Every thing you want to know about Magic Kingdom and then some...

I was going to use this Spot to post information on the Characters you can find at MK, however, it was recommended to me by some fellow DISers that Kenny the Pirate has the best and most updated list.

They are so right!!! I found the blog and it is wonderful! So my many, many, thanks to Kenny the Pirate for making this part of my MK planning super easy.

If you are looking for Character information related to MK my suggestion would be to visit Kenny the Pirates Blog at kennythepirate.com.

Maybe this is a good spot to post the link to Kenny the Pirate's list. I have been to his site before, and he is great. That way all who are interested in the list can click the link and head on over.

My biggest tip for MK would be late night EMH. I know a lot of people suggest early morning EMH, but I am NOT an early riser. I have always been a night owl. So...we usually nap midday and head over to MK for wishes and late night EMH. I usually don't go anywhere near Fantasyland during the day unless I am just passing through or have a fastpass to Peter Pan. At the nighttime EMH, we hit those rides repeatedly with little to no wait. I rode Buzz like 15 times in a row last September. Loved it!

The other thing I like to do is to take the train over to Splash and BTMRR. Saves a lot of walking. We will sometimes turn around and hit Pirates and JC then.

Blackbeltdisneygirl said:
Maybe this is a good spot to post the link to Kenny the Pirate's list. I have been to his site before, and he is great. That way all who are interested in the list can click the link and head on over.

My biggest tip for MK would be late night EMH. I know a lot of people suggest early morning EMH, but I am NOT an early riser. I have always been a night owl. So...we usually nap midday and head over to MK for wishes and late night EMH. I usually don't go anywhere near Fantasyland during the day unless I am just passing through or have a fastpass to Peter Pan. At the nighttime EMH, we hit those rides repeatedly with little to no wait. I rode Buzz like 15 times in a row last September. Loved it!

The other thing I like to do is to take the train over to Splash and BTMRR. Saves a lot of walking. We will sometimes turn around and hit Pirates and JC then.

I have a family who likes late EMH too. They would rather sleep late, eat a 10:30 character breakfast and then hit the parks till midnight.

I love the idea of riding the train to BTMRR. My family has never been on the train but we had a customer of ours who actually helped build the train. He worked for Disney for 40 something years. He passed away while we were at Disney this past December and when I got home and found out I made a promise that I would take my family on the train in his memory. He was a wonderful man and I loved talking with him about Disney.

I will add your tips to the main page soon. I have two sick kids so I haven't been able to update or add things lately.

Also I'm still waiting to see if anyone can confirm some of the things I have posted. I really like to find all the little hidden extras.

If you go into Tony's and ask, they will take your autograph book into the restaurant and get Lady and Tramp's autographs for you. Plus, outside the restaurant in the cement are their paw prints in a heart. There are usually strollers parked in this area, so you may have to search a bit ~ but so worth it to have a photo of them!

Ok I just read this in a book and I am hoping it's still true - can someone confirm and if it is still at MK I'll add it to the extra part above.

Le Chapeau Shop
If you enter the shop from the door nearest Tony's Town Square, where you will find a phone in a small room on the right, next to the door. Pick up the receiver and you will discover it's a party line.

Yep, this is true! Listen for a while, it's very entertaining :goodvibes

If it rains, put on your rain gear and go to the MK. Most rides are inside with a few exceptions like Dumbo. Lines are very short.

Yes, late is great! Not EMH but last night we got into ETWB just before park closing with no wait... They were begging people to come in!

If you go into Tony's and ask, they will take your autograph book into the restaurant and get Lady and Tramp's autographs for you. Plus, outside the restaurant in the cement are their paw prints in a heart. There are usually strollers parked in this area, so you may have to search a bit ~ but so worth it to have a photo of them!

Oh I can't wait to do this. My DH and DS love Italian food so we like to have lunch at Tony's. I had no idea you good get Lady and Tramp's autograph. I will be adding that to my must do list and to the front of this thread. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS TIP!!!! Please come back soon if you have more.

Can someone pretty please tell me what the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is all about? Or where I might find more info?

Can someone pretty please tell me what the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is all about? Or where I might find more info?

I believe there is a whole thread devoted to it.. and there's got to be some FAQs somewhere.. but Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom is a collectible card game that you play in MK. Hades is trying to gain control of the Magic Kingdom with help from several other Disney Villains.

Go to the Firehouse at the beginning of Main Street. Show them your entry ticket and you'll get a pack of cards, a map of the video locations, and a key card to start the adventure. Each card is a magic spell. You also get a tutorial on how to play. Basically, you'll go to specific locations in the lands (Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Fantasyland) and watch a short video. You'll show a card to the video screen and you'll hopefully win the challenge. There are several stories and each one ends with defeating a villain. I believe there are 8 or 9 stories in all.

You won't play the adventures in a specific order except for the first and the last. Also, if you are playing with others, they may not be directed to the same spot you are going to for the next 'chapter'.

You can get a pack of 5 cards per day per entry ticket. You can also get another pack of cards when you complete all the chapters.

It is a LONG adventure. I spent one day in the magic kingdom just doing the game.. I rode maybe 3 rides that day.

Rides
On some of the darker rides, like Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean, you might want to give younger kids a flashlight.

Please don't do this. You are not the only people on the ride, and like flash photography, this will interfere with other people's ride experiences. If your child is too scared to ride, don't make them. There are PLENTY of non-scary rides at WDW.

christie_megansmom said:
Please don't do this. You are not the only people on the ride, and like flash photography, this will interfere with other people's ride experiences. If your child is too scared to ride, don't make them. There are PLENTY of non-scary rides at WDW.

I agree. Thank you.

We gave our kids a glow stick. That seemed less likely to bother anyone else, but still gave the kid some light for security.

A flashlight/flash photography will ruin some of the special effects in those rides as well, not just illuminate the darkness.

A glowstick is a good suggestion as long as they aren't waving it around, they can keep it in their laps and have a little magic light of their own.

What also might be good is to have your child wear clothing with white or white stripes. Disney uses a lot of black light in dark rides to get their fluorescent colors to pop. The white in the kid's shirts will also glow and that can be kinda cool :)

We've taken a small flashlight into the dark rides. My DD loved those rides but hated too much darkness. Everything from Snow White to Living with the Land. Mind you, it was a small child's light, very dim, and she knew to keep it low on her lap. Like a glow stick, it didn't even illuminate our car/boat/seat but it made her happy to know it was there.

We've done glow in the dark fingernail polish. Our DD was so excited to ride the dark rides to see her nails glow!

I have a family who likes late EMH too. They would rather sleep late, eat a 10:30 character breakfast and then hit the parks till midnight.

I love the idea of riding the train to BTMRR. My family has never been on the train but we had a customer of ours who actually helped build the train. He worked for Disney for 40 something years. He passed away while we were at Disney this past December and when I got home and found out I made a promise that I would take my family on the train in his memory. He was a wonderful man and I loved talking with him about Disney.

I will add your tips to the main page soon. I have two sick kids so I haven't been able to update or add things lately.

Also I'm still waiting to see if anyone can confirm some of the things I have posted. I really like to find all the little hidden extras.

Love the tribute. What a wonderful way to remember someone. Sometimes when i make shirts I will put a tribute to my grandpa and the baby I lost just so I will feel like they are part of the trip.

I hope your kids are all better now!

We've done glow in the dark fingernail polish. Our DD was so excited to ride the dark rides to see her nails glow!
I love this idea!!!!

frugalfanny said:

I can see my DD (7) loving this!!! Thanks for that tip :)

Rides

FAST PASS
Big Thunder Mt. Railroad - 40in or taller, Thrill Ride (Frontierland)
Buzz Lightyear - any height, spinning (Tomorrowland) TIP: You don't have to keep pulling the trigger to shoot at the targets. You can hold the trigger in and the blaster will shoot continuously. The smaller targets and those farther away will score bigger points.
Jungle Cruise - any height, slow ride (Adventureland)
Peter Pan's Flight - any height, small drops, slow ride (Fantasyland)
Space Mountain - 40in or taller, Thrill Ride, Big Drops (Tomorrowland)
Splash Mountain - 40in or taller, Thrill Ride, Wet (Frontierland)
Under the Sea (Ariel's) - any height, slow ride (Fantasyland)
Winnie the Pooh - any height, slow ride (Fantasyland)

NO FAST PASS
Astro Orbiter - any height, slow ride, spinning (Tomorrowland)
Dumbo The Flying Elephant - any height, spinning (Fantasyland)
The Branstormer - 35in or taller, small roller coaster (Fantasyland)
Haunted Mansion - any height, Dark, Slow (Liberty Square)
It's a Small World - any height, slow (Fantasyland)
Liberty Belle Riverboat - any height, slow (Liberty Square)
Mad Tea party - any height, spinning (Fantasyland)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin - any height, spinning (Adventureland)
Pirates of the Caribbean - any height, dark, small drops (Adventureland)
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel - any height, slow (Fantasyland)
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - 32in or taller (Tomorrowland)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority - any height, slow (Tomorrowland)
Walt Disney World Railroad -any height (Main Street USA)

COMING SOON
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (due to open in 2013 - 2014)

SHOWS
Carousel of Progress (Tomorrowland)
Country Bear Jamboree (Frontierland)
Enchanted Tales with Belle (Fantasyland)
Hall of Presidents (Liberty Square)
Mickey's PhilharMagic FASTPASS (Fantasyland)
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland)
Stitch's Great Escape - 40in or taller, LOUD, DARK (Tomorrowland)
Tiki Room (Adventureland)

OTHERS
Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station - playarea where kids can get wet
Cinderella Castle (Fantasyland)
Frontierland Shootin' Arcade (Frontierland)
Swiss Family Treehouse (Adventureland)
Tom Sawyer Island (Frontierland)
Tomorrowland Arcare (Tomorrowland)

On some of the darker rides, like Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean, you might want to give younger kids a flashlight.

This is awesome!!! :cheer2: Are there lists available for any of the other parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter