Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

I see that Ride Share can now enter the bus entrance at DHS, but what time are they letting people driving personal vehicles into the parking lots these days? Thanks!

At DHS they hold you outside of the park until opening if offsite. What happens if you show up right at park opening? Do they keep some tapstiles reserved for resort guests until the offsite line clears out?

Does anyone have an approximation of how long it will take to get into MK park/turnstiles from TTC monorail (or ferry)? I am thinking of Ubering to TTC and want to make the 8:30 am ETPE on an upcoming Sunday. Just trying to figure out what to expect once I reach TTC.

So DHS Parking Lot does NOT open until formal park opening? I never knew that--and we leave in 2-weeks, and had planned to drive over early, lol. Any other parks like this?

So DHS Parking Lot does NOT open until formal park opening? I never knew that--and we leave in 2-weeks, and had planned to drive over early, lol. Any other parks like this?
No, the HS parking lot will open in time for guests to do Early Entry, but they will be at a major disadvantage to those who have walked from the Epcot resorts, taken the Skyliner, or ridden one of the first few resort busses. Lyft being able to enter the bus entrance allows the Lyft drivers to avoid the long line of cars waiting to enter. It’s pretty big. The lot will probably open about 45-60 prior to EE. All the other modes of transport will start 90 minutes prior.

I have searched this thread for an answer, but I can’t seem to find one.

We have an 8:00 ADR @ CRT on 6/30. We will certainly make sure we get to our bus stop at POFQ in plenty of time to catch the first bus to MK. My concern is if there is a long line @ Security will we make it to the castle before 8:00. Is there a special line that folks with ADRs before ETPE need to go to ? Anyone have any experience with this particular concern ? Thank you !!!

I have searched this thread for an answer, but I can’t seem to find one.

We have an 8:00 ADR @ CRT on 6/30. We will certainly make sure we get to our bus stop at POFQ in plenty of time to catch the first bus to MK. My concern is if there is a long line @ Security will we make it to the castle before 8:00. Is there a special line that folks with ADRs before ETPE need to go to ? Anyone have any experience with this particular concern ? Thank you !!!
Security has changed and is no longer a pinch point. Unless you have a stroller or ECV, security is a simple walk through scanner. No need to remove your backpack or have security check individual backpacks. As long as you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before ETPE begins you should be fine.

Security has changed and is no longer a pinch point. Unless you have a stroller or ECV, security is a simple walk through scanner. No need to remove your backpack or have security check individual backpacks. As long as you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before ETPE begins you should be fine.
Thank you soooo much. That’s one less thing to worry about. Now on to the other 52 things to worry about for upcoming trip. 😆😆

If your early entry strategy for DHS involves RNRC, apparently this has happened a few times recently so wanted to mention:

We were let into the park at 7am, with lines forming and being held until 7:30. We got in ToT line and RNRC line was next to us. Apparently they realized it wouldn’t be ready to open on time around 7:15 so all those people had to leave the line and find a plan b, 15 mins behind all the other people…which doesn’t sound like a lot but if you’re reading this you care about every minute of time.

RNRC has been down a lot lately so I’d have someone in your party hold a spot in ToT as a backup if it were me.

Staying at AKL in June and wondering if we can arrive faster for ETPE at DHS by driving rental car or taking Disney bus? I've scanned this thread as well as others for awhile now, but can't seem to find the answer. People mention catching first bus ~90 minutes before ETPE, parking lot may not open until 60 minutes prior (take into acount walking to entrance), and I have personally experienced arriving (from AKL by bus) 15 minutes after other family members staying at All Star Movies(also arriving by bus). Any advice or opinions (as well as guidance to possible answers earlier in the thread) would be greatly appreciated--Thank You!

Staying at AKL in June and wondering if we can arrive faster for ETPE at DHS by driving rental car or taking Disney bus? I've scanned this thread as well as others for awhile now, but can't seem to find the answer. People mention catching first bus ~90 minutes before ETPE, parking lot may not open until 60 minutes prior (take into acount walking to entrance), and I have personally experienced arriving (from AKL by bus) 15 minutes after other family members staying at All Star Movies(also arriving by bus). Any advice or opinions (as well as guidance to possible answers earlier in the thread) would be greatly appreciated--Thank You!

Historically bus is your better option.

We will be at DHS the Thursday of Memorial Day weekend. We will be driving to the park since we are checking into All-star that day. Currently park hours are 9am-9pm, however it looks like the park may open earlier, maybe 8:30am or 8:00am.

If the park opens at 8am, then early entry is 7:30am. We’d like to try and rope drop RoTR and guessing we’d have to be at the park by 6am.

Will the parking lot open at 6am?

Parking lots usually open an hour before the park time.

I say usually cause I have been at HS waiting at the parking gate lined up watching buses or the Skyliner bringing people over & we are still sitting there waiting for them to open.

I have no idea how you would do early entry driving your own car cause how they would know which vehicles can go ahead & which have to wait? Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Can you go to the hotel early, park you car & take a resort bus to the park?

We will be at DHS the Thursday of Memorial Day weekend. We will be driving to the park since we are checking into All-star that day. Currently park hours are 9am-9pm, however it looks like the park may open earlier, maybe 8:30am or 8:00am.

If the park opens at 8am, then early entry is 7:30am. We’d like to try and rope drop RoTR and guessing we’d have to be at the park by 6am.

Will the parking lot open at 6am?
I agree with @ars0525 that it is approx. 1 hour before park opening. Post 1 of this thread contains details of Early Theme Park Entry, including parking lot opening times.

Parking lots usually open an hour before the park time.

I say usually cause I have been at HS waiting at the parking gate lined up watching buses or the Skyliner bringing people over & we are still sitting there waiting for them to open.

I have no idea how you would do early entry driving your own car cause how they would know which vehicles can go ahead & which have to wait? Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Can you go to the hotel early, park you car & take a resort bus to the park?
Offsite and onsite can park when the lot opens which is usually around an hour before early entry. The resort guest check occurs at the front entrance of the park and offsite guests are held in a different area there until regular park opening time.

I’ve driven to every park except AK for ETPE.

ETPE is offered every day so it is part of the norm. The current MK ETPE allows for all guests to enter Main Street up to the Hub. From there, ETPE eligible guests are directed to Tomorrowland Bridge or Tea Cups. If you just want to walk around and go into the shops, it’s pretty manageable because most guests are either at Peter Pan or 7DMT
I have friend staying offsite and going to the MK next week. Are offsite guests still allowed to enter early before the park opening time, if so how early? She needs to rent a scooter and would like to have it rented before official park opening.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter