• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

With the ILL drops throughout the day, it would be great if Disney allowed those who have already paid for return windows to check for earlier times.

ROTR gave me a 1:15-2:15 return time today at 7:00 AM. When I paid, it turned into a 7:55-8:55 PM return.It must be terrible for guest relations cast hearing about this exact same issue day after day.

Party size: 2

The 7:17 strategy worked out well for obtaining early ILL return times for both FOP and SDMT on March 20. I managed to snag a return time shortly after 9 for SDMT and after 3 for FOP.

So with this 7:17 strategy do people think there is some algorithm built into G+ and ILL$ that allows it to evaluate the immediate 7AM rush which often pushes returns immediately into the later part of the day. Once the initial rush is evaluated and earlier times are found to be available they then open up. Sort of a way to evenly distribute passes and the crowds throughout the day. Theoretically the earlier you book the more availability at anytime should be possible but maybe it intentionally isn't since they expect many will want earlier times.

With the ILL drops throughout the day, it would be great if Disney allowed those who have already paid for return windows to check for earlier times.

ROTR gave me a 1:15-2:15 return time today at 7:00 AM. When I paid, it turned into a 7:55-8:55 PM return.It must be terrible for guest relations cast hearing about this exact same issue day after day.

Party size: 2

The 7:17 strategy worked out well for obtaining early ILL return times for both FOP and SDMT on March 20. I managed to snag a return time shortly after 9 for SDMT and after 3 for FOP.

Do you recall if the page just before the Payment page showed 7:55-8:55? Or was it something between 1:15 and 7:55 (I assume that if you started with 1:15, the time changed to something later just prior to the Payment page.)

So with this 7:17 strategy do people think there is some algorithm built into G+ and ILL$ that allows it to evaluate the immediate 7AM rush which often pushes returns immediately into the later part of the day. Once the initial rush is evaluated and earlier times are found to be available they then open up. Sort of a way to evenly distribute passes and the crowds throughout the day. Theoretically the earlier you book the more availability at anytime should be possible but maybe it intentionally isn't since they expect many will want earlier times.

I would assume so. I thought the system was supposed to be dynamic and doing this for everything throughout the day…BUT this is Disney IT…

I am more inclined to think that the Disney IT doesn’t handle the initial onslaught very well and hangs up times which are then freed up after 15 minutes.

The way I remember is that only your most recently booked G+ LL affects when you can book the next.
That is a very helpful way to remember when you can book. Can anyone else confirm that booking times work this way?

Can someone verify whether I understand the opening times for booking rides?
ILL$: 7 am if you are onsite (staying at a "select resort"). Park opening time if you are offsite.
G+: 7 am for everyone. (This hasn't changed, or has it?)

Some follow-up questions:
1) Park opening time is when the park opens to the general public, not just to onsite guests, correct? So, Wednesday March 23, when MK is open to the public from 9 am to 11 pm, and open to guests of select resorts from 8:30 am to 1 am, "park opening time" would be 9 am?
2) Some ILL$ book up shortly after 7 am. So, if you are offsite and can't book ILL$ until 9 am, there may be little point in trying to book that ride via ILL$ and you will need to wait in line. (I am particularly interested in RotR -- the other ILL$ I've done already or I'll skip.)

TIA!

Judy

ILL$: 7 am if you are onsite (staying at a "select resort"). Park opening time if you are offsite.

1) Park opening time is when the park opens to the general public, not just to onsite guests, correct? So, Wednesday March 23, when MK is open to the public from 9 am to 11 pm, and open to guests of select resorts from 8:30 am to 1 am, "park opening time" would be 9 am?
2) Some ILL$ book up shortly after 7 am. So, if you are offsite and can't book ILL$ until 9 am, there may be little point in trying to book that ride via ILL$ and you will need to wait in line. (I am particularly interested in RotR -- the other ILL$ I've done already or I'll skip.)

TIA!

Judy
Confirming @Westerner's suggestion, the information in Posts 1-7 is current.

When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets

Is this 'glitch' still real? We have 5 APs and 16 regular park tickets with pre-purchased G+ for June 2022 family trip. Thank you!

I read this in a Jan 2022 post and am wondering if this is still the case. We are traveling int June with 21 family members, 16 have regular tickets with G+, 5 have APs.

QUOTE: When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets

Thank you!

That is a very helpful way to remember when you can book. Can anyone else confirm that booking times work this way?
Yep

TIA!

Judy
Correct, correct, correct and mostly correct. Some ILL$ availability for Rise may show up during the day, but to book it you'll need to be on the constant lookout for it and then be fast/lucky enough to book it before all the other people who are doing the same. I wouldn't count on being able to do it for planning purposes. On the screenshot below, the non-gray times show ILL$ availability for Rise.

I am not sure if this has been asked my apologies if so,,,,,,,,, I have purchased Genie+ in advance for my party of 4 with my package. Am I correct in assuming the feature will appear on MyDisney at 7AM on my first park day? If so where would I find it. I am about 45 days out and I cannot see it now... more than likely its me missing something as I am not very tech savvy.

Once again TIA for the patience!

Suggest you consult posts 1-7 in this thread, they will answer a lot of your questions.
I read them, but I was still confused about some things. But the most recent posts here have answered my questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter