Everyone was right about Whitewater Snacks

I was able to walk into the GC without showing a room key. and then walk back into the park with my ticket and handstamp.

I was able to walk into the GC without showing a room key. and then walk back into the park with my ticket and handstamp.

Going into the GC is not the issue. They'll always let you leave the park through that entrance.

I think it only matters at opening and if the park is full (has that ever happened at DCA)

I've used it a lot when staying offsite.

If asked I'd just tell them I was eating at the hotel.

It's using it to enter DCA that is the problem. I have been asked at least on two different trips to show a room key. Luckily I was at Disney hotels both times. Neither time was during a busy or peak period.

It seems they are inconsistent with their policy.

So it sounds like this is a good spot to have our breakfast before going into DCA? It's "on the way"?

We are staying at DLH so we can just eat and then head through the entrance into DCA from GC?

Just need to make sure I 100% understand!

Thanks! :flower3:

So it sounds like this is a good spot to have our breakfast before going into DCA? It's "on the way"?

We are staying at DLH so we can just eat and then head through the entrance into DCA from GC?

Just need to make sure I 100% understand!

Thanks! :flower3:

Yes, it's a great place to grab a bite to eat before you hit DCA. Cut through the GCH entrance by Libby Lou from DTD and WWS is just around the corner from Storyteller's.

They have great breakfast burritos from what I hear. In case you didn't know, they will open the GCH entrance (as well as the front entrance) to DCA at 9:30 and only Soarin will be open.

Yes, it's a great place to grab a bite to eat before you hit DCA. Cut through the GCH entrance by Libby Lou from DTD and WWS is just around the corner from Storyteller's.

They have great breakfast burritos from what I hear. In case you didn't know, they will open the GCH entrance (as well as the front entrance) to DCA at 9:30 and only Soarin will be open.

Thanks!! :hug: This board is so very helpful...I really wonder how our trip would go if I hadn't of found it....

We've always just showed our receipt from our meal at the entrance going back into DCA. Never had a problem. They will let you use that entrance if you were in the hotel for a meal.

HTH,
Kelly

Sorry for my rambling last night, it was late and I have a house full sick kids:sick:

We have never been asked to show our room key to get into DCA. But we have been asked for to ride the monorail.

WWS rules:cheer2:

So, would you recommend eating here instead of somewhere in DCA? We've not been to DCA yet, but I must admit the park food options don't look very good.

If you are in the front half of DCA (Holywood Backlot, Condor Flats, Redwood areas), it is super easy to pop into WWS. Only takes about 2 minutes to get in there from GRR area.

Another nice place to eat if you are in the back half of the park is Pacific Warf Cafe. Yummy soups and salads in sourdough breadbowls.

It's kind of like a counter service or food court restaurant, and the food portions are huge. Definitely easy to share the nachos or the chili dog basket. Or the burger. Even the kids meal hot dogs looked almost to be a foot long.

It's cafeteria style. Grab a tray and load up, and the cashier adds it up at the end. We loved that they had cut up fresh fruit and veggies, with dip, along with everything else. You can eat inside at the tables, or go outside to the covered patio area with picnic tables. One end overlooks the pool area; the other end is by DCA and sometimes one of the friendly Disney cats will come and look interestedly at your tray! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at the GC 3 different times and have used the entrance to DCA tons of times. No one in my family has ever been asked to show a room key. The funny part about this I have never eaten at Whitewater Snacks. I don't think I have ever even walked in. It is a must on this trip.

I like the looks of this place, and the fact that you can get fresh fruit and veggies for snacks!!

I bought a kid's meal for myself to take back to our room. mmmm...... Uncrustable PB&J and a Mickey cookie.

Here are a few pics I took last week. First one is the steak nachos. Second two are of the stray cat that hangs around outside. She is so friendly!

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

DSC03751.jpg

Is there a place similiar to White Water Snacks at the Disneyland Hotel?

Not like White Water Snacks where it is a little food court...
they have a coffee shop where in the morning they have some pastry, etc. offerings and beverages and snacks throughout the day.

They have Goofy's Kitchen and Hook's Point and a bar which are not counter service.

They have Croc's Bits and Bites which is counter service by the pool that has a limited menu such as burgers, chicken fingers, nachos, etc.
But someone *please* tell me the food is better at White Water Snacks!
Maybe it was an off day, but the food here was pretty ick the day we had it...

You can check out the restaurants and menus at the DLH on allears.

We are looking forward to eating at White Water Snacks this time around!

I can not believe we didn't eat there in October, especially since we STAYED at the GCH. Ugh. LOL It's on our must list for this trip for sure. That French Dip picture made me so hungry. LOL

Here are a few pics I took last week. First one is the steak nachos. Second two are of the stray cat that hangs around outside. She is so friendly!

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

DSC03751.jpg

Those nachos look really good-- thanks for the picture. She is so pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter