• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

We dont see your actual number, and vice versa. However, you definitely should use a number you can receive texts (and calls if possible) through in case a clarification is needed.
Thank you. I can just use my own number when I sign up then. My phone has roaming plan. Few more weeks to wait

Anyone notice problems with availability for Uber Family (with car seat) ? A few weeks ago I tested similar hours I wanted to use the service and there was always 1 to 3 car available, but these day I don't see any availability at the hours I think we'll use it (like 6h45-7h AM to go to Universal)! I'm worried that this will go on in october :(

Anyone notice problems with availability for Uber Family (with car seat) ? A few weeks ago I tested similar hours I wanted to use the service and there was always 1 to 3 car available, but these day I don't see any availability at the hours I think we'll use it (like 6h45-7h AM to go to Universal)! I'm worried that this will go on in october :(
I'd honestly be hesitant to rely on the car seat service simply because the cars with it are much more limited and in a place like Disney area (or other theme park areas in Orlando) I can see them all being in use most of the time. Especially at a busy time like park opening/closing times. If there is any way to have your own car seat I would do it so you aren't limited.

I'd honestly be hesitant to rely on the car seat service simply because the cars with it are much more limited and in a place like Disney area (or other theme park areas in Orlando) I can see them all being in use most of the time. Especially at a busy time like park opening/closing times. If there is any way to have your own car seat I would do it so you aren't limited.

I'm thinking it'll probably be easier to rent a car with a car seat for 2 days, but I can't seem to fit the pick-up time anywhere where the actual car rental is open without losing park time :(

I'm thinking it'll probably be easier to rent a car with a car seat for 2 days, but I can't seem to fit the pick-up time anywhere where the actual car rental is open without losing park time :(
Is there still a car agency on property? Wasn't sure if that left when the AAA partnership ended
Thankfully for us, DGD has aged out of requiring a car seat at Disney so I haven't researched a rental car down there in quite some time

I've noticed a decrease in availability over the past few days, also. Just checking all 4 parks, and no car seats availability anywhere on property. There are a couple available at Universal and SeaWorld, but with 15 minute waits.

Just a guess, but possibly Uber is not replacing drivers with car seats who decide to quit? There was a push for it when they first rolled it out in the area, but I haven't seen anything from Uber recently encouraging drivers to get car seats. Drivers have to buy the seats themselves, starting around $120 new, and get just $6 extra per ride, so it can take awhile to recoup the expense.
Is there still a car agency on property? Wasn't sure if that left when the AAA partnership ended
Alamo is still at the Car Care Center, with a desk also at the Dolphin. I don' think the car rental was ever associated with AAA; it just happened to be co-located.

I really don't mind the wait... but if none are available, we'll be screwed :( We'll miss rope drop at Universal... Might just need to go with Mears.

I really don't mind the wait... but if none are available, we'll be screwed :( We'll miss rope drop at Universal... Might just need to go with Mears.
Maybe try for Uber and if there is nothing in a reasonable amount of time then go with Mears. The good news is they are easy to get so that won't be a problem.

Not sure if we should use uber or lyft. We will be going from Disney CSR to Universal RPR, then RPR to MCO a few days later. We are a family of 4 and will have 4 suitcases and carry-ons as well. What would we need to request please?

If we want to make it the MK from AKL for the 7:45 am extra morning magic event, is 7:00 a good time to aim leaving the hotel? I would try to get dropped at the Contemporary, so that should be a little faster than the TTC, I think.

If we want to make it the MK from AKL for the 7:45 am extra morning magic event, is 7:00 a good time to aim leaving the hotel? I would try to get dropped at the Contemporary, so that should be a little faster than the TTC, I think.
Yes, that's a good time to leave AKL

Anyone use Uber/Lyft to go between parks and Give Kids the World? Just checking options (may go with 2 rentals).

Anyone use Uber/Lyft to go between parks and Give Kids the World? Just checking options (may go with 2 rentals).
No, but there's no reason to be a problem. I checked the app in that area last week and saw plenty of drivers around.

The only thing to know is that if you were thinking of requesting Uber with a child car seat, GKTW Village is outside of the area where Uber offers car seats.

You can get a fare estimate here: https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/

No, but there's no reason to be a problem. I checked the app in that area last week and saw plenty of drivers around.

The only thing to know is that if you were thinking of requesting Uber with a child car seat, GKTW Village is outside of the area where Uber offers car seats.

You can get a fare estimate here: https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/

Thanks for the link. Car seat is not an issue, kids are 11 and 16 ;)

What are the average fares you see? Are they in range with most uber fares?

I have a question about being picked up and dropped off at resorts using Uber or Lyft. I'll be using a scooter while in Disney, but a few late nights we're gonna want to go to Trader Sam's for a bit, they are open till midnight. I was thinking we could get back to OKW and drop off the scooter in our room, to make it easier to get to the Poly and back. The walking in the parks is too much, but would be okay from resort to Trader Sam's via Uber/Lyft.

I'm wondering if they will pick up at my building or the bus stop for my building, then take us to Trader Sam's. And then, would we be able to get Uber/Lyft for pick up from the Poly after midnight? I'm not sure how else we could get back from Poly/Trader Sam's to OKW that late without using an Uber/Ltft ride anyway, by then the park buses are done, and I'm thinking it'd be pretty expensive to rent a car for the week just for those nights.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated! :goodvibes

I'm wondering if they will pick up at my building or the bus stop for my building, then take us to Trader Sam's. And then, would we be able to get Uber/Lyft for pick up from the Poly after midnight? I'm not sure how else we could get back from Poly/Trader Sam's to OKW that late without using an Uber/Ltft ride anyway, by then the park buses are done, and I'm thinking it'd be pretty expensive to rent a car for the week just for those nights.
Yes, drivers can pick up at your building at OKW. It wouldn't hurt to contact the driver via the app when they're getting close to tell them your exact location.

I think you should be able to get an Uber around midnight. If they're not still hanging out at TTC, there should be some at DS who can get to Poly in around 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter