Ever Sold & Regretted It?

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
Just curious if any of you have ever sold you contract(s) via resale and then regretted it afterwards?

If you do not mind sharing, can you tell me what the regret was? You do not have to get personal. Just a surface answer is good.

Yes.... When VGF became available, we sold our small 50-point BLT contract and bought VGF...Don't regret buying VGF, but wish we would've kept those BLT points! Can't justify the price to buy more now. When we sold, getting rooms at the 7-month mark was relatively easy at BLT. Now it is much harder.

There are times we wish we hadn't sold our 100 BCV points. But when they debit my checking account each month, I don't mind it so much.

We sold a few contracts a few years ago and took a $10,000 loss. If we had held on to them and sold later, we could have made some money.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes. We sold our AKV contract and bought BWV. We learned we are more AKV people. BWV was nice, just not out style. We are in the process of selling the BWV contract. Fortunately with the price increase over the last few years we have not lost anything.

Yes. We sold our AKV contract and bought BWV. We learned we are more AKV people. BWV was nice, just not out style. We are in the process of selling the BWV contract. Fortunately with the price increase over the last few years we have not lost anything.
That’s interesting... what kinds of things make you say you’re not BWV and more AKV?

That’s interesting... what kinds of things make you say you’re not BWV and more AKV?
While I’m not the person you quoted, what’s interesting about it?

Different people; different likes. Our family also likes AKV much, MUCH more than BWV. Nothing wrong with that.

We've sold three contracts - BCV, AKL, and VWL (BRV) - and only had regrets about one. Returning to the Wilderness Lodge after selling VWL really made us miss staying there. While we were debating whether to reacquire VWL (BRV), CCV went on sale so our problem (first world, admittedly) solved itself.

We now own 8 contracts at 580 points at OKW (200), BWV (255) and HHI (125). Before the last 150 BWV was added, we also had 100 AKV. We found that we didn't need to own at AKV to book there...we could use our OKW to book there at 7 months almost any time. We were financially strapped for about 2 years when DH took job in another state and bought a condo there. Resale prices were way up so we sold the 100 AKV for $15pp more than we bought it for. Then, once we moved to where DH was working and sold the big house and got the finances settled, we added a 150 BWV (already had 105 BWV). So no real regrets. Except we have always wanted to try club level and not owning AKV makes that very tough. SIL owns there so we can always trade some points with her.

Last edited:

Different people; different likes. Our family also likes AKV much, MUCH more than BWV. Nothing wrong with that.
Who said anything was wrong with it? I said it was interesting.. hence the question of why I asked what she liked better. I believe the OP asked about regrets.. I’m curious to know WHAT about the property made this poster feel that way! Smh

Who said anything was wrong with it? I said it was interesting.. hence the question of why I asked what she liked better. I believe the OP asked about regrets.. I’m curious to know WHAT about the property made this poster feel that way! Smh
Sure, ok

I regret selling some contracts. Original plan was to buy back in at a different resort, but I took too long doing that and prices ended up going higher than I wanted to pay.

Seeing as I just bought into BOTH of these properties, it seems you need a lesson in people discerning skills. And since the person I actually addressed answered the question without hesitation, says the misinterpretation lies with you.

I'm in the process of selling 50 pts at BLT. Am I happy about it? No. But, it's a means to an end. I still have two contracts at BWV, those aren't going anywhere. Well, not unless I end up buying property in the WDW area. Then, I'll keep the small contract.

We stayed at BCV for the first time. We always stayed at Coronado Springs. I missed the "relaxed" feel of Coronado. Felt like BCV was "busy" every where you went. Loved being able to walk to Epcot however. Hope that helps.

We stayed at BCV for the first time. We always stayed at Coronado Springs. I missed the "relaxed" feel of Coronado.
We learned we are more AKV people. BWV was nice,
I can totally sympathize with you. Stayed at BW because i had a conference to attend. I felt that the BW area is just too busy with 4 resorts in the same vicinity AK gives the feel that you are getting away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. But each vacation can be something different, which is why the ability to use the points elsewhere is a great benefit.

Just curious if any of you have ever sold you contract(s) via resale and then regretted it afterwards?
Everyones situation and decision to sell is different -- some sell because their family out grows WDW, Some because they can no longer afford WDW vacations or can no longer afford their contract, others sell to buy elsewhere. I am not in the market to sell, but if i was i would likely rent out points for a few years -- this would help the contract pay for itself and allow you to know what it is like to not be able to go -- seeing how you feel after this period of time might give you a good idea of how you will feel not being able to go, without making a permanent decision.

Sad story...I had to sell 2 contracts when I went through a divorce several years ago. I have since paid slightly discounted rack rates for DVC studios and it has been painful given the cost and the fact that we were used to staying in one bedrooms (renting points is not an option as my circumstances require that the option to potentially cancel last minute is available). I would love to purchase another contract but I don't know if that makes sense financially at this point as my kids are getting older and I'm not sure how often we'll be able to get to Disney but if I still had my previous contracts, I'm sure we would find a way to make it work with banking and renting out points. I miss my DVC :sad1:.

Seeing as I just bought into BOTH of these properties, it seems you need a lesson in people discerning skills. And since the person I actually addressed answered the question without hesitation, says the misinterpretation lies with you.
Sure, ok

Nobody said or implied anything was wrong with it. They showed interest in why they felt that way. What's wrong with finding out what someone enjoys or maybe doesn't appreciate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter