Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

UberBlack has been there since December. Quotes can be done via the app
Sorry, that is right. I wasn't thinking Black since that is just as much as a Taxi would be. I was thinking regular Uber

I'll fix my post to make it clearer

Uber can't pick you up at MCO. You'll have to get off site and then get transportation. It may be wiser/easier to stay in a hotel that offers MCO pick up
Something we do when we arrive late is go on to Disney and stay a night in a value resort. Their rates are typically lower than most off site locations

Aha. Thank you! I thought Uber black could pick up at MCO, I must have outdated info.

We did look at values as a possibility to have Magical Express. Never stayed value, but thinking Pop as a possibility.

UberBlack has been there since December. Quotes can be done via the app

Thank you! Thought Uber Black was there. I need to figure out how to get a quote for a future date on the app. The only thing we typically do is schedule a ride for that moment.

Aha. Thank you! I thought Uber black could pick up at MCO, I must have outdated info.

We did look at values as a possibility to have Magical Express. Never stayed value, but thinking Pop as a possibility.

Thank you! Thought Uber Black was there. I need to figure out how to get a quote for a future date on the app. The only thing we typically do is schedule a ride for that moment.
Yes, Black can. Rates for Black equal a taxi so about $75, roughly, give or take $10

You can't get a quote for a future dates that I know of, but you can get a quote easily by just putting in your location and destination and selecting Black.

Thank you! Looks like we will just try a Disney value for the night!
Not a bad idea. While they are not the most comfortable of rooms it's not for a long stay and it's just easier all the way around. I just pick whichever one is cheaper of the Values and book 1 night there. Take ME that night, then let Bell Services move our stuff that next morning. We spend the day at the park so it doesn't bother us that it takes them till late afternoon to move the bags

Do you think there would be any issue getting an UBER XL for a family of five from a Disney resort to the Port on a Monday morning?

I, too, thank you RideShareRob, for this thread. Very helpful!

We will be staying at Pop Century in October. We're checking in super-early (about 6:30 a.m.), storing our luggage and taking either Uber or Lyft to Discovery Cove for the day (to allow us to partake in some adult beverages while enjoying the park and not worry about driving back to WDW a bit tipsy 8-)). I was worried about getting a ride to Discovery Cove that early in the morning on a Sunday, but after searching and reading this thread, I feel much more comfortable with it!
The information in this thread is very much appreciated! :thanks:

We've never used uber before, but are considering it for our August vacation. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Suites and Water Park (formerly Nickelodeon resort) and want to spend a day at Disney Springs. How much time should we give ourselves to get from the hotel to disney springs? We have an 11:00 lunch reservation at T-rex. Thank you.

We've never used uber before, but are considering it for our August vacation. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Suites and Water Park (formerly Nickelodeon resort) and want to spend a day at Disney Springs. How much time should we give ourselves to get from the hotel to disney springs? We have an 11:00 lunch reservation at T-rex. Thank you.

Plan for:
No more than 10 mins for a car to arrive to get you (thats on the high side)
Maybe another 10 or so to get over there and dropped at the strawberry lot.
Then add 15-20 to walk across Disney Springs to the restaurant. (Im assuming youll have kids in tow and not be moving quickly)

Anyone have experience with Uber Family in the park? We have two kiddos that would need car seats, so yes that would mean 2 separate cars and 2 surcharges....just wondering if it's a feasible one-off backup plan.

Anyone have experience with Uber Family in the park? We have two kiddos that would need car seats, so yes that would mean 2 separate cars and 2 surcharges....just wondering if it's a feasible one-off backup plan.
Any chance either of them are big enough for a booster? If so, consider a portable car seat, Bubblebum. We were able to use one for DGD once she was big enough to use a high back booster. You can store it in a locker at the parks. If you don't have a stroller. Would be cheaper in the long run, than 2 cars each time

Any chance either of them are big enough for a booster? If so, consider a portable car seat, Bubblebum. We were able to use one for DGD once she was big enough to use a high back booster. You can store it in a locker at the parks. If you don't have a stroller. Would be cheaper in the long run, than 2 cars each time

We thought about that...and yes my daughter is big enough for the bubblegum. I was worried about leaving it in the stroller... I didn't think about storing in a locker, that's a great idea!

A big thanks to everyone posting info here, from someone who lives in a place with no Uber! I've read through the whole thread and I'm still not quite sure if Uber will work for my needs. I will be at Disney without a car and would like to arrange for my daughter who will be a University of Tampa student to travel back and forth to Disney from Tampa. I know Uber is in both Tampa and Disney, but what is the likely hood of getting a driver willing to make the trip?

A big thanks to everyone posting info here, from someone who lives in a place with no Uber! I've read through the whole thread and I'm still not quite sure if Uber will work for my needs. I will be at Disney without a car and would like to arrange for my daughter who will be a University of Tampa student to travel back and forth to Disney from Tampa. I know Uber is in both Tampa and Disney, but what is the likely hood of getting a driver willing to make the trip?
Id say its pretty high. I know some drivers dont like it because you get nothing coming back. However, Ive done out the math and it works out just fine for Xl and Select trips. UberX is so cheap that it starts to become unprofitable very quickly for the driver (for example: clearwater beach due to how long it takes, or the airport because of the tolls). You can also use a third party scheduling app, like UZURV, to find someone in advance who is willing to take the trip.

Last edited:
We'd like to use Uber to and from DS during our August trip. Since it will be hot, I'm trying to plan and not spend more time walking in the heat than we need to. We don't love the West Side, so plan on skipping that section this trip. It seems that Uber drops off at the Strawberry Lot, which is at the end of the West Side. I'm wondering if there's a better way, like walking over the bridge to the Saratoga Springs Resort for our Uber pick up and drop off. Does this seem fairly easy? Are there any other options for pick up and drop off closer to the Marketplace or Town Center?

We'd like to use Uber to and from DS during our August trip. Since it will be hot, I'm trying to plan and not spend more time walking in the heat than we need to. We don't love the West Side, so plan on skipping that section this trip. It seems that Uber drops off at the Strawberry Lot, which is at the end of the West Side. I'm wondering if there's a better way, like walking over the bridge to the Saratoga Springs Resort for our Uber pick up and drop off. Does this seem fairly easy? Are there any other options for pick up and drop off closer to the Marketplace or Town Center?
I think I saw something from Uber saying Disney had requested that drivers not drop off & pick up at SSR for DS.

Your driver may be willing to drop you off in one of the DS garages, or not; it doesn't hurt to ask.

Remember that there is a free water taxi from the West Side to the Landing & the Marketplace scheduled every 15 or 20 minutes. The West Side dock is very close to the drop-off area.

Very informative thread, had a question, not sure if it was addressed...Can any uber cars accommodate a scooter/motorized wheelchair?

Remember that there is a free water taxi from the West Side to the Landing & the Marketplace scheduled every 15 or 20 minutes. The West Side dock is very close to the drop-off area.

Thanks, Joelkfla, I didn't think of the water taxi. That totally solves my problem! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter