• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Yes, drivers can pick up at your building at OKW. It wouldn't hurt to contact the driver via the app when they're getting close to tell them your exact location.

I think you should be able to get an Uber around midnight. If they're not still hanging out at TTC, there should be some at DS who can get to Poly in around 15 minutes.

Oh, that's great, thanks joelkfla! I had started wondering if maybe they'd only let you do pick ups and drop offs at the resort check in building which could possibly be a ways from our building. Glad to hear they can come to my exact location. And, thanks for the heads up, that's a good idea to let them know as they get closer! Yeah, wouldn't wanna get stuck without being able to get a ride back from the Poly, lol, but waiting a little bit isn't a problem.

Thanks for responding!

We had Robert as our driver from disney to universal and had a great experience. Would highly recommend as an easy way to get to universal without a car.

I am really liking the use of Uber for those stubborn times or when you want to take a route that Disney does not do well.

Love it. (Cabbies hate it :D)

Oh, that's great, thanks joelkfla! I had started wondering if maybe they'd only let you do pick ups and drop offs at the resort check in building which could possibly be a ways from our building. Glad to hear they can come to my exact location. And, thanks for the heads up, that's a good idea to let them know as they get closer! Yeah, wouldn't wanna get stuck without being able to get a ride back from the Poly, lol, but waiting a little bit isn't a problem.

Thanks for responding!
I believe they still can't pick up at individual buildings at CSR. At least that's what our driver told us last month. All other resorts, yes but she said there are inside gates at CSR and they can't open them

Can Uber drop off at CR when there is no ADR?
Yes. We have done this numerous times without issue.
CR is hesitant to let people in to park without an ADR but when the driver tells the guard they are there for drop off he waves them on in. Never even asks why we are going

I believe they still can't pick up at individual buildings at CSR. At least that's what our driver told us last month. All other resorts, yes but she said there are inside gates at CSR and they can't open them

Yes, CSR is always a pain. They wont even let us wait in front of checkin building for you. If youre not getting right in the car, they make us park in the lot

Yes. We have done this numerous times without issue.
CR is hesitant to let people in to park without an ADR but when the driver tells the guard they are there for drop off he waves them on in. Never even asks why we are going

CR has gotten really good at spotting uber drivers and letting us right on through. Ive only ever run into the "ADR 20 million questions let me scan your magic band" routine when its really really busy (Christmas and New Years)

Yes, CSR is always a pain. They wont even let us wait in front of checkin building for you. If youre not getting right in the car, they make us park in the lot

Ok the Rob, we should maybe be out front at CSR 5-10 min before scheduled Uber pick up to save time? We are planning an earlier morning pick up next weekend to the Poly and want to make sure we do it right! We are Uber newbies!

Ok the Rob, we should maybe be out front at CSR 5-10 min before scheduled Uber pick up to save time? We are planning an earlier morning pick up next weekend to the Poly and want to make sure we do it right! We are Uber newbies!

Heres how it works: The app will quote an ETA for a car (at wdw it adds an extra two mins for some reason..so if its quoting 7, itll be more like 5) so once you request the car itll start coming. Its entirely on demand and theres no advance scheduling yet (that feature is under development). So for CSR its helpful if youre there at the curb right in front of the checkin building watching for the car. If youre not there, the car will proceed directly across to check in parking and wait there near the cabs.

FYI - We never request our ride till we are at the pick up spot, or just a minute or two away. I do this as a courtesy to the driver and out of respect for their time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a pick up spot to see drivers waiting on passengers. We can get there, call for our driver, get in a car and be on our way before the other passengers even get out. I often see the drivers on the phone trying to explain where they are also. We've used it often at all parks so we know where pick ups are but it can be confusing that first time. Which only delays the user getting to the pick up.

I will check to see what it looks like to be sure there isn't some extra ordinary wait showing but seeing how we can use any size car and don't need a car seat car it's never hard for us to find a ride nearby with more than a 5 min wait.

Another newb question.... if I want to rope drop at the Internal Gateway at Epcot from CBR what destination do I give the diver? What gets you closest to the walkway?

For early mornings I would rather Uber than use the buses, except for MK.

Thank you!!

Another newb question.... if I want to rope drop at the Internal Gateway at Epcot from CBR what destination do I give the diver? What gets you closest to the walkway?

For early mornings I would rather Uber than use the buses, except for MK.

Thank you!!
BC is slightly closer to the IG than Boardwalk, but not by a lot.

Heres how it works: The app will quote an ETA for a car (at wdw it adds an extra two mins for some reason..so if its quoting 7, itll be more like 5) so once you request the car itll start coming. Its entirely on demand and theres no advance scheduling yet (that feature is under development). So for CSR its helpful if youre there at the curb right in front of the checkin building watching for the car. If youre not there, the car will proceed directly across to check in parking and wait there near the cabs.

FYI - We never request our ride till we are at the pick up spot, or just a minute or two away. I do this as a courtesy to the driver and out of respect for their time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a pick up spot to see drivers waiting on passengers. We can get there, call for our driver, get in a car and be on our way before the other passengers even get out. I often see the drivers on the phone trying to explain where they are also. We've used it often at all parks so we know where pick ups are but it can be confusing that first time. Which only delays the user getting to the pick up.

I will check to see what it looks like to be sure there isn't some extra ordinary wait showing but seeing how we can use any size car and don't need a car seat car it's never hard for us to find a ride nearby with more than a 5 min wait.

Excellent. Thank you both! So I want to get picked up by 8am at CSR so I can use the app to request the car as I'm walking to the lobby.... We will squeeze in any type too and don't need a car seat. This is awesome!

I just created my account and agreed to the Push notifications - it said that will replace a text right? I'm Canadian and paying for an international text plan that day would really decrease my savings of using uber.

Excellent. Thank you both! So I want to get picked up by 8am at CSR so I can use the app to request the car as I'm walking to the lobby.... We will squeeze in any type too and don't need a car seat. This is awesome!

I just created my account and agreed to the Push notifications - it said that will replace a text right? I'm Canadian and paying for an international text plan that day would really decrease my savings of using uber.

The app itself has never texted me. Drivers might send you a txt if they arrive and dont see you. I cant tell you how many times ive sent off "Arrived. White Buick SUV". :P

I have never used Uber.... after reading this thread and looking at estimated pick-up times on the app.. I'm SOLD! I don't care that Disney transportation is free. I want the freedom of not having to wait extended periods of time for buses!!

I'll be calling Ubers from 11/26 to 12/6!!

When you say "squeeze in," remember that UberX cannot squeeze in more than 4 riders. Everyone has to have a seat belt.

I had a family at DS a couple of weeks ago that wanted to put 2 adults & 3 kids in my car. I had to tell her to request an XL.

When you say "squeeze in," remember that UberX cannot squeeze in more than 4 riders. Everyone has to have a seat belt.

I had a family at DS a couple of weeks ago that wanted to put 2 adults & 3 kids in my car. I had to tell her to request an XL.

We are only 4 .... Just meant if it's a smaller car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter