Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

Give me the topless and the old man speedos any day over the people who get into the pools dressed with shirts and "pool shoes"...huge pet peeve...going in the pool? sorry no shirt and no shoes...I'm sorry if you're too big or your religion forbids displaying body parts. i don't want to swim with the germs from your shoes or your dirty shirts ..

why- peoples bare feet are that much cleaner???

Give me the topless and the old man speedos any day over the people who get into the pools dressed with shirts and "pool shoes"...huge pet peeve...going in the pool? sorry no shirt and no shoes...I'm sorry if you're too big or your religion forbids displaying body parts. i don't want to swim with the germs from your shoes or your dirty shirts ..

You probably don't want to swim in people's pee either, but you will. :faint:

Sorry to offend you but I will always wear my rash guard in the pool because sunscreen really doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I personally find rash guards to be different from cotton t-shirts - but my kids wear rash guards in the pool - they burn easily.

Hot tub being used by an overly hairy (body) man for grooming himself. Rub a dub, scrub, scrub.....was gross.

I personally find rash guards to be different from cotton t-shirts - but my kids wear rash guards in the pool - they burn easily.

I second this. Having seen relatives with major skin cancer late in their lives we generally wear rash guards ( swim shirts) whenever out in the sun on the water. These are specially made of spandex and nylon for water use to prevent burning and no, are not the same shirts we wear when out of the pools....SPF is equal to 50 and really does a great job. Not once have my kids been burned where protected by the shirt. Sun burn at early ages is a serious risk factor for cancer later in life.

3 cruises back many around us were complaining of jelly fish stings in the water at CC...we didn't even notice...

I wear shirts in the pool. I don't particularly want to, but I'm one of those unlucky souls for whom sunscreen only goes so far and is at high risk for melanoma. Sorry to offend your sensibilities, but a few of us don't have many other options.

WOW! T-shirts really?
What the he** is the difference between what "germs" that are on a bathing suit or a T-shirt? OMG you are too much with some of your comments.

My husband always wears a t-shirt when he swims because he has had more basel-cell carcinomas removed then I can remember in the last 10 years.
Like the pp poster said sunscreen can only do so much.
You should be worried about so many other things that are happening in that pool.

WOW! T-shirts really?
What the he** is the difference between what "germs" that are on a bathing suit or a T-shirt? OMG you are too much with some of your comments.

My husband always wears a t-shirt when he swims because he has had more basel-cell carcinomas removed then I can remember in the last 10 years.
Like the pp poster said sunscreen can only do so much.
You should be worried about so many other things that are happening in that pool.

:rolleyes2
well it's a pet peeve. each has his/her own.
not so much the tshirts as the shoes...and people who go in the pool with "dresses" (as in pants, fully covered)...usually very religious people or very "big" people.

to stay on topic..
Shocking but not unexpected: nuggets from kids (usually babies) floating in the pool...with the ensuing pool closure for a few hours...

Wellll ... I made a new friend on our last cruise who had a baby and a three year old. She had been talking about how happy she was to only have one now in diapers, the 3 year old finally being totally potty trained. We were on loungers by the pool and asked if I'd watch Sasha, the three year old while she went to change the baby. I said sure, he was a charming talkative lil boy. While she was gone, Sasha was standing next to the lounge chair chattering away. A lady came up to the lounge chair next to us, put her stuff down and slipped off her cover-up to reveal a thong style swim suit. Quick as a flash, Sasha darted over and patted her behind, proclaiming "that's her Butt" in a VERY loud voice. For about 20 seconds everything just froze, while my mind scrambled about what to do, as this is not my child, but still... So I grabbed his hand and said "no touching" and then the lady said "yes, that is my butt", patted him on the head and laid down the lounger next to us. I was so embarrassed!:blush::blush:

I was on the Carnival Sensation last week and saw a young girl, about 10 or so, wearing a thong swim suit. Several mothers had a conversation with her mother about it being inappropriate for her age but it didn't do any good. :sad2:

I was on the Carnival Sensation last week and saw a young girl, about 10 or so, wearing a thong swim suit. Several mothers had a conversation with her mother about it being inappropriate for her age but it didn't do any good. :sad2:

Whoa! During one of our trips to Typhoon Lagoon we saw a family whose daughters were only wearing swimsuit bottoms. They were around 10. That was a little strange to see and I know different cultures have different norms, blah, blah, blah.

I second this. Having seen relatives with major skin cancer late in their lives we generally wear rash guards ( swim shirts) whenever out in the sun on the water. These are specially made of spandex and nylon for water use to prevent burning and no, are not the same shirts we wear when out of the pools....SPF is equal to 50 and really does a great job. Not once have my kids been burned where protected by the shirt. Sun burn at early ages is a serious risk factor for cancer later in life.

3 cruises back many around us were complaining of jelly fish stings in the water at CC...we didn't even notice...

Smart Family!!

Just curios as to what else offends you.. SMH

Not sure what you mean by no cover at all (do you mean the entire breast was exposed?) but I also have to ask- what would have been the proper place? The bathroom stall or something of that nature? *sigh* As for the exposed belly- someone said people have different ideas of what is appropriate behavior... if it was ONLY the pregnant belly, it was inappropriate to ask her to cover it up no matter how many children were staring- it was just a belly! They were probably staring because it was so big! But there's nothing wrong with showing a belly, pregnant or not. If you meant her breasts were also exposed, then please say so... but if not, they have no right to ask her to cover up her belly.
Agree 100%

I dont think they should have to breastfeed in the bathroom stall but a little discretion would be nice. I was on a plane and the lady next to my 11 year old god son just whiped her breast right out there and breastfed...he was so embarrassed and he was stuck there next to her on the plane the whole time she did that...a little cover up,, blanket etc would have been nice!

I'm sure it was not her choice to have your eleven year old god son be uncomfortable. However feeding a baby takes precedence over anyone else's comfort. I'm sure if it was that traumatic someone in the family could have switched seats with him. Also the term 'whipping it out' is very misleading. It implies a very deliberate movement of flashing her breast in a careless way. I'm sure that was not the case. Of she had not breastfed baby would have screamed and then your complaint was that there was a screaming baby on the flight. I would take quiet content nursling over screaming hungry baby, and I'm sure so would your god son.

Great stories here but this one seems out of place, especially for a cruise line that's geared to families, which BTW happen to include kids. As a mom who breastfed both children for an entire year, I proudly quote my very wise grandfather, "That's what God gave women breasts for. No one makes me hide when I have a cup of tea, why should my grandson have to hide under a blanket when he's hungry." This was the reprimand he gave my uncle (my grandfather's son) when my uncle suggested I might want to feed my son somewhere else in the house during a visit to my grandparents. I was never prouder of my grandfather than at that very moment! I never aimed to flash while breastfeeding but I never covered up either and made my son "drink in the dark".

Very wise grandfather indeed! You put it very well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter