out, and we can do stand by if needed. Then I get confused....for MK we would not be able to book another LL till after 11 (2 hours after MK opens) or is it 9 ( 2 hours after we booked our first LL ) this is where I get confused! LOL

Mean while, I would do LL for Soarin at 7 am (as we will do stand by for Remy) and then hope to book another LL for TT. Frozen we are ok with not doing if we run out of time.

Any help, or suggestions would be great appreciated!!

Ok can someone check my plan and let me know if it seems feasible? Stats, there are 6 of us in our group, all have genie+ and Park hoppers. We are staying offsite. Youngest is 16, so we are good with going all day. We are only doing 2 days at the parks. So, here is my plan:

Monday APRIL 4 (expecting great crowds) : Plan is to start rope drop at Epcot, I have a park res for there, then Drive over to MK after 2 pm. MK is open till 11 that night. We are doing whole 2nd day at HS.

Rides we care about: Epcot- Remy, Soarin, TT, Frozen, MK - 7Dwarfs, PoC, HM, Buzzlightyear

So if I have understood how things work with Genie + and $LL, I should have myself doing things for Epcot, and someone else concentrating on MK at 7 am. My understanding is that somehow MDE will know to book anything we pick for MK after the 2pm time frame (if they are available) is that correct?

So, for MK my partner in crime will try to book: Poc or HM for first LL, as we assume 7d will be sold out, and we can do stand by if needed. Then I get confused....for MK we would not be able to book another LL till after 11 (2 hours after MK opens) or is it 9 ( 2 hours after we booked our first LL ) this is where I get confused! LOL

Mean while, I would do LL for Soarin at 7 am (as we will do stand by for Remy) and then hope to book another LL for TT. Frozen we are ok with not doing if we run out of time.

Any help, or suggestions would be great appreciated!!
Everyone can get one Genie+ LL reservation at 7:00, not one per park. You cannot get both a Soarin' reservation and a Pirates of the Caribbean reservation for everyone at 7:00. Whichever of you gets through first will make the reservations and block out the other one. If you make the first G+ reservation at MK, you can make another at 11:00, two hours after MK opens that day. If you make it at Epcot and it is for 10:30 or later (or you don't tap into it until after 10:30), you can make another at 10:30 since Epcot opens at 8:30 that day. Seven Dwarfs is a ILL$ attraction, not Genie+. You can book purchase it when the park opens since you're staying offsite. MK opens at 9:00. You do not have to wait until 11:00. You may be right that it will be sold out by 9:00. MDE will know that your park reservations are at Epcot and will book your MK LLs for 2:00 or later.

Edit to add: If your first G+ LL is at Epcot and you tap in before 10:30, you can make another after tapping in. "Tapping in" involves two touchpoints on some rides.

Last edited:
So its theoritcally possible to buy G+ and only use it for 1-2 rides due to crowds???

That
is
Insane.

So its theoritcally possible to buy G+ and only use it for 1-2 rides due to crowds???

That
is
Insane.

We were there during sold out days at all parks a couple weeks ago, and the three times we used it we got 5. We used it for mk, ep, and hs. HS was harder to get 5. After the first three we had to refresh a lot to get something good (star tours was the only thing always available). I don’t think you’d only get 1/2 unless you aren’t planning on being in the parks long. I guess it’s possible but imo very unlikely.

Yes, but when the parks are so crowded that you can only get 2 LLs, those 2 LLs could easily save you more than an hour wait in each of those 2 standby lines. Standby wait times have also been insane.
Man thats just sad.

Not quite 10 am, and look at the attractions with 60 or more minute Standby lines:

Rise of Resistance
Jungle Cruise
Seven Dwarfs
Remy
Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog
Flight of Passage
Toy Story Mania
Frozen
Peter Pan
Safari
Rock n Roller Coaster
Millenium Falcon
Test Track
Navi River Journey
Mickey & Minnie Railway
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
Alien Saucers

I realize that wait times are inflated, but these numbers are still a bit daunting.

So I picked a LL for 7dmt for 7. It changed to 7:20, which is fine. But then it moved to 8:30 after I booked. Is that typical?

if you cancel a genie+ booking are you able to rebook it again that day or is it unavailable to you again?

Last edited:
So I picked a LL for 7dmt for 7. It changed to 7:20, which is fine. But then it moved to 8:30 after I booked. Is that typical?

if you cancel a genie+ booking are you able to rebook it again that day or is it unavailable to you again?
For clarity, 7DMT is $ILL not G+.

Your experience with shifting times for the 7DMT $ILL is not uncommon especially if you are booking at a busy time (eg 7AM).

If you cancel a G+ booking you should be able to rebook it again later as long as you do it before the return window. $ILL's can't be canceled.

Attractions that are G+ bookings may be cancelled and an attempt made to rebook.

7DMT is a paid, ILL$ attraction which is non-refundable. You can go to a blue umbrella before your return time and attempt to request a refund but they are not always given.

My experience with G+ was much the same as your experience with ILL$ in that the time changes between selection and acceptance but to the best of my knowledge, with Genie+, the revised return time is displayed before I hit my final selection acceptance button. Not sure if it's the same or different for ILL$ purchases.

Attractions that are G+ bookings may be cancelled and an attempt made to rebook.

7DMT is a paid, ILL$ attraction which is non-refundable. You can go to a blue umbrella before your return time and attempt to request a refund but they are not always given.

My experience with G+ was much the same as your experience with ILL$ in that the time changes between selection and acceptance but to the best of my knowledge, with Genie+, the revised return time is displayed before I hit my final selection acceptance button. Not sure if it's the same or different for ILL$ purchases.

Yes, my question was concerning two different things. It seems like I’m pretty much stuck with the ILL time that’s given to me after I paid. I don’t like that you don’t know what you’re getting for a paid reservation. It wasn’t a huge deal but oh well. The genie+ times are changing for me but I can usually back out and it bounces times around until I find one I prefer.

I realize that wait times are inflated, but these numbers are still a bit daunting.

I just want to point out that when we were there recently we found the wait times were about on spot. Within maybe 5-10 minutes. I know others have had different experiences, but other than end of night (or while fireworks were going off) we waited pretty much what was posted.

Personally I’ve always looked at G+ as a paid FP+ service and will go into our visit being ok with getting 3 LL a day for certain parks. Especially previously tiered parks. You can do way more than 3 at MK.

I've seen different posts in ref to how to work the Genie + system and I'm still confused, and I was hoping someone out there could give me a dummy version for how to use it?
Can you also tell me when you can add Genie + to your day? that morning before the 7am timeframe to book a reservation? If you buy a ticket with genie+ attached to it where does it show you that? i can use any help figuring this whole new system out and also if any one happens to know of a great post that explains Genie+ real well, like a dummy version, lol that would work too.
Can you also help me with your experiences on which days and parks people have found Genie+ was the better deal?

thanks
ctc917

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter