Everest Challenge 2010

dizneyfan23

Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches o
I just found this on the Everest section of Disney's Endurance website:

September 25, 2009 - Save the date for next year's event - June 12, 2010

Sorry, I don't know how to post a direct link to that page.

I know that there's some big new race coming in the fall of 2010 that's taking the place of the RFTT & TOT, so it makes sense to move the Everest race, but the middle of June!!! Even at night it'll be rather hot at that time of year.

Wow--that's a big change. And June? Wouldn't be my time to wanna go, but seems like they are trying to have events every 2-3 months throughout the year. Gotta find a way to rake in those bucks!

Maura

I just came here to post this info. They handed me a card with the new date yesterday at packet pick up. I wish it was may instead of june, but I already called and booked a room for the june date this morning.

Btw, I don't see how it can be any hotter in early june than it is right now! It is 93 right now at AKL.

It cools down very quickly at night theses days, some night I have to go out with a top on!!! thats how it can be cooler.
On the OT (WDW) golf course today it was 102.

Last night it was 85 at 7pm and just after 8 it started to rain.....a lot, and the temp plumated.
I was in MK and by the TTA it flooded!!!!

I don't really like the new June date, but I'll probably still be there for my third year doing the event. The thing that bothers me even more than the heat is that isn't June a more expensive time of year to visit? Part of what I loved about EEC was the really great room rates.

Hey everyone, I just had a new blog published recapping last weekend's Expedition Everest Challenge. I intend to send the link to my contacts at the Disney Endurance Series. If you leave comments at the bottom of the blog, Disney will be able to see them as well. It may be a way to provide some feedback to them if you're interested. You just need to sign in to the blog with your DIS username and password.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/09/30/second-annual-expedition-everest-challenge-washed-out/

I have a question... I am in the middle of getting in shape, have already went from 245 to 202, should be down to my high school weight of about 175 over the winter.. Was thinking about doing this, but have NEVER been a runner, even when I was playing football, basketball and baseball 20 years ago..

Since we already have a June 2010 trip planned, was thinking of giving it a shot even though I doubt I will be in good shape.. How competitive are these 5K's??? What if I need to stop and take a walking break??

This really isn't a competitive race although there are some serious competitors participating. It is very much a fun race in the fact that there are a lot of people that will walk, socialize and take pictures along the way. This year the weather turned bad and ruined a lot of peoples fun but, my daughter and I had a great time and will do it again next year (our third).

Chester

Hi Seeds -

I am in similar weight range and have never been a runner. I started doing the C25K in May, but have changed from consecutive running to interval training now. I planned on walking and running this race. Did more walking than expected b/c it was so humid, and I completed it. It was SO much fun.

There are those that are competitive but 85% are there just having a blast. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a fun goal to work towards.

We walked/ran this challenge. I am not really a runner, but my teammate is. We were competing mostly with ourselves to complete it! It was a lot of fun...until the massive downpour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter