Ever used an out house?

When I was little (I'm soon to be 35 so not that long ago!:rotfl: ) my grandparents lived in an old farm house and they had an attached 3 seater! Two adult sized openings and one child sized. We walked out through the kitchen into the attached barn, past the wood shed area and there was the bathroom.

After they divorced my grandmother remarried and moved into her husbands house. Right up until I got married, about 14 yrs ago, they still had an "outhouse". It was located in the enlosed porch off the kitchen at the back of the house. It was always freezing in there because they didn't keep it heated. Less of a smell I guess! :eek:

I think the last time I used an outhouse was last summer in Maine at Bradbury State Park; my husband was there for a mountain bike race. My DS7 did not want to use it because there were flies buzzing around the seat. He was really freaked out about them getting his butt!:lmao:

My grandmother taught us a song when we were younger--well she didn't teach it to us but when you hear a dirty word as a little kid your ears perk up

The filter should take out the dirty words so you'll have to figure them out on your own.

"welcome to my **** house,it's nice and cozy there,where the wind blows up your ******* and tickles your golden hair"

She used to sing it in the nursing home and every time we went to visit the nurses would tell my dad that he needs to make her stop:lmao: it seemed to be quite catchy and she had all the other residents singing it:rotfl2:

My grandmother taught us a song when we were younger--well she didn't teach it to us but when you hear a dirty word as a little kid your ears perk up

The filter should take out the dirty words so you'll have to figure them out on your own.

"welcome to my **** house,it's nice and cozy there,where the wind blows up your ******* and tickles your golden hair"

She used to sing it in the nursing home and every time we went to visit the nurses would tell my dad that he needs to make her stop:lmao: it seemed to be quite catchy and she had all the other residents singing it:rotfl2:

OMG! That sounds like something my dear deceased Grandma would have sung! She used to come out with ditties like that all the time! I miss her and her sense of humor!!:)

I don't get the outhouses with more than one seat. Do people invite others in with them? Have conversations in there? To me, it should be one seat, one butt at a time like with a regular bathroom. Am I missing something? I do understand having a "kiddie" seat for smaller booties, but two "regular" seats?:confused3

I don't get the outhouses with more than one seat. Do people invite others in with them? Have conversations in there? To me, it should be one seat, one butt at a time like with a regular bathroom. Am I missing something? I do understand having a "kiddie" seat for smaller booties, but two "regular" seats?:confused3

My grandma's was a two seater. She said that when she and her sisters were young they would go out together in the night, so their dad made the outhouse to suit.

They didn't use chamber pots, because her mother did not want any of that stuff in the house. She thought it was nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter