Everyone home from 9/7/02 cruise?

Mary Lynne

Earning My Ears
I know we had a wonderful time. Did everyone make it home safe and sound? We got stuck in a traffic jam cause by a horrible accident on I-75. It took us 2 1/2 hours to go 9 miles!!!! After that is was an easy drive. I hope everyone enjoyed there cruise as much as we did.

Shelly - it was so nice meeting you at the mickey pool. I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to talk.

DW and I made it home last night. Our only difficulty on the way home was a 1 1/2 hour delay on our layover in Memphis. We were on the plane, got ready to pull out, and the cockpit door opened. I said to my wife "that can't be good". Sure enough, they had a broken wire on a radio microphone, so we had to sit at the gate for 1 1/2 hours until they fixed it. But then we got home safe and sound!

Mary Lynne, which way on 75? We just got past a bad accident on our way home that closed all lanes of 75 just north of Fort Myers.

tstobb- It was north bound right at Ocala. We were routed through Ocala to the next exit. We also saw the helicopter leave the site, so we know it was bad. My husband is a fatality investigator with our police dept. so I can tell you there was probably a death. It sure puts a perspective on how lucky we all are. I said a small prayer for anyone who may have been involved and their families.

We made it back to Texas with little or no trouble other than we forgot a carry on bag in the overhead on the plane and they are trying to track it down. My makeup and jewelry are flying Southwest Airline somewhere. The plane we were on was continuing on to Phoenix. I hope they find it.

Janice

Just got all of the digital pictures onto the hard drive here at home - all 1430 of them! Looks like I need to do some sorting & editing!:crazy:

We made it home to South Carolina late Sunday night without any traffic problems (we took care of those on the way down--12 hours to get to the port -vs- 6.5 hours to get home). We went to the parks on Saturday after we got off the boat. It seemed like a good idea at the beginning but boy were we tired by the time the Kingdom closed at 9pm!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter