• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everyone PLEASE READ! Important

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
There was an incident today with someone joining the DIS and sending out PMs to VMK posters and also posting on the board that they were a moderator.

They are not.

If we ever add a moderator there will be an announcement first.

Also we will NEVERask you to provide us with your password or any other account info.

here is a copy of the PM they were sending:

Hello there I'm <id removed> and the dis staff has asked me to be a dis moderater! Yes, I know it's exciting (well for me anyway).

Ok so to the point.... the dis staff people have asked me to ask you if you would so kindly give me your password again so I may update your account because it seems like the staff has lost it and need to update yours It would be much appreciative. Thanks for reading this and pm me right back with your password because the staff say that if they don't have your password within 3 days your account will be lost and that wouldn't be good Again pm me back asap. Toodles!

If you ever receive a PM or email similar to this please forward to :

admin@wdwinfo.com right away!

Thanks and be safe!

Oh man... a dumbo scammer used a cute word like toodles!

Thanks for the heads up.

SHAME ON THEM!!!

Wow! How low will people go... :confused3

Get off the DIS boards - we don't want you here!

All I can say is wow. How low can you go. What would be the point in taking peoples log in passwwords unless your where going to post bad coments to get the people in trouble. That is so low the lowest of the lows. Why do people stupe to this behavior.

Glad I did not get that pm I would have sent out a posse to get the creep.

I hate to see this kind of behavior .. I guess now that school's out, the kiddies have a little too much time on their hands????

I hate to see this kind of behavior .. I guess now that school's out, the kiddies have a little too much time on their hands????

I do but not to do anything bad xD I just play all of my online games I play

it seems like the staff has lost it
rofl yeah right. Any smart person would know that staff don't have the passwords, it's the computer that stores the information.

Wait... does that even WORK?

I've been foruming for YEARS, and never once has a weird event taken place that the moderators needed to do something that required our passwords.

How stupid do they think we are?

They must think we have no brains at all. This person can't even use correct grammar.

Oh man... a dumbo scammer used a cute word like toodles!

And can't spell "Moderator."

So sad to see people doing this on a simple message board. Come on ppl, aren't their better things to do with your time? or your life?

Thanks for the heads up!

They must think we have no brains at all. This person can't even use correct grammar.
Uh... I really didn't see a problem with grammar in it except for lack of punctuation and one wrong suffix. Oh, and lack of capitalization, but that is normal on message boards.

Anyways, how stupid do they think we could be? I'm gonna guess this person mainly sent it to newer people, thinking they would know next to nothing. :(

Im sad to say this was sent to me.. it felt really really weird! But i sent this to Mal right away!! i hope all follow her insructions and be carful!

Quote:
Hello there I'm <id removed> and the dis staff has asked me to be a dis moderater! Yes, I know it's exciting (well for me anyway).

Ok so to the point.... the dis staff people have asked me to ask you if you would so kindly give me your password again so I may update your account because it seems like the staff has lost it and need to update yours It would be much appreciative. Thanks for reading this and pm me right back with your password because the staff say that if they don't have your password within 3 days your account will be lost and that wouldn't be good Again pm me back asap. Toodles

Look at how things are phrased. I love the whole "Yes I know its exciting (well for me anyways)." :lmao: Then on top of it if there really was a problem with your password then how could you be reading the message and be logged in? It was IMO a really, REALLY bad attempt at trying to get passwords. I would hope that no one fell for that one. As was said computers store passwords. :rolleyes: Plus what good would taking a password from here really do? Its not like we have credit card info on here or something like that.:sad2: Either way its wrong though and just stupid.

Thanks for Posting this Mal. :) I was too much of a CB lurker to actually be much of interest to this person... :rotfl:

:hug: to anyone that had this message come to people!

I'd laugh if I received a message like that. But I think the scammer was
probably targeting kids.

I wonder if this Clueless Wonder is the same person who was harrassing
people in chat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter