• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I had a problem with memory maker. I was traveling with a group of friends and we bought the MM together and shared the login. After the trip, when I was downloading the photos, all of a sudden, all our pictures disappeared. When I tried to fix the problem, Disney told me they wouldn't put the photos back up, because I had broken the memory maker terms. Will I have any kind of problems in visiting Disney in the future or in buying another memory maker? And my friends that were linked to the account?

Hey! I had a problem with memory maker. I was traveling with a group of friends and we bought the MM together and shared the login. After the trip, when I was downloading the photos, all of a sudden, all our pictures disappeared. When I tried to fix the problem, Disney told me they wouldn't put the photos back up, because I had broken the memory maker terms. Will I have any kind of problems in visiting Disney in the future or in buying another memory maker? And my friends that were linked to the account?

I have no clue. I think the main thing disney does when your not welcomed is ban you and it doesn't sound like thta happened but I really have no clue.

post 1 has been updated with clairejohnson unfortunate situation to review terms of using memory maker and that 1 person should be downloading (better wording than that).

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I just want to be clear. My mother and I will be traveling to Disney this September. My sister and her family are also going, but they will be arriving three days after us. She purchased Memory Maker and we intend to share it. Our accounts are linked in MDE. I have two questions.

1. If we have pictures taken before they arrive, will they show up?
2. I've heard that only one person can download and edit the photos. Is this correct?

1. If we have pictures taken before they arrive, will they show up?

This is a photopass thing and not memory maker. photos will appear. to be eligible for the memory maker pre-trip price download package deal memory maker needs to be purchased at least 3 days before the first photo is taken. The exception is purchasing the military discounted version in person, that has no before photo requirement as well as the full priced memory maker.

2. I've heard that only one person can download and edit the photos. Is this correct?

Read about 4 posts up at the top of this page for what happens if more than 1 person starts to download the photos and you share the account information.

This is a photopass thing and not memory maker. photos will appear. to be eligible for the memory maker pre-trip price download package deal memory maker needs to be purchased at least 3 days before the first photo is taken. The exception is purchasing the military discounted version in person, that has no before photo requirement as well as the full priced memory maker.

Read about 4 posts up at the top of this page for what happens if more than 1 person starts to download the photos and you share the account information.

So, I should just let my sister download and then give me photos on a flash drive. I'm sure she'll share log in info with me so that we can edit our own pictures.

So, I should just let my sister download and then give me photos on a flash drive. I'm sure she'll share log in info with me so that we can edit our own pictures.

There is wording in the terms and conditions that some might interpret as this wouldn't be allowed either. Also because disney changes the terms time to time I'm only comfortable with saying you should look them over and come up with a plan that your comfortable with having reviewed disney terms and conditions for memory maker yourself.

Just to make sure I understand. We have a 2 day trip, so my best option is 2 one day MM. Do I have to purchase them on each of the days we are physically in the park or will they be available for purchase after we get home? Thank you!!!

Just to make sure I understand. We have a 2 day trip, so my best option is 2 one day MM. Do I have to purchase them on each of the days we are physically in the park or will they be available for purchase after we get home? Thank you!!!

there is no obligation to pay for anything while on the trip. enjoy, take all the photos you want and then after the trip it should be the lowest cost. The only way something else would be lower is if someone in your group is active or retired military or it would be cheaper to buy the photos individually. You can make that choice after the trip with the exception of hte military discount version of MM. that must be purchased from guest relations when your at property.

Looking for a little help. We went to 2 parks (MK & Epcot) about a week ago, so I was interested in purchasing just the single day for the 2 days as it was stated it is cheaper to do it this way. When I pull up the photos I am not showing any other option than the memory maker for $169. Any assistance with how to purchase each day separately, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Looking for a little help. We went to 2 parks (MK & Epcot) about a week ago, so I was interested in purchasing just the single day for the 2 days as it was stated it is cheaper to do it this way. When I pull up the photos I am not showing any other option than the memory maker for $169. Any assistance with how to purchase each day separately, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My guess is your looking at the vacation packages to purchase it. What you need to do is go into a photo in your photopass account and it'll offer ways to purchase it. unlimited all photos or unlimted photos of this day only should appear. that is 1 day memory maker. There was a period of time it was only on the MDE app so if your still not seeing it looking at the photos section, try in the app as disney wants you to over spend and makes it a little tricky to locate it sometimes.

We have purchased Memory Maker for our trip. My best friend is going with her mom and son at the same time. She and I linked our accounts. Does she have to be the one to scan her Magic band for the picture to show up? Neither her mom nor her son (2 years old) has an MDE account.

We have purchased Memory Maker for our trip. My best friend is going with her mom and son at the same time. She and I linked our accounts. Does she have to be the one to scan her Magic band for the picture to show up? Neither her mom nor her son (2 years old) has an MDE account.

While they may not have their own MDE account but they are on her mde account. I think there has been a few changes in this recently. I think what happens right now is anything your friend scans will appear becuase you are linked. I think if the others on the account scan you will not see them unless you also link to them. For ease of them during the trip it would be best to also link the other people on the account and then it doesn't matter. To do this, just go into family and friends, one of the options is to find people through linked people and they should appear to add them. This will sent a request to your friend for her since it's her mde account to approve You would also need to do this for fastpass or any other coordinated planning that is going on between mde accounts.

basically anyone that appears in your friends and family list can use their bands or cards to scan for photos, if they aren't in the list, link to them or make sure they aren't the ones scanning. kids love running up and wasting energy to scan their band so I recommend getting everything linked up.

While they may not have their own MDE account but they are on her mde account. I think there has been a few changes in this recently. I think what happens right now is anything your friend scans will appear becuase you are linked. I think if the others on the account scan you will not see them unless you also link to them. For ease of them during the trip it would be best to also link the other people on the account and then it doesn't matter. To do this, just go into family and friends, one of the options is to find people through linked people and they should appear to add them. This will sent a request to your friend for her since it's her mde account to approve You would also need to do this for fastpass or any other coordinated planning that is going on between mde accounts.

basically anyone that appears in your friends and family list can use their bands or cards to scan for photos, if they aren't in the list, link to them or make sure they aren't the ones scanning. kids love running up and wasting energy to scan their band so I recommend getting everything linked up.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out how to link them on my computer and it kept asking for an email, which a 2-year-old doesn't have. I was able to send the request through the app. She is in the air now, but I've sent her a text to accept the request in the app when she lands. Thank you for all the information you have put together in this thread.

So I have read everything in the initial post (very, very helpful!), but I still have a question just to be certain. If I purchase the memory maker now for an upcoming August trip, and link it to my MDE, does this start my 45 day time frame? If I am understanding correctly, the 45 days starts after the first photo or after the activation. I just want to be sure that linking in to my MDE does not activate it. I believe it was mentioned that once you download it the 45 days starts? Nothing would be worse than purchasing the Memory Maker and accidentally having it expire before our trip even begins! :thanks:

So I have read everything in the initial post (very, very helpful!), but I still have a question just to be certain. If I purchase the memory maker now for an upcoming August trip, and link it to my MDE, does this start my 45 day time frame? If I am understanding correctly, the 45 days starts after the first photo or after the activation. I just want to be sure that linking in to my MDE does not activate it. I believe it was mentioned that once you download it the 45 days starts? Nothing would be worse than purchasing the Memory Maker and accidentally having it expire before our trip even begins! :thanks:

right, it won't start until the fist picture is taken.

MM won't start until the first time you download a picture. Just remember the photos expire 30 days after they're taken, so don't wait to long to begin downloading!

right, it won't start until the fist picture is taken.

MM won't start until the first time you download a picture. Just remember the photos expire 30 days after they're taken, so don't wait to long to begin downloading!

Just clarifying some information here...

Photos expire 45 days after they were taken. Memory Maker expires 30 days after you activate it. You would activate it in order to download the photos and you'll know when you're activating it as it'll warn you and ask if you are sure. You can't activate it without photos.

I'm reading through all this, but just want to clarify. Can you take pictures at the park, wait until you get home, see how they are, and *then* purchase the memory maker? I don't really want to pay up front and find them useless. I will be bringing my own DSLR, but it's hard to get family photos, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter