• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever ride alone?

Have you gone on a ride alone?

• Yes I have!

• No way!

• I haven't, but I would

• I haven't, and I'm not sure if I would

Results are only viewable after voting.

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I'm just curious as to how many people have gone on a ride all by themselves. And if so, why?

I did for the first time this past October. It was just me and my mom in Epcot, and she is not into anything that is remotely like a thrill ride. So I rode Test Track and Soarin all by myself!:) And while I know many of you think Soarin is no big deal, my legs were shaking the whole time!

I'm just curious as to how many people have gone on a ride all by themselves. And if so, why?

I did for the first time this past October. It was just me and my mom in Epcot, and she is not into anything that is remotely like a thrill ride. So I rode Test Track and Soarin all by myself!:) And while I know many of you think Soarin is no big deal, my legs were shaking the whole time!

Sure.

In fact there are "Single Rider" queues for Exp. Everest, Test Track, and RnR just for... you guessed it.

Many times others in a group do not want to ride a thrill attraction, so one of the party will go alone.

I ride M:S Orange (full effect), while my DW rides the Green side or enjoys people watching outside the pavilion.

Likewise, with RnR at DHS, she'll wait for me outside as I carreen in the dark, solo.

...and the DOUBLE-POST GHOST will follow you home!

Like previously mentioned- if I want to ride something others do not want to ride I will go alone.

My last trip I did my last day in the parks by myself- so rode everything alone- lol- well as alone as I can be with a few thousand people...

I went alone on EE the first time. DH and my oldest darling daughter chickened out after going through most of the queue. That left me and Youngest DD who had second thoughts right as we were stepping onto the ride so I passed her my bag and said "See ya!":scared1: I told them all it was a piece of cake when I got off and they all rode it with me the second go around.:laughing:

I've done soarin', EE, ToT and TT by myself just to name a few:goodvibes

I have done most of the rides at wdw solo...it's no big deal...and the single rider lines are so short (for the most part)...

Yep, my wife dislikes Mission Space and R 'n Rollercoaster bangs her head around too much so I ride them solo.

Bill Frrom PA

I always ride alone as the last two trips my DH and I had to do the child swap. I thought it would be bad but We really enjoyed each ride just the same. Next trip I think my DS will be able to do some of the bigger rides like test track as he will be 4 and he is already about 39 inches. He did Kali last trip at age two and LOVED It. That was my first time doing any thrill ride with someone I knew, and it was wonderful, My DH cant wait to be able to do rides as a fam. But if its too much for my DS I have no problem at all doing rides alone (except tower of terror, wont try that alone)!:goodvibes

My very favorite ride at Hollywood Studios is ToT, but DH and DD hate it!! So, I use all 3 of our tickets for FPs, and ride 3 times in a row while they go and have father/daughter bonding time over a Mickey bar.

Every other ride, we either all do together, or at least DD and I do. DH can't do any spinny rides- motion sickness issues.

DW's too wussy to ride anything that goes over 7 miles per hour, so I often ride alone. That was my primary reason for having a child. I can't wait until he's old enough to ride EE with me.

My mother just bought my niece an annual pass for Christmas, so I'm sure I'll be dragging her along with us every chance I get so I'll at least have someone to ride with me.

I head to WDW every Dec, by myself. Yes, I meet up with friends there, but there are plenty of times when I'm by myself, quite happily I might add, and I hop on rides solo. It's no biggie. I did have someone ask me last year, while waiting in line, if it bothered me to be alone. Now, this was a woman with her dh and several children. I told her no, I didn't mind it at all. That I go to WDW with my family plenty of times and when I'm alone I get to do exactly what I want, when I want to do it. No trying to please anyone else. She looked at me, sighed and said she thought that was a very nice idea!!!

I have a couple of times, it's not as fun for me, but at least I get to ride while my sister is waiting with the kids...then it's her turn:thumbsup2

Yep, my wife dislikes Mission Space and R 'n Rollercoaster bangs her head around too much so I ride them solo.

Bill Frrom PA

the key to not getting knocked around is to ride in the middle, or closer to the front. the back end whips and just kills me. Maybe you wife can try in the middle once on RnR and see if that helps

I've gone to WDW 3x by myself and one year I went with my husband in Dec but ended up going to MVMCP by myself. So, I've gone on the rides by myself quite a few times. It does not bother me at all.

Everytime I ride there are other people on with me. They usually fill the entire train or coaster or craft or whatever with other guests... It must be a special ticket you guys purchase to ride alone. I can only afford MYW w/ PH.

:) :) :)

I like going it alone in the parks and have done a number of rides (not just the thrill ones) alone. My only awkward time with it was IASW where I and an (ahem) overly amorous couple had the boat to ourselves. That definitely wasn't the show I went in to see ...

When I was 13 or so, I went down with my dad on a business trip. Originally he had friends that I was supposed to meet and go to the parks. They ended up wanting to go to Sea World instead so I decided to do Disney alone. I was a little scared to go by myself but after I got there I realized it was the BEST! I could do whatever I wanted. ;)

I'll never forget that experience because it forced me to grow up a little bit but I was doing it in the best place! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter