EVERYONE remembers their "FIRST TIME"TR by Timandlesley 11/27 Day5 pg.18

Wonderful update!! Congrats to Lauren for conquering RnRC!!! What a great evening for you and Tim. Can't wait to read more about your trip of firsts!

Melissa

What an awesome day and night!!

The Neverland Club looks super cool. DS would totally freak out. He is obsessed with Peter pan. I will definately be looking into that next trip.

F&W Fest looks like so much fun. What a special time the 2 of you had together!!

Hi guys!!!!:goodvibes I must say I am absolutely flattered by all of you reading and posting:flower3:, sure does make writing this all the more worth it - just love sharing our experiences with all of you. I am a little overwhelmed time wise and can't respond to EACH AND EVERY post but be assured I read them and appreciate them all.
I wanted to answer everyone's questions though, so I am posting those below:
Yes, BLT did still have that "new car smell" JUST LOVED IT!!!
As for Tim's December Trip........ well, he was a Beta Tester for the Dis podcast's new Disboards app for iPhone and they
gave all of the beta testers free tickets for Disapalooza- not that the ticket is expensive, but he has wanted
to go anyway and I started thinking "just cause I can't go, doesn't mean he shouldn't go". I think he was SHOCKED
when I said "well, you should go!" we started looking at plane tickets, he got a great rate and we were able to
get him a studio at Saratoga Springs for 2 nights (he'll be there December 11-13th). I just can't take another day
off work to go, ALTHOUGH I WOULD LOVE TOO!!! Then Tim started thinking he would like some company, he didn't want
to go all alone, so he called Bryan (ddisrunner's husband- who we've become very close too) and he could go,
so Tim and Bryan are VERY excited to be going in December. Bryan just called Tim and surprised him by booking
Candlelight processional for them too - so it will be ANOTHER trip of firsts for Tim in December and he promises
to do a TR for it, so STAY TUNED!!!!

No, I didn't bring the fall popcorn container home, but it was awesome to see : ) Funny you ask about the camera we use,
we currently have a Kodak 10.1 megapixel camera, I am not happy AT ALL with it's night time or fireworks photo's, so
we've been looking for a new one, WE JUST upgraded and it came in the mail today and I can't wait for Tim to take
it in December- Cannon EOS Rebel camera, it is AWESOME!

As for the Bay Lake Pool question, no, you don't go through the tiles when on the slide, you go up the steps surrounded by them,
and there is a walkthrough behind the slide where you go under them that goes from the jacuzzi area to the kids
splash area, it's so nice!
No, the kids don't get upset about our date nights. It's something we've always instilled in our kids, that
mom and dad quality time is important for our family - they LOVE the childcare centers at Disney and always beg
to go again throughout the trips.

Sooze- Tim got his shirt at the local Disney store, they had a whole bunch of organic nature t's. No, lauren has ridden TOT
since she was THREE!!!! : ) She is one brave soul : )I AGREE!!! We HAVE to get to Disney together and let Matt and
Tim play!!! LOVE YOUR comments Sooze, I have no idea how you do that, but I LOVE it and look forward to your comments so much,
so THANK YOU!

Laura- no, this was the first time we've gotten the rolls at Mama Melrose, they were a nice surprise. Yes, we
did the regular dining plan this trip : ) I asked the kids about the pools and they couldn't decide between
BLT and AKL, they love both equally.

Amy- Yes, be sure to say hello to Tim at Disapalooza.
Nicole- Tim and Bryan will be at Disapalooza, please say hi!!! : )
stargazer- I think the slushies were just a food and wine thing, but I'm not 100% on that.
Sleepingbooty- YES, the kids LOVED Neverland club!!! They said it was their favorite one yet.
RinkyTinkyTinky- HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
VanessainWonderland- YOU ARE SO RIGHT about Lauren, I'll show Luke your comment tomorrow and he will LOVE it : )

THANKS GUYS!!!!
Lesley

Oh, I have a feeling Bryan and Tim are going to be able to regale us with some very funny stories about their guys' trip to WDW!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Oh how I love your mega updates!! :yay: Looks like it was a terrific day! I can't believe how many rides at DHS you walked on despite EMH! I've never eaten at Mama Melrose but I'm thinking I may have to try it!

You and Tim look like you had so much fun at F&W! Love that picture in Germany, by the way! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for Tim's guy trip report. I'm thinking about going for DISapalooza too so I'll "spy" on them to make sure they're behaving. ;)

What a treat to read 2 installments of your report this morning! LOVE the pics of Lauren at the airport, I can just hear her cute raspy voice now!! You all look SO EXCITED!!!! I too get all giddy when I see the "Welcome Home" signs everywhere! The pic of you in the elevator on your way back up to meet Tim and the kids you and Luke look SO MUCH alike!!! We LOVED that walkway back and forth between BLT and the CR!! LOVE Luke's smile in that pic! OF COURSE Tim is posing crazy with the tree poles, I would expect NOTHING LESS!! Teppan Edo looked GREAT but the Tokyo Sunset looked even better YUM!!! So glad you and Tim had such a GREAT date night! I now see why Tim couldn't post properly on facebook!:rotfl2: The Neverland Club looked so cool, did the kids like it better there or at Simba's? Yay for Lauren and picking a pearl, HOW CUTE!! LOVED Luke's Mario shirt too!!! Looking forward to more!!!:goodvibes

PS HOORAY for Lauren on RNRC!!!!!! Eric will join you this summer!:thumbsup2

Hi Lesley! I subscribed a couple of days ago and it looks like it's going to take me all weekend to get caught up! Can't wait to read about all of your adventures!
Anita

Just popping in to say I found you!!! We did overlap in trips a bit but the days you were there I was at a conference and park time was limited and unpredictable.
Bummed that I did not seek out the "Sum of all thrills". For some reason I thought was not out yet.

Awesome pictures. I enjoyed the Cosmo Slush too with the ribs France offered - also yummy.

Those guys in DHS did the opening ceremonies when I was at rope drop on Sunday the 18th? Hilarious- side spliting skit

Enjoying it and Iwill look for myself in the background of your pictures. hehe

So what does Tim think of the DIS app?

By the way, I have a rebel XSI be patient as you learn it, but definitely peruse the photography boards for tips! The biggest tip I can give is to invest in a tripod for fireworks/night time use. The camera needs to be on a slow shutter speed to capture them, this is something I learned just recently after being very dissapointed in my shots!

OK, all caught up! I just showed my ds10 the pictures of the BLT pool and he really want to stay there now. Your f&w evening makes me want a date night next October...

I absolutely love reading your reports and I can't wait for more! Your family is so much fun! DH and I can't wait for our little one to join us for future trips.

Hi Lesley! Just came across your new trip report and am coming out of lurkdom to join in. Great updates and info. Looking forward to reading more.

Oh, your day sounds wonderful. No waits for RnR or TOT. Lauren is very brave to do both of those. Sophie LOVES RnR, but we haven't been able to talk her into TOT for a couple of years. She's done it before and we almost had her on it this year, but the weather didn't cooperate with us. We had a FP for later that evening, but it poured for a couple hours so it didn't end up happening.

The popcorn box would have made me smile too. And enjoying anything at Disney without sweating sounds delightful. Strolling through Epcot in the evening with food, wine and no kids sounds like heaven to me!

Thanks for sharing! It would take nothing to talk me into DVC, you know that. If only we didn't have that private school tuition to pay!

Looking forward to the next update.

Great Updates - I can't believe Lauren rode RnRC and loved it... She is a brave one! Love the date night pictures! I can't wait to get back for all the Christmas stuff... just 32 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter