EVEREST... should I be scared?

Honestly, most of the screams are of surprise and glee.

Spoiler warning!

The reverse part in the dark feels like some tightly banked circles (not loops, there are no inversions). I envision them to be very similar to the few turns right after the final 'big' drop, about 2 or 3 times in a tight, off centered circle. I think the dark part is pretty much like this but inside in the dark. It does not jerk you around back and forth in the dark like RnR or those type rides. It's smooth but fast.

Man I can't wait 6 months to get back on it!
So would you say that you don't really get that stomach-drop feeling in the dark part?

So would you say that you don't really get that stomach-drop feeling in the dark part?

The stomach-drop feeling comes from when you run up to the broken track and can see Epcot and MGM in the distance and you pray that the car stops!!!! :rotfl2:

I'm telling you, the only way to ride that ride is to be in the front row. It's amazing!

Something to consider, is to ask a CM if you can sit towards the front. I was in the 4th row when i rode it.

Reason i say this is because the train is 60 feet and the 'drop' is 80. By the time the back of the train actually gets over the hill part, you're already makin that curve.

I also HATE that forward dropping feeling. hate hate hate it. i can totally handle RnRC, Tot, but have me leaning forward on a rollercoaster and forget about it. lol.

Anyway, i LOVED EE and i can not wait to ride it again in august.

Also note: as you're walking up to EE you will hear squeals, screams, and the like coming from EE. You will see the big forward drop right away and you'll be able to for the majority of the time in your line. BOOOYYYYY did that play a number on my psyche! I was about ready to pee my pants before i even got in the seat! However, it's not nearly(IMO) as bad as it may seem and the theming itself is worth the 3 seconds or so of that 'drop'- even though it's mainly a curve.

lol. wow. didnt mean to write so much! All in all, it's a terrific ride. and if you start feelin uneasy, just reassure yourself that your diser friends can handle it, it will be over before you know it, and if you end up hating it, at least you can say you rode it.

Hey, it's better to go down that hill than get eaten alive by mr. yeti:rotfl2:

ENJOY!!! HAVE FUN!!!! tell us what you thought when you get back!!

oh yeah one more thing: I've suggested this to people on here before, and it seems to help.....

You could try watching the videos of EE on Youtube, if you havent already. It really helped me make the decision to ride or not..

and i will totally agree with the poster who said that the only uneasy feeling comes when you are praying with all your might that the train really does stop when your coming to the tracks end. Even from the 4th row i was like 'oh dear heavens'. I cant imagine what i would have been like in the 1st row. :rotfl2:

Well a little bit but it's not from a long drop, more just because it's dark and fast and you're going around a tight curve (circle) so you feel more g-forces.

My buddy's DD8 loved it. She was only scared at first because I told her the Yeti was alive and was loose inside the mountain and you never knew what he was going to do. You should have seen her eyes where he reaches for you!

I bought her one of those soft white Yeti doll/pillows and she forgave me. :thumbsup2

I'm not really into coasters, but EE was not bad at all. I was in a seat by myself and my DD and her DH were in front of me. I laughed alot.

I think you will be fine.

this ride terrifies me. I have ridden it twice and have regretted it both times. The first time I was in the very first car. I made it about 3/4 the way through the ride before I just closed my eyes and screamed the rest of the way. This past time when we went we were in the very last car. It was way worse. I made it about half way through and then closed my eyes and screamed the whole rest of the way. I couldn't tell you about the yeti or when he pops out. I was just trying to keep my sanity and my breakfast in my stomach.... never again....

I'm a ride chicken but I mustard up the courage to ride EE twice....I can't wait to ride it again!! I have yet to ride RnR or TOT maybe on our trip next month I will ride at least on of those. If your curious,you can go to google video and see a clip of the ride.

I am reading this with much interest. popcorn:: I too hate the big drops on coasters (sometimes I think I hate the clickety clickety of going up the hills because I assume that a huge drop is to follow), love curves, love speed, love bumpy. I was pregnant during our trip a year ago so didn't ride any of the coasters. I do love BTMRR which I rode for the first time last Feb. We didn't ride anything else because we had to baby swap and I was too chicken to ride without DH next to me! However, I think we might try some of the other coasters (EE is tops on our list) next trip because we will have other family with us so that we can ride together. I watched that YouTube video - the dark part does seem long, but the descriptions everyone has give are very helpful! Thanks!:yay:

The dark part isn't bad at all. If you think you might not like it, close your eyes and just go with it.
They are taking your picture as you go down the drop, so SMILE!!!

No, you shouldn't be. We were on for the first time ever today and it's a very smooth coaster. I was impressed except there was no REALLY big drop. A lot of circle's though. DS (6) loved it. Fast Pass worked great.

The dark part isn't bad at all. If you think you might not like it, close your eyes and just go with it.

AH AH that's exactly what I told my mom before we went on the ride. It made the lady in front of us laugh and roll her eyes, now I know why.

this ride terrifies me. I have ridden it twice and have regretted it both times. The first time I was in the very first car. I made it about 3/4 the way through the ride before I just closed my eyes and screamed the rest of the way. This past time when we went we were in the very last car. It was way worse. I made it about half way through and then closed my eyes and screamed the whole rest of the way.

Glad it's not just us !!! :scared1:

Well to start I rode EE for the first time Feb 07. I LOVED IT.

But anyways, it has an 80 foot drop....and that's what got me freaked before I road it. But honestly, even though Splash has a 50 foot drop, Splash's drop gives you that lose your stomach feeling worse, and it seems steeper than EE's drop.

To me the "scariest" part of EE, which was my favorite, was when you go backwards in the dark, there's a small dip, or curve, I'm not sure, that really makes you lose your stomach for a second. But it's not that bad, it's more fun than scary!

I think you should try it. The start off on RnRC is wayy scarier than any part of EE, in my opinion. But I like both, and I think you should try both. lol

Thanks for everyone's descriptions, the more I hear the better I feel! It's good to get a sampling of those who did like it but also those who didn't. For me, the more I know about a ride the better I can handle it because there will be less of the "unknown" factor.

Keep the tips coming if you feel like it, maybe they will help others too!

Laura

This is a ride that tricks you. When you think something is about to happen, nothing does. When you don't expect anything, something happens!;)

Ride it. You'll love it! I am a rollercoaster CHICKEN! I get nervous every time I ride Splash Mt., but I tolerate the drop and do it anyway because I love the theming. When I heard that EE's "drop" was 80ft(Splash is 50), I thought I'd never get on it. I watched You Tube videos of the ride all the time, and that helped. Quite a bit of the info I got from here last year was wrong. Not sure why, but people were saying things about what the ride did that just weren't true.:confused3 Others described it just as it is(which I realized after I rode it).
I HATE, HATE, HATE drops and the feeling in my stomach from them(I did ToT once and that was plenty!). The only drop that EE has is the one you'll see coming out of the mountain. It's curved quite a bit and is absolutely awesome! I rode this about 5 times last year and couldn't get enough. I just didn't get that feeling in my stomach like I do on Splash. The backwards part isn't bad either. You are basically pulled backwards in a helix UPwards. You can feel the pressure from it, but I never felt as though I was being inverted. The theming in the ride is the best and my absolute favorite of any ride at WDW. It's a very smooth ride also, not jerky at all.

Take it from a "drop" chicken....you'll love this ride!

We just got back from 7 days at WDW; we met up with my brother and sister in-law (my brother is a big roller coaster fan while my wife and I are definitely not; we're chickens and I'm scared of heights!). After "mastering" big thunder mountain at MK (got to start somewhere!), we gave in and did the Rock and Roller coaster at MGM and Everest at AK. We loved it! Was it scary? Yes, but not horribly scary. Both of my 7 yr old girls went on Everest (one was scared but said it was "ok", the other one loved it and wanted to keep on riding it). My wife and I both agree that it really was the highlight of the vacation; we're somewhat proud of ourselves for facing our fears and doing both coasters and doing them twice each; if we had more time we would have gone more often, but those two parks were at the end of our trip. We can't wait to go back; I'm sure we'll do them at least a half dozen times next time.

My personal recommendation is to use fast pass or go early in the morning so you don't wait in line getting more and more nervous. And then go again right after you get off; you'll enjoy it more the second time since you'll know more of what to expect.

Again, my wife and I are big chickens and these are the first real coasters we've ever gone on, but they were really fun and exciting. The big drop on Everest is not as bad as it looks and once you make it through it's a lot of fun after that point. Trust me, you'll feel good for mastering this ride! And you won't feel like you missed out on these "must see" attractions.

It is the BEST rollercoaster in my opinion...with Rockin Rollercoaster running a close 2nd...nothing to be scared of...just a lot of fun. Face-off at Kings Island in Ohio...now THAT is the first rollercoaster I was truly "scared" on....you hang facing the pavement for like 15 seconds before you ride down and back up again to hang there a few more seconds...felt like I would be gooo on the sidewalk at any moment!!! Everest...piece of cake and thrilling!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter