Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Did this have the same 2 hour window? Like, when you could you select your next lightning lane since there is no "Scanning in"?
They do actually have cast members with handheld scanners to scan your magic band to verify your pass. But yes, same time restraints for booking

We were thinking of doing AK and hopping to Epcot for the afternoon and stacking LLs in late April, which is supposed to be less crowded but who knows now…. Test Track is the kids #1 request for Epcot but it looking at the Twitter feed it has been distributed by just after 9 every day. Guessing it will be back to normal park hours in late April. I was originally planning on doing some earlier AK LL and then stacking a few for Epcot but if I have to book TT at 7 am for fear it will be gone by 9, can’t book anything at AK until 11 if it opens at 9 and feel like we waste 2 hours of potential LL time. In non extended park hours, is TT still gone by 9? WWYD?

Is the "confirm guest" page before or after you select your time?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought that when you clicked on the Tip Board to purchase that attraction, the first thing that came up was the "confirm guest" screen. Then you saw the place to select an hour, and then a more specific time window, before you would purchase.

I know that if you practice at home the first thing you see is the screen to select your party with the note that you're not eligible because of no park reservation.

When we were onsite I thought the same screen popped up first, but with everyone on the Friends and Family list with a valid ticket and park reservation was preselected.

You may be right that the Confirm Guest page is before the Choose Time pages (I know there are 2 of those pages: the first gives you something like 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 etc, and then after you select, say, 8:00, the next page gives you something like 8:10, 8:20, 8:30).
Perhaps someone else who books an ILL in the near future can clarify if the Confirm Guests page is before or after the Choose Time pages.
The important page is the one that comes after all those. It is the page that tells you what your time will be (can be wildly different from what you selected). Once you confirm that page, you get the Payment page.
The only time I was fully aware of what time I would be confirming, the time stayed the same after payment was completed.
The previous times, I was responding so quickly, I wasn’t fully aware of what time I was confirming until it was too late to back out.
I was responding so quickly that I didn’t even deselect the one member of our party that would not be doing the ride, for fear that the time involved to do that might result in the dreaded No Times Available page.

Unless things suddenly change (always a possibility), I agree with those who recommend booking your ILL at 7:17 am.
I know it seems risky but it is your best bet for getting the time you actually want.

We are arriving Wednesday to WDW. There are 10 of us. Can one of us get Genie+ and ILL for everyone in one felled swoop as long as they are added to MDE?

If I get genie +, can I use it in my park reservation park and the parks I hop to after 2:00pm?
Yes, you can. If you have a park hopper and a park reservation, you can actually use G+ to make LL reservations at any of the parks - all day at your 'park reservation' park, and after 2PM at the other parks. We've actually found this approach to be the most effective use of G+ for us, allowing us to schedule LL slots later in the day when we park hop.

If I read correctly, you can not get Individual LL for Mickey/Minnie railroad at HS for this coming week?
I was going to buy it for our DHS day (26th) for M/M and the Remy at Epcot since they are the only 2 we haven't rode.
(We are in our 60s and are mainly going for F&G at Epcot.)
Should I now get the Genie plus for our DHS day? Toy Story Mania is the only other one that would be on our list.
Sorry to seem so lost but we haven't been since there was the FP option. Thanks ahead!

If I read correctly, you can not get Individual LL for Mickey/Minnie railroad at HS for this coming week?
I was going to buy it for our DHS day (26th) for M/M and the Remy at Epcot since they are the only 2 we haven't rode.
Should I now get the Genie plus for our DHS day? Toy Story Mania is the only other one that would be on our list.
Sorry to seem so lost but we haven't been since there was the FP option. Thanks ahead!
MMRR is now part of G +

We are arriving Wednesday to WDW. There are 10 of us. Can one of us get Genie+ and ILL for everyone in one felled swoop as long as they are added to MDE?
I believe the max limit for 1 party is 12. So 10 should be ok.

As sweetears said, MMRR is currently part of G+. Whether it’s worth buying G+ for just MMRR & TSM is debatable. If you rope drop or park close you probably don’t need it, but if you plan on going during peak hours G+ could save you a significant amount of time. Do you care what time of day you go?

Last edited:
You should be able to book M/M Railroad easily at 7am, and you should be able to book TSM easily as soon as you use M/M R (or 2 hours after park opens). As Westerner says, it could save you quite a bit of time unless you plan to rope drop one of the two.

You should be able to book M/M Railroad easily at 7am, and you should be able to book TSM easily as soon as you use M/M R (or 2 hours after park opens). As Westerner says, it could save you quite a bit of time unless you plan to rope drop one of the two.
If you are staying on site yes. Offsite a challenge. I ended up waiting in stand by for 60 minute’s

If you are staying on site yes. Offsite a challenge. I ended up waiting in stand by for 60 minute’s

Excellent point. The wisdom used to be: if you are offsite, avoid the morning EMH park because onsite will have a big rope drop advantage over you. But now that every morning is EE for every park, offsite is always at a rope drop disadvantage.

We are staying at the Dolphin but not doing rope drop. We are too old for that. :-)
We have a 3:00 dining ressie so I guess I will just buy it for the $30 and try to work the 2 rides around that.
DH wouldn't be happy waiting an hour after taking him down there the past years with Fast passes for everything.
I just hate that families are having to pay the extra $15 x 5 or 6.
Any idea what the LL for Remy is costing now?

If I try to get a LL for rise say for 5 but it ends up being at 7 which is when I have a reservation for building a lightsaber there isn’t a way to cancel and try again at 7:17? Just trying to figure out the best plan…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter