• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everest

MandyMaloo

"The very things that held you down are going to c
Hi everyone! I thought I had posted this before, but I can't seem to find it. I hope this is the correct place--I apologize if this is the wrong spot!

I just wanted to know what Expedition Everest was like. I'm not a huge roller coaster person (I love BTMR and SM though). I also have a real fear of heights. I've watched a few videos online of the ride and it looks pretty cool, but there's a pretty large portion that's in the dark.

Is this a good ride? I don't mind a drop here or there, I just don't do that giant drops (ala Tower of Terror) and the like. Is this something you'd suggest or should I sit this out?

I appreciate any help, and apologize again if this is the wrong place to post this!

Thank you!! :)

Best ride in the park! Go for it, not like the tower of terror at all. My 9 year old hates TOT and loves Everest!

If you like BTMR, you will like and will be able to ride Everest. My DS10 loves them both.

LOL...sounds great! I figured it was something pretty safe, but I like to be sure!

Thank you so much for the advice! :)

It is SO much fun! :goodvibes You can't miss that ride!!!! :rotfl2: The only complaint that I have is the line is SO long. Also, my dd got a little scared in the cave when the "Yeti" came out but besides that it was awesome! :banana:

Have a spectacular trip!
Jillian

I have a fear of heights too - I won't ride Tower of Terror or Splash Mountain, but Everest is one of my favorite rides in WDW. I love it! I also like BTMR, so if you like that, you'll do fine on Everest. No major drops which is great, and the theming makes it unlike any other ride. ;)

is this the same as the matterhorn (sp?) in ca?

Same in the sense that they both have a Yeti. :p

I love the Matterhorn but Everest is WAY better.

To the OP, I say give it a shot. Yes there is a part that's in the dark (and it also goes backwards) but it is such a fun ride.

Well i LOVED everest! Its my favorite ride at WDW. The only thing that kinda freaked me out was when you go backwards. Just make sure you brace yourself for that. (but going backwards was still fun)
Hope this helps:yay:
Have a good trip!

I agree with the PP who said if you like BTMR you'll like Everest. It is a bit more intense but my 75 year old mother has ridden it and loved it. (I discourage her from Tower of Terror because of her back). Anyhoo-give it a try!! It is awesome!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter