Everyone departing Vancouver for Alaska today (5/16)!

Calantha

DIS Veteran
Good luck to everyone leaving on the first Alaska cruise of the season today (since 2019). I wish you fine weather and many amazing experiences...that you can share with the rest of us when you get home next week (or in transit if there is good internet). :sunny:

Please give us updates on the testing requirements flying into Vancouver…have a WONDERful time.

Process is a little messy as different ppl tell you different things still atm.
notes:
- Can check in baggage at cruise terminal P2 level prior to check in. Might be able to get there through convention centre in the back to avoid the lineup at that single elevator?
- There are multiple testing sites/places so make sure to go the right one. The right one for Disney is at the back side of Fairmont hotel by a small water fountain. It is strictly based on port arrival time but line ups start forming early. Biggest hint is our testing is provided by Inspire and it’s “free” as in already paid for by Disney
- Testing time is seeing about 30min delay, not too bad. Update Now about 1hr.
Can’t say for the rest of the process but if there interest I can keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
notes:
- Can check in baggage at cruise terminal P2 level prior to check in. Might be able to get there through convention centre in the back to avoid the lineup at that single elevator?
- There are multiple testing sites/places so make sure to go the right one. The right one for Disney is at the back side of Fairmont hotel by a small water fountain. It is strictly based on port arrival time but line ups start forming early.
- Testing time is seeing about 30min delay, not too bad.
Can’t say for the rest of the process but if there interest I can keep everyone posted.
Oh please do. This is so helpful!

notes:
- There are multiple testing sites/places so make sure to go the right one. The right one for Disney is at the back side of Fairmont hotel by a small water fountain. It is strictly based on port arrival time but line ups start forming early. Biggest hint is our testing is provided by Inspire and it’s “free” as in already paid for by Disney
Is there a marked line for 90d recovery status people? Assume don’t have to test, just go directly to check-in (where is that?) if “Clear to Sail”?

notes:
Is it PCR or antigen? Saw that they changed the transatlantic to PCR last minute so was wondering if they were going to do the same for Alaska/Europe

notes:
Yes, please continue to update as able. So if we're staying at the Pan Pacific and check our luggage, then we walk to the Fairmont for testing? I'm also curious if it's PCR or antigen?

Also, does concierge have early access to testing since they don't have PAT? Are they testing people in order of PAT?

Our test was I believe still antigen. I had no indication what test was performed but results were in within 15min so should be antigen?

Is there a marked line for 90d recovery status people? Assume don’t have to test, just go directly to check-in (where is that?) if “Clear to Sail”?
Sorry we didn’t qualify for 90day recovery so we didn’t look for a separate line for it. Could it be app based too?

Yes, please continue to update as able. So if we're staying at the Pan Pacific and check our luggage, then we walk to the Fairmont for testing? I'm also curious if it's PCR or antigen?
We checked in our lugguage first prior to testing/checkin as we were told we could do that. Saw plenty of ppl w lugguage w tags in the testing lineup.
Pro is avoid bottle neck w lugguage tag and elevator
Con is if you test positive for covid your lugguage maybe going on a cruise without you.

Last edited:
Also, does concierge have early access to testing since they don't have PAT? Are they testing people in order of PAT?
Testing didn’t show any concierge dedicated line but I wasn’t actually looking for it so coudl have missed it and I’m sure you get special treatment ;)

Last edited:
After test…
- cross back to cruise terminal street level through convention centre all the way to the back to check in
- after check in go back forward a bit and one level below for customs.
- after that we were pretty much in deck 3!!
- moved to azure? For intro to wifi and app
- do your virtual muster checkin right then, quick and easy. No need to waste time waiting in a room and then move etc … all done on your own w app. Nice. Must be completed by 16:00
- neck strap and keycards all on the room now
- upgrades are now done at 7pm guest services or chat via app
- restaurant request eg us adding 3 additional guest to our Paolo brunch day all via app chat. No lineup
Best of luck land folks. Adios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter