• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Disney Doll Related

At least if the pre-order for the whole set is sold out, you still have the option of buying them individually in the coming weeks.

I initially planned to try to get the whole set up front, but have decided to go the one at a time route so I can purchase these with cash (Paypal) rather than credit. No more than 2 a month makes it easier on the bank account. I know with Paypal I have to pay for them at time of order, but I like knowing they will be paid in full when they ship rather than having a huge charge made to my credit card at that time. I know I could set the money aside to pay the credit card bill, but knowing me I would spend it on something else. :rolleyes1

I saw some close-up photos of Eric today, and I'm thinking I will pass on the princes for now. I like him, but I still need so many of the other designer dolls and have such limited display space, that I think I will confine my princes to those in the Fairy Tale Collection. I definitely want Ursula though.

Good luck to all who plan to pre-order the whole set tomorrow morning.

Edit: Forgot to thank you for posting that great video, Tinkerboy. Thanks!

It looks like these sold out in a minute or less judging by what people are saying on Facebook. :eek:

HI ALL!

I collect disney plushies and want to start collecting dolls too- I will get pics another day :)

does anyone else not like the 'new' versions of the animator dolls?

Hi PrincessIndia! I'm new to collecting Disney dolls from the animated films, and so far only concentrate on the Designer dolls, so I'm not familiar with the Animator series. I'm not sure I'd be interested in collecting them, but I sure like their price tags more.

The more I am reading about the recent pre-order for the Fairytale Collection, the more nervous I am getting about any success getting them individually. I'm going to have to rely on the online sales since I know I'm not going to want to travel to the store and rely on a raffle system. I never get picked for stuff like that, and it's not going to change now. I'm thinking the D23 expo may be the reason so few were available online the other night. Hopefully, Disney saved most of them for the individual sales, but there sure are a lot of them on Ebay already.

Speaking of Ebay, for those trying to collect the Disney Designer Princess dolls like myself, I want to suggest people turned off by the high prices there check Amazon on occasion. Last night I found the Jasmine doll for $120. I realize that is high compared to the initial price, but so many of these dolls are priced $200-$300 on Ebay. The doll is described as brand new in box, so I was quite happy to find her there.

I went back and forth about whether to order the whole set or not. I even set my alarm to get up at 2:30 AM to buy them. Then changed my mind. When I woke up at 7 AM EST they were sold out.

Oh well, not meant to be.

PS I have a Aurora Animators Collection (out of box but in good condition) that Ive decided I don't want. I just don't think Im going to collect them now, a little too big for me.

If anyone wants her, the first to PM me I will send her to you for free. Id love for her to go to another collector.

I went back and forth about whether to order the whole set or not. I even set my alarm to get up at 2:30 AM to buy them. Then changed my mind. When I woke up at 7 AM EST they were sold out.

Oh well, not meant to be.

PS I have a Aurora Animators Collection (out of box but in good condition) that Ive decided I don't want. I just don't think Im going to collect them now, a little too big for me.

If anyone wants her, the first to PM me I will send her to you for free. Id love for her to go to another collector.

Is it the original one - if so then I would really really love her :)

The top one is the original and the bottom, pinker one is the new one

It is the top one, the original. She is missing her pet though. I bought her off of someone else. I responded to your message, and will send her out to you.

My Jasmine Princess Designer Doll that I bought on Amazon arrived yesterday and she is perfect! :cheer2: This is really going to be slow-going trying to fill this collection (3 down and 7 to go), but if for some reason I have no luck getting the Fairytale dolls, at least I got something. :p

Hi PrincessIndia! I'm new to collecting Disney dolls from the animated films, and so far only concentrate on the Designer dolls, so I'm not familiar with the Animator series. I'm not sure I'd be interested in collecting them, but I sure like their price tags more.

The more I am reading about the recent pre-order for the Fairytale Collection, the more nervous I am getting about any success getting them individually. I'm going to have to rely on the online sales since I know I'm not going to want to travel to the store and rely on a raffle system. I never get picked for stuff like that, and it's not going to change now. I'm thinking the D23 expo may be the reason so few were available online the other night. Hopefully, Disney saved most of them for the individual sales, but there sure are a lot of them on Ebay already.

Speaking of Ebay, for those trying to collect the Disney Designer Princess dolls like myself, I want to suggest people turned off by the high prices there check Amazon on occasion. Last night I found the Jasmine doll for $120. I realize that is high compared to the initial price, but so many of these dolls are priced $200-$300 on Ebay. The doll is described as brand new in box, so I was quite happy to find her there.

Where did you here it was a raffle system for the dolls? I'm finding gard to believe its not first come first serve
Thanks

Where did you here it was a raffle system for the dolls? I'm finding gard to believe its not first come first serve
Thanks

My Disney Store also told me there will be a raffle. Arrive at 12pm to put your name in and the names will be called soon afterward. I don't know of it's working that way at all the stores, though. I also have to rely on online sales because I'm working at noon on a Tuesday! Lol

I learned of the raffle method at Disney Pin Forum. I guess it's possible that some stores will use the traditional first come, first serve. I'm going to try to get the first set online. Since the dolls are being sold at the stores first we will learn of what that experience is like. The raffle system seems more fair to me.

I was not collecting these when the Designer Princess dolls came out, but from what I have read it was a nightmare. Hopefully the higher cost of these dolls will make them a little easier to acquire. :confused3

The animator doll is still availiable if any one else wanted it- I live on the other side of the world (kindof) lol :0 :)

Thanks
yes, and on the little pamphlet for the dolls it explains the raffle system, even though Im still confused by it.

The animator doll is still availiable if any one else wanted it- I live on the other side of the world (kindof) lol :0 :)

Sorry, I just don't want to deal with international shipping. Its such a hassle.

So if anyone in the US is interested I will send you the DAC Aurora doll. She is in good condition just missing her pet. PM if you want her

So who is going to buy the Snow White Fairytale Collection doll tomorrow? Or maybe I should say try to buy. I'm going to take a chance online tomorrow night, and not bother going to the store. I don't expect a sell-out in minutes like the full pre-order since I think the number for that was very limited, but I do worry about the site crashing which I've heard people say kept them from getting some of the Princess dolls.

I stayed up late Saturday night for some of the Infinity deals, so I'm starting to get used to this. :)

So the Snow White doll today - my mom collects them to send to my niece and went down there today for the raffle and was one of 3 people there for the dolls. The rest went on regular sale. It absolutely does not hurt to call your local Disney Store to ask if she's still there!

If anyone is in the Tampa area (just in case I know probably not), 11 of them are still available at the mall in Clearwater as of an hour ago.

This is encouraging for the online sale tonight. I read on Facebook that they were still available hours later after they went on sale on the UK Disney site, so maybe the higher price is a deterrent. Of course, I am not taking any chances and will be refreshing the page at 2:00 CST. princess:

I don't blame you! I want Rapunzel and Belle (birthday and Christmas gifts to myself haha) as well as Jasmine and you can bet my butt will be online refreshing if I don't get them at the store!

I also thought this was pretty cool - my mom got doll number 380 of Snow White today, I've never had a doll that low in number! Numbers don't bother me, but the low ones are neat :)

So many people seem to consider Ariel and Rapunzel as their favorites so those sets may be harder to get. I don't really have a favorite, so I end up wanting them all. I wish Disney would space them a month apart so it would be easier on the wallet, but I know the 2-week wait is killing some people, so probably best the way it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter