Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Thank you for the information. Did Epcot open at 9:00 that day? And did it take you from 8:30 to 8:45 to get from park entrance to Remy?

We will be entering the park from the International Gateway, so I'm thinking that may put us well ahead all of the guests who enter Epcot from the main entrance.
Epcot opened at 10. Early entry should have been 9:30, and it was for much of the park (we saw the group that was being held down by...UK? after we got off the ride) but they let us in way early and started running Remy's early too.

We tapped into the park at the IG entrance about 8:45. I didn't check to see what time we got in line, but it wasn't long.I know they stated loading the ride at 9:05 and we were off the ride by 9:20. At 9:26 we saw them let people into the rest of the park; the whole group went speeding toward Pop Eats for the popcorn bucket :upsidedow

Epcot opened at 10. Early entry should have been 9:30, and it was for much of the park (we saw the group that was being held down by...UK? after we got off the ride) but they let us in way early and started running Remy's early too.

We tapped into the park at the IG entrance about 8:45. I didn't check to see what time we got in line, but it wasn't long.I know they stated loading the ride at 9:05 and we were off the ride by 9:20. At 9:26 we saw them let people into the rest of the park; the whole group went speeding toward Pop Eats for the popcorn bucket :upsidedow

Wow, what a deal!

Hope we are as fortunate. Thanks so much for the info. Much appreciated.

How has Remy line been at park opening if you’re going in 1/2 hour early for on site guests? I believed Remy is open at that time?

How has Remy line been at park opening if you’re going in 1/2 hour early for on site guests? I believed Remy is open at that time?
Your question has been merged with the ‘Everything Early Theme Park Entry’ thread.

The Remy question has been discussed lately and the last couple of pages of this thread should be helpful to you.

We will be entering the park from the International Gateway, so I'm thinking that may put us well ahead all of the guests who enter Epcot from the main entrance.

That has to be true unless they opened the main entrance a little early and then held those people right before the entrance to WS. That is a long walk.

That is why I have EP as a closing park for us rather than early entry. It is Frozen and Remi we'd want at EP. Most people like to end the day at Epcot for the food/drinks. So, I hope the lines won't be too miserable then.

That has to be true unless they opened the main entrance a little early and then held those people right before the entrance to WS. That is a long walk.

That is why I have EP as a closing park for us rather than early entry. It is Frozen and Remi we'd want at EP. Most people like to end the day at Epcot for the food/drinks. So, I hope the lines won't be too miserable then.
They are not doing this as it would create the same situation in the opposite way in that front entrance guests would have access to all FW attractions ahead of IG guests.

At this time, guests are still being held in the same locations they always have, IG guests are just closer to Remy in a similar way that front entrance guests are closer to Spaceship Earth. I know, not the same demand but same situation.

They are not doing this as it would create the same situation in the opposite way in that front entrance guests would have access to all FW attractions ahead of IG guests.

At this time, guests are still being held in the same locations they always have, IG guests are just closer to Remy in a similar way that front entrance guests are closer to Spaceship Earth. I know, not the same demand but same situation.

I don't blame them. Since EP opens an hour later than the rest of the parks, I am OK with not rope dropping that one anyway. We are going to try to do mid-day breaks everyday.

Question about ETPE for ROTR at HS... If we decide to rope drop Rise first, what time should we be arriving to the gate (yes, we are resort guests) and then where do we go from there? What side of Galaxy's Edge do they let you in from? The tunnel near Muppets or the entrance from Toy Story Land? Thanks!

Also, should we take the bus to HS from our resort? Or drive? I know they used to hold cars at the entrance to the lot until a certain time. Not sure if they're still doing that.

Last edited:
Question about ETPE for ROTR at HS... If we decide to rope drop Rise first, what time should we be arriving to the gate (yes, we are resort guests) and then where do we go from there? What side of Galaxy's Edge do they let you in from? The tunnel near Muppets or the entrance from Toy Story Land? Thanks!

We rope dropped on Friday, 1/14. We were the second people to get to the CBR Skyliner hub at 7 am. They let us on about 7:25, so we were at HS by 7:30. There were already people there and they were letting everyone in already. We went through security, tapped in, then went to the left on Hollywood Blvd. We went that way, past Backlot Express, Star Tours, etc. and right through the tunnel. They didn't stop us anywhere, until we got to ROTR. When we got there (7:45ish?) the ride was down. They were encouraging people to go rope drop something else. We didn't listen. The ride was up around 8:10 or so and we were in the first group on.

All that to say, our experience was that rope drop started early, and that was everywhere - MK, HS, Epcot (we got a late start for AK), so I would definitely plan to be there early.

We rope dropped on Friday, 1/14. We were the second people to get to the CBR Skyliner hub at 7 am. They let us on about 7:25, so we were at HS by 7:30. There were already people there and they were letting everyone in already. We went through security, tapped in, then went to the left on Hollywood Blvd. We went that way, past Backlot Express, Star Tours, etc. and right through the tunnel. They didn't stop us anywhere, until we got to ROTR. When we got there (7:45ish?) the ride was down. They were encouraging people to go rope drop something else. We didn't listen. The ride was up around 8:10 or so and we were in the first group on.

All that to say, our experience was that rope drop started early, and that was everywhere - MK, HS, Epcot (we got a late start for AK), so I would definitely plan to be there early.

Is this for a 9am park opening/8:30 Early entry? Is it similar to last year? In April 2021 we were at Disney and the parks would open around 7:45 even though it was a 9am park opening. There was no official early entry for anyone but people on buses or using disney transportation had an advantage because they could get ahead of everyone before the parking lots opened.

Is this for a 9am park opening/8:30 Early entry? Is it similar to last year? In April 2021 we were at Disney and the parks would open around 7:45 even though it was a 9am park opening. There was no official early entry for anyone but people on buses or using disney transportation had an advantage because they could get ahead of everyone before the parking lots opened.
Yes, the park opened at 9 that day, Early Entry was officially 8:30. We were off the ride by then!

Yes, the park opened at 9 that day, Early Entry was officially 8:30. We were off the ride by then!

Can also chime in to say this AM my husband got to the park right at 8 on the resort bus and they let him right in and back to Rise. He was in the pre-show at 8:13 and off at 8:30. He then hit MFSR and was in line for Slinky before they began letting regular guests in at 9am (and not a minute before - non-Resort guests are held right at the tapstiles which I think def makes staying on property for EE worth it!)

Also, should we take the bus to HS from our resort? Or drive? I know they used to hold cars at the entrance to the lot until a certain time. Not sure if they're still doing that.
We have just returned from a 10 day stay and I would definitely recommend taking the bus from your resort. We always have a car and have driven to the parks, we did this on our first day to HS and arriving at 7.15 a.m. (for 8.30 a.m. EE) were turned away and told to return at 7.30 a.m.. When we did finally get parked (there were about 10 cars in front of us) and got to the gates there were lots of people already there. We walk quickly though so were still able to rise ROTR without much of a wait.

On the other days we visited we took the Skyliner and each time we were passing over the parking booths before 7.30 a.m.. On these days, we also weren't held at the ticket gates and were allowed straight in without any rope drop to ride ROTR (although on two of those mornings it went down 🙄).

they began letting regular guests in at 9am (and not a minute before - non-Resort guests are held right at the tapstiles which I think def makes staying on property for EE worth it!)
What side of the tapstiles are non-resort guest held on? Can they scan in and walk to a shop? Or at least scan in an congregate past the scanner? Or completely outside the gates?

What side of the tapstiles are non-resort guest held on? Can they scan in and walk to a shop? Or at least scan in an congregate past the scanner? Or completely outside the gates?

They’re held all the way to the right side tapstiles. And nope, non-resort guests are held there until 9 on the dot in my experience. I had to wait in that line this morning and all I was trying to get in for was coffee cuz I can’t ride anything XD

Is arriving 60 minutes prior to posted opening time still the recommendation for AK? Wondering what time they have been letting resort guests through the tap stiles for ETPE.

Edited to correct question

We have just returned from a 10 day stay and I would definitely recommend taking the bus from your resort. We always have a car and have driven to the parks, we did this on our first day to HS and arriving at 7.15 a.m. (for 8.30 a.m. EE) were turned away and told to return at 7.30 a.m.. When we did finally get parked (there were about 10 cars in front of us) and got to the gates there were lots of people already there. We walk quickly though so were still able to rise ROTR without much of a wait.

On the other days we visited we took the Skyliner and each time we were passing over the parking booths before 7.30 a.m.. On these days, we also weren't held at the ticket gates and were allowed straight in without any rope drop to ride ROTR (although on two of those mornings it went down 🙄).

Thank you for this info, it's really helpful. We are staying 10 days at the Poly in September and the last time I attempted to rope drop HS from a non-Crescent Lake resort was last July from CSR, before Early Entry started and we still had virtual queues. Was not sure what the procedure for private vehicles is now, at the time it was basically a wash between resort transportation and rideshares but it's good to know that's not the case now. Looks like we will definitely be taking the bus.

Thank you for this info, it's really helpful. We are staying 10 days at the Poly in September and the last time I attempted to rope drop HS from a non-Crescent Lake resort was last July from CSR, before Early Entry started and we still had virtual queues. Was not sure what the procedure for private vehicles is now, at the time it was basically a wash between resort transportation and rideshares but it's good to know that's not the case now. Looks like we will definitely be taking the bus.
If you like to take rideshares, something else that has changed at DHS (I believe it happened after your last visit) is that rideshares now enter via the bus entrance so no longer need to wait for the parking lot to open. This might be another option for you to consider also.

If you like to take rideshares, something else that has changed at DHS (I believe it happened after your last visit) is that rideshares now enter via the bus entrance so no longer need to wait for the parking lot to open. This might be another option for you to consider also.

That's definitely different than last time I was there...I remember being held last June at the AK toll plaza with my Lyft driver. That definitely changes the equation if rideshare is getting let in with buses now. We tend to prefer rideshares to buses for rope drop.

Thank you for this thread OP! This ETPE is a game changer versus what we experienced last summer when EVERYTHING (well, except ROTR) was standby only. Having 30-40 minutes of access to these attractions as resort guests is a great head start. Shoot, even if it's ONE headliner with little to no wait that is a nice improvement.

Combine this with G+(even though I loath that Disney is now charging for an inferior FP system), and we are starting to get closer to our old park experience that we were used to. (albeit a lot more expensive)

Summer of 2021 was just brutal with standby only, with no early or late park opening for resort guests. We swore we wouldn't return until things change... Well, things have changed and I'm looking forward to a summer 2022 trip now.

Dan

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter