Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Definitely for buses... I was just saying what our experience was with transportation on the skyliner on our recent trip... 60 minutes before ETPE worked out for us with plenty of time but other hotels and park combinations would need more time.

I have definitely heard that, especially with bus transportation. I was just trying to share our experience with a skyliner resort and skyliner - in which case the 60 minutes before (which was also when the skyliner opened for the day) was enough time for us to be near the front of the line at park entry. To your point, we did start our walk to get in line 15 minutes before the skyliner would start running to not be at the end of the line.
To share another experience which supports 90 mins for ALL transportation:

A year ago this week we arrived at Pop’s Skyliner 80 mins before ETPE. It wasn’t running yet and we were lined up almost to Hippy Dippy which was a looong line! It started running about an hour before ETPE but by the time we got in line for Remy we were lined up to about the restrooms. Remy started running before ETPE but even with that we did not exit Remy until 10 mins after the park had opened to all guests.

Your experience was a good one but many find 90 is required for both buses and Skyliner.

Last edited:
Definitely for buses... I was just saying what our experience was with transportation on the skyliner on our recent trip... 60 minutes before ETPE worked out for us with plenty of time but other hotels and park combinations would need more time.

I have definitely heard that, especially with bus transportation. I was just trying to share our experience with a skyliner resort and skyliner - in which case the 60 minutes before (which was also when the skyliner opened for the day) was enough time for us to be near the front of the line at park entry. To your point, we did start our walk to get in line 15 minutes before the skyliner would start running to not be at the end of the line.
This is great info! will def shoot for well before skyliner opening.
To share another experience which supports 90 mins for ALL transportation:

A year ago this week we arrived at Pop’s Skyliner 80 mins before ETPE. It wasn’t running yet and we were lined up almost to Hippy Dippy which was a looong line! It started running about an hour before ETPE but by the time we got in line for Remy we were lined up to about the restrooms. Remy started running before ETPE but even with that we did not exit Remy until 10 mins after the park had opened to all guests.

Your experience was a good one but many find 90 is required for both buses and Skyliner.

I'm sure more time is better, I am excited to try the skyliner and will report back our actual times

Hey all!

Traveling with a larger party (12) and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We have littles and plan to take advantage of early morning hours.

My question is how early should we be leaving the hotel to get to the parks? We are using disney transportation.

I want to be able to prove the group the departure times in advance so we can get our ducks in a row.

Thanks!

With a large party I would be ready to leave 60-90 minutes before EMH starts. It also depends on where you are staying as some hotels have multiple bus stops vs a single pick up spot.

If you want to be near the front of the ETPE crowds, it’s recommended that you be at the transportation pickup point 90 minutes before the start of ETPE.

Read the first post of the Early Theme Park Entry thread (it is kept updated) for general guidelines and the last few pages for recent experiences.

Hey all!

Traveling with a larger party (12) and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We have littles and plan to take advantage of early morning hours.

My question is how early should we be leaving the hotel to get to the parks? We are using disney transportation.

I want to be able to prove the group the departure times in advance so we can get our ducks in a row.

Thanks!
Post 1 of this thread explains in great detail how ETPE works.

The rule of thumb is to arrive at transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.

Post 1 of this thread explains in great detail how ETPE works.

The rule of thumb is to arrive at transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.
So for ETPE for AK that begins at 7:30 next month I should be at my bus stup at POR at 6:00-6:15 ish to catch the first bus to ensure I get on FOP right away?

So for ETPE for AK that begins at 7:30 next month I should be at my bus stup at POR at 6:00-6:15 ish to catch the first bus to ensure I get on FOP right away?
Yes. Just a heads up that there will be MANY trying to get on FoP so there is no guarantee you will be on 'right away'. We were about 10th in line at the tapstiles one time but lined up back to the bridge by the time we reached where the 'pack' ended. Unless you're a speed walker, the distance to FoP allows the line to change often.

That being said, even though we were on the bridge then almost back to Africa when we entered Pandora, we still rode in a timely manner.

I came to ask this same question after seeing AK hours had been updated to 7:30am ETPE for my dates. We’ll be coming from Beach Club.

I’m an early morning person, but I’m having a hard time coming to grips with the idea that the family needs to be up and showered and breakfast and out the door and waiting for transportation by 6:00am.

I see this is for bus transportation, but is it the same if we order a Minnie Van? I’m assuming yes since I hear that there will also be competition for MVs in the morning.

I came to ask this same question after seeing AK hours had been updated to 7:30am ETPE for my dates. We’ll be coming from Beach Club.

I’m an early morning person, but I’m having a hard time coming to grips with the idea that the family needs to be up and showered and breakfast and out the door and waiting for transportation by 6:00am.

I see this is for bus transportation, but is it the same if we order a Minnie Van? I’m assuming yes since I hear that there will also be competition for MVs in the morning.
If you’d like to be towards the front of the crowds it’s the same for general transportation. I’m not sure about Minnie Vans As I don’t know how early they start running or how early they could access the drop off location.

90 mins is allowing for bus and Skyliner lines considering those transportation options normally start running 60-75 mins before ETPE begins.

Agreed and I think parking lots open 1 hour early so if a resort guest and using Disney transportation it would be wise to beat the regular car traffic and be on your way to ticketing by 6:30, especially at AK for FOP at RD if you want to ride twice. Once right away and once at night in Pandora!

I usually take the boat to magic kingdom from the wilderness lodge. For the ETPE do you recommend we just do the buses? Do the boats even run that early? Looks like early entry is at 8:30 the day we are going. Thanks in advance!

I usually take the boat to magic kingdom from the wilderness lodge. For the ETPE do you recommend we just do the buses? Do the boats even run that early? Looks like early entry is at 8:30 the day we are going. Thanks in advance!
I don’t stay at a resort that offers water transportation but I just looked at the MDE app and today water transportation times are showing 75 mins before ETPE begins. Not sure what time they officially started but it appears water transportation should be a (weather dependant) option for you.

A4042513-36EA-4C27-AF99-1A37133106EC.png

I've done the 7:30 ETPE twice from Beach Club. Both times I was at the bus stop closer to 6:15-6:30, and got there in time. Surprisingly I had plenty of company, although when I went it was still dark and 40 degrees.

When I was there the end of January I arrived at the park at 7:00am and there was quite a few people already there. The Cast Member at the tapstyles said they try and let everyone in a little before 7:30am but it depends on if Rise of the Resistance is cooperating for them that morning or not. If it is having issue they will delay opening to see if they can get it going cause they know everyone rushes there.

We were just there, 2/18-2/21. We did HS early entry on 2/21, walking from Swan. We arrived at 7:40, the cast member quickly scanned our bands to be sure we qualified for entry entry. Then, they held us until 8 a.m. on the dot before letting us scan in to the park (and it was the President's Day/Mardi Gras crowd...) DH laughed as I "power walked" to MMRR but we were in the pre-show at 8:06.

I don’t stay at a resort that offers water transportation but I just looked at the MDE app and today water transportation times are showing 75 mins before ETPE begins. Not sure what time they officially started but it appears water transportation should be a (weather dependant) option for you.

View attachment 741495
Where do I look for transportation times on mde? I just see directions and general info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter