• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

No reason you couldn't use an iPad but the only way to request a car is via the app and the app needs wi-fi or cellular service to work so you would have to have it on both pick up locations.
So as long as there is wi-fi at the starting spot and at the end location that I can use it should work.

I was hoping I could use Uber or Lyft to transfer hotels (Cabana Bay to Springhill Suites) and then again from Springhill to MCO.

We used Uber on our last trip to get back to airport,was thinking of trying Lyft this time.... any comparisons there,or are the pretty much equal? We have 4 people total,so a regular car would work,I think. the fare estimator gives an approx. cost, but we should give a tip after ride,right?

We used Uber on our last trip to get back to airport,was thinking of trying Lyft this time.... any comparisons there,or are the pretty much equal? We have 4 people total,so a regular car would work,I think. the fare estimator gives an approx. cost, but we should give a tip after ride,right?
From what I recall from reading the posts is that Lyft will allow you to add a tip to the fare so you don't need cash. I also heard that you don't have to tip. There was a code for Lyft LYFTDISNEY that gave you $50 in free rides, not sure if it still works.

A couple of questions. Can Uber Black accommodate a family of 6 with luggage? If we decide to use regular Uber, does it matter which shuttle we take out of the airport to then contact an Uber driver? Aren't the hotels/rental car shuttles wise to this practice now and asking for a proof of confirmation before they let you on their shuttle? Just curious.

I have used Uber a little in Orlando, but I am trying to figure out if that is an option to get from OKW to Port Canaveral? If you use the APP for an XL it does give you a fare of 87-125 or something along that which is a lot cheaper and better than any other transportation I have found, but the day of the cruise I kind of would be depending on it and was wondering if anyone had that experience or will Uber drivers even pick that up and do it?

I have used Uber a little in Orlando, but I am trying to figure out if that is an option to get from OKW to Port Canaveral? If you use the APP for an XL it does give you a fare of 87-125 or something along that which is a lot cheaper and better than any other transportation I have found, but the day of the cruise I kind of would be depending on it and was wondering if anyone had that experience or will Uber drivers even pick that up and do it?

Yup. We get those from time to time. Not a problem.

Rob - Reading other forums it appears that people have had success being dropped at Polynesian - despite not being guests or having dining reservations. Have you any input on this? Cheers!

I havent had them check against the ADR list in months, but thats not to say during a "hard close" of the parking lot they wont. A lot of it comes down to the resort, the individual at the booth, and whether they recognize the driver.

Just got back from our UBER vacation.

Family of 4 on an 11 day trip shared between Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resorts and the Hard Rock Cafe. We didn't rent a car. It was a fantastic experience. We probably did around 15 Uber rides (including one at 4:30 am from the Hospital). I never waited more than 5 minutes. We're going to do that again next year. With the price of parking at Disney and Universal, it didn't make sense. Also, we used a grocery delivery service to start us off.

I don't think we got Rob as a driver though.

Just got back from our UBER vacation.

Family of 4 on an 11 day trip shared between Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resorts and the Hard Rock Cafe. We didn't rent a car. It was a fantastic experience. We probably did around 15 Uber rides (including one at 4:30 am from the Hospital). I never waited more than 5 minutes. We're going to do that again next year. With the price of parking at Disney and Universal, it didn't make sense. Also, we used a grocery delivery service to start us off.

I don't think we got Rob as a driver though.

I'm mysterious like that ;)
Actually, Im only XL and Select, so that might do it too.

How easy will it be to get an UBER at 2:30 am from the Boardwalk on a Sunday morning to the airport? Got a 5:15 flight and really don't want to do a MKE trip that early in the morning (plus the extra 30 minutes sleep would be really nice!!!)

You'll probably have a car available with a wait time of ten minutes or less. Remember, theres still a decent number or riders at that time coming out of places like Boardwalk and Disney Springs, which have venues open till 3. Which means there will be drivers around.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with info about the Uber promo credit (first ride free up to $22) and downloading the app in another country. I'm based in the UK - traveling to Disney on Saturday! :) We'd like to use Uber to travel from CBR to Universal. I've never used it before so haven't downloaded the app yet. If I download the app now and enter my details, will it set up a UK account (therefore not letting me use the $ promo credit)? What if I put CRB as my home address? Not sure whether to risk downloading the app now, or wait until we're actually in CRB :) Thanks!

Just want to say thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread (especially Rob!) - it's been so helpful. I've spent all day reading every page! :)

I'm wondering if anyone can help with info about the Uber promo credit (first ride free up to $22) and downloading the app in another country. I'm based in the UK - traveling to Disney on Saturday! :) We'd like to use Uber to travel from CBR to Universal. I've never used it before so haven't downloaded the app yet. If I download the app now and enter my details, will it set up a UK account (therefore not letting me use the $ promo credit)? What if I put CRB as my home address? Not sure whether to risk downloading the app now, or wait until we're actually in CRB :) Thanks!

Just want to say thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread (especially Rob!) - it's been so helpful. I've spent all day reading every page! :)

I dont know about the technical stuff. You can email support, but Im sure someone on this thread has experience with this

You are better off downloading the Uber app when you are in US. If you do it now while in UK then it apply UK promotions. Will you have a working phone while in US? Uber will have to verify your phone number during setup.

I can also advice you to download Lyft app and try their promos. Their promo code LYFTDISNEY gives $50 off. You can set it up while in UK since it they are not there. We also found more lyft cars than uber in O

We used both uber and lyft and since we had 2 phones so every promo doubled!

Looking to use uber to get from AKV to Port Canaveral. There is 6 of us 2 adults and 4 kids(11, 5, 5, 2). I know the 2yr old will need a carseat but do the 5yr olds?
Thanks!

You are better off downloading the Uber app when you are in US. If you do it now while in UK then it apply UK promotions. Will you have a working phone while in US? Uber will have to verify your phone number during setup.

I can also advice you to download Lyft app and try their promos. Their promo code LYFTDISNEY gives $50 off. You can set it up while in UK since it they are not there. We also found more lyft cars than uber in O

We used both uber and lyft and since we had 2 phones so every promo doubled!

Thanks. My phone should work abroad (but I was hoping to keep airplane mode on and just use wifi to communicate) - although I was planning to make sure my phone/signal is accessible, just in case the driver needs to phone (do the drivers always phone to check pickup location?)
How does Uber verify your number? If it's just a text with a link then i'll just wait until i'm over there to download the app because my phone company doesn't charge me for receiving international texts :)

Thanks for the info about Lyft - I'll download that now :)

Last edited:
Looking to use uber to get from AKV to Port Canaveral. There is 6 of us 2 adults and 4 kids(11, 5, 5, 2). I know the 2yr old will need a carseat but do the 5yr olds?
Thanks!
Legally, yes they do. It's up to age 6 in FL (I believe it's age 6, may be 8 now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter