• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Memory Maker as part of my package, ended up with 175 photos over 4 day! My question is how do I download them all at once and do I add the boarders etc before I download them or after? Thanks!

I bought Memory Maker as part of my package, ended up with 175 photos over 4 day! My question is how do I download them all at once and do I add the boarders etc before I download them or after? Thanks!
You will want to do any edits (borders, stickers, etc) prior to downloading.

To download all, on the MyDisneyPhotoPass website there will be 3 buttons under where it says "All Photos (###)". Click the middle button ("Download Photos"). A pop-up window will appear and you need to click "Download". The site will create one or more ZIP files that will contain your photos.

Some people like to download all of them "as is" then add borders, etc., and download again. That way you have them all for sure.

If you use the Download All feature, be sure to check the photos on your computer against the ones on the PP site. Sometimes there may be missing ones.

This thread has been so helpful since all of the photo pass/Memory Maker has been updated or new since my last visit.

I just want to make sure I am correct- we pre purchased Memory Maker and we only have one MDE account for my family. Since everyone is listed on the account- it doesn't matter who scans their bands- the pictures will show up on that account correct?

My other question- I am the one who has the MDE account for my family. I see that Memory Maker shows up in the account, but since my dad made the reservation through a travel agent, it shows that the Memory Maker is assigned to him. I don't see anywhere that I can change it to be assigned to me. Does that matter since he does not have his own MDE account? Am I still able to edit and download the photos since I have the MDE account?

Thanks!

Sorry for this question as it may have been asked already and I can't find it, I too am the head of a big group reservation in which we have 3 rooms. Can I purchase 1 memory maker for the whole group or is it by each room? TIA!!!!!

We will arrive in Orlando early Wednesday afternoon, but we won't be going to MK until Thursday. If we go to Disney Springs on Wednesday evening, will the MM work?

This thread has been so helpful since all of the photo pass/Memory Maker has been updated or new since my last visit.

1. I just want to make sure I am correct- we pre purchased Memory Maker and we only have one MDE account for my family. Since everyone is listed on the account- it doesn't matter who scans their bands- the pictures will show up on that account correct?

2. My other question- I am the one who has the MDE account for my family. I see that Memory Maker shows up in the account, but since my dad made the reservation through a travel agent, it shows that the Memory Maker is assigned to him. I don't see anywhere that I can change it to be assigned to me. Does that matter since he does not have his own MDE account? Am I still able to edit and download the photos since I have the MDE account?

Thanks!

1. Correct.

2. The person to whom MM is assigned to is the only one who can do the downloads (I'm not sure about the edits) - there should be some way to change whom it's assigned to though.

Sorry for this question as it may have been asked already and I can't find it, I too am the head of a big group reservation in which we have 3 rooms. Can I purchase 1 memory maker for the whole group or is it by each room? TIA!!!!!

You only need one - just make sure everyone is on your Friends and Family list.

1. Correct.

2. The person to whom MM is assigned to is the only one who can do the downloads (I'm not sure about the edits) - there should be some way to change whom it's assigned to though.

You only need one - just make sure everyone is on your Friends and Family list.
They are and thank you!!!

Thanks! I will probably have to contact Disney- I don't see any place it will let me change who it is assigned to.

I have a question about photopass vs memory maker and upgrading to an AP. I've been told that memory maker is included when you upgrade to an AP. We will likely upgrade my 10 day ticket to an AP at the beginning of our trip.
I've also been told that technically it's photopass that is added to your AP account when you upgrade and with photopass I would have to scan my own band and only I would have access to the pictures. So, no one else in my family could scan their band as it would "separate out" the pictures and we'd have to pay for those if we wanted them(NOT what I want to do of course).
I've been advised 2 different ways to do this~ purchase memory maker ahead of time and that the price would likely be refunded when I upgrade to the AP. (Don't know if this is official Disney policy but a CM advised me on this.)
Or, wait until I arrive and then memory maker could be added at the time of AP purchase.
So, in situation #1 I'd be *hoping* they refund me once I upgrade and in situation #2 I'd be hoping they add all memory maker privileges and not just photopass.
It's a simple thing really~ I don't want to worry about having to always scan only MY band the whole trip. Last time we all took turns scanning and it was helpful.
Has anyone dealt with these situations?
TIA!
Allison

I have a question about photopass vs memory maker and upgrading to an AP. I've been told that memory maker is included when you upgrade to an AP. We will likely upgrade my 10 day ticket to an AP at the beginning of our trip.
What's included with the Gold Pass and higher levels is unlimited PhotoPass downloads. While it functions basically the same as Memory Maker, it's not the same product. Memory Maker has a limited download window and photo expiration timeframe. With a Pass with the download entitlement, the download & expiration windows are 1 year.

I've also been told that technically it's photopass that is added to your AP account when you upgrade and with photopass I would have to scan my own band and only I would have access to the pictures. So, no one else in my family could scan their band as it would "separate out" the pictures and we'd have to pay for those if we wanted them(NOT what I want to do of course).
Any photos taken for ANYONE linked to you via the Family & Friends list will be available for the passholder to download.

I've been advised 2 different ways to do this~ purchase memory maker ahead of time and that the price would likely be refunded when I upgrade to the AP. (Don't know if this is official Disney policy but a CM advised me on this.)
Or, wait until I arrive and then memory maker could be added at the time of AP purchase.
If you are going to get a pass that includes the download entitlement, you don't need to purchase Memory Maker. Once you have an active annual pass linked to MDE, you can download any new photos and possibly some old ones (if taken within the last year).

So, after we ask a castmember photographer to take our picture, we have them scan our magic band even though we don't have Memory Maker purchased? And then we use our App on our smartphone to purchase it?

1. So, after we ask a castmember photographer to take our picture, we have them scan our magic band even though we don't have Memory Maker purchased?

2. And then we use our App on our smartphone to purchase it?

1. Yep. Anyone can get their picture taken - the service is free; you only pay if you want the pictures.

2. Yep.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered - we just got an Annual Pass and so now get unlimited PhotoPass downloads. Any tips on the fastest way to download large numbers of pictures at once, or do I have to click on every picture I want one at a time and save the image? Thanks!!

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered - we just got an Annual Pass and so now get unlimited PhotoPass downloads. Any tips on the fastest way to download large numbers of pictures at once, or do I have to click on every picture I want one at a time and save the image? Thanks!!
If using the MDE mobile app, NO.

If using the PhotoPass website, YES.
Once you log on to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com, there will be three buttons below where is says 'All Photos (###)'. Click the middle one that says 'Download Photos'. Click the 'Download' button on the pop-up and it will create one or more zip files that you can download. There may be some photos/videos not included, so compare what was in the zip files to the photos on the photopass website to see if any need to be downloaded separately.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter